[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest scrubba

Well I removed most apps and tested it for a full day to see how it went and just driving for 2 hours without touching the phone it rebooted 4 times... No apps running during that time, just sitting in a windshield mount... By the end of the day it had rebooted 9 times. Went back to stock B199 for now. Carbon and CM12 were more stable but also rebooted a couple times a day...

Guest hgoldy300

Since I started using interactive governor + deadline, I'm not having a single random reboot for weeks. I only had them when I tried other governors like intellidemande.

Guest noobSU

Since I started using interactive governor + deadline, I'm not having a single random reboot for weeks. I only had them when I tried other governors like intellidemande.

Have you tried watching video on a facebook?

Guest scrubba

This was excellent advice, I restored my rom backup and set the governor to Interactive and haven't had a reboot since. Looks like the stability issue is now solved. Thanks for sharing your findings, great help!

Guest noobSU

This was excellent advice, I restored my rom backup and set the governor to Interactive and haven't had a reboot since. Looks like the stability issue is now solved. Thanks for sharing your findings, great help!

please check after playing video on a facebook.

Guest Taiji2078

Hi !

Thank you for the ROM & kernel ! Testing it right now and working good.

About the kernel now ... I know it's not your work, but maybe you can contact chil360 ... I don't know where.

The only thing that is lacking is the GPU driver support for KitKat. I lack the skill to do integrate such drivers, but there are compatible video chips with Adreno 203 that have already the updated KitKat drivers and can be used for our devices too, as the Qualcomm dev. says :

"No need to wait for drivers from Qualcomm.  Find a device with the same chipset and use their binaries if possible (...)" 

If not, please add the freedreno GPU drivers to this kernel. I don't really know how to contact chil360 to test these updated drivers.

Thanks if you can cantact chil360 and tell him !

Edited by Taiji2078

Guest chil360

Hi !

Thank you for the ROM & kernel ! Testing it right now and working good.

About the kernel now ... I know it's not your work, but maybe you can contact chil360 ... I don't know where.

The only thing that is lacking is the GPU driver support for KitKat. I lack the skill to do integrate such drivers, but there are compatible video chips with Adreno 203 that have already the updated KitKat drivers and can be used for our devices too, as the Qualcomm dev. says :

"No need to wait for drivers from Qualcomm.  Find a device with the same chipset and use their binaries if possible (...)" 

If not, please add the freedreno GPU drivers to this kernel. I don't really know how to contact chil360 to test these updated drivers.

Thanks if you can cantact chil360 and tell him !

Adreno drivers have been discussed a few times in this thread...

Firstly - There are no devices with a similar chipset with kitkat adreno 2XX blobs. Qualcomm have not released any Adreno 2xx kitkat drivers.

There are more up to date JB adreno drivers and I have attempted to use these but they don't work. The kernel needs updating with a lot of msm/adreno code from the CAF repos. It's not as simple as replacing the gpu drivers with the updated ones as they rely on other parts of the kernel which also needs updating. This would also apply for trying to use the freedreno drivers.

As I have said before, I am not a kernel developer so I cannot do this. I know enough to add patches to the kernel that I think will be beneficial but a major overhaul of the graphics stack is something I just can't do. At the moment the only dev around that seems to know about kernel development is moddingg33k who is working on his synopsis kernel. If anyone can work on this, it would be him.

Edited by chil360

Currently I'm working on getting an more up-2-date snapshot of CodeAurora's MSM-3.4 Kernel (last updated @ 3rd quarter of  2013) working with our device. I'm always lagging time, so I mostly end up adding a few features / patches to the stock kernel sources provided by Huawei only unsure.png

Since Huawei's sources are quite "old" it's not worth the effort to add 1000+ patches, cherry-picked from CAF and other sources IMHO.

I stumbled across the freedreno project, but it doesn't look like it's worth spending time on implementing those drivers to our kernel. The last updates were around 1-2 years ago and it seems that project doesn't get maintained anymore. Another reason for me not to spend any time on those drivers.

Once I'm done getting the CAF-MSM sources working there is still no guarantee that the new drivers will be working. But we will see.

EDIT: I'm not a pro kernel developer neither, just someone with a bit of coding experience. Nothing more. tongue.png  Porting new drivers also requires some background information from datasheets which are hard to find like i had to figure out mellow.png

Edited by Guest

There are more up to date JB adreno drivers and I have attempted to use these but they don't work. The kernel needs updating with a lot of msm/adreno code from the CAF repos. It's not as simple as replacing the gpu drivers with the updated ones as they rely on other parts of the kernel which also needs updating. This would also apply for trying to use the freedreno drivers.

Yup, that's sadly true. Getting those updated drivers working requires some work of a few days.

Guest Taiji2078

Wow ! It's more than I expected to have you guys answer to my ideas. 

I'm really happy to see that you are here and willing to help us (I'm a complete noob in this matter, so sorry for the stupid "tech" things I may say).

I'm sorry that we don't have a valid option (compatible driver) for Adreno 203 KitKat drivers ... the only thing left to do is to spam them ... :) https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/maximize-hardware/mobile-gaming-graphics-adreno/27752#comment-7795

I'm also spamming Huawei with e-mails, to release drivers for Y300 ... no answer yet ... I guess I won't get any answer from them ever ... 

Again thank you very much ! It means a lot to me seeing you involved in this.