[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

upgraded to 7.9 so far so good.  by the way textplus doesn't work since 7.8, not sure if it is the rom or the textplus update.  uninstalled it since I don't have a data plan.

Are there any other remarks/findings on 7.9?

Is it worthwile to update from 7.8?

Guest Jairus1998

I have a problem with Slimkat. There is no fullscreen

This picture that I uploaded is in stock ROM but that something Slimkat don't have.

Can you fix this. I been doing comparison with Cyanogenmod 11 cause that ROM has it

post-1032500-0-23477500-1410473105_thumb

Guest tooplanx

Can anyone help me please.

I've just installed 7.9 and it seems great so far. However, I'm rather confused by the 'Use external SD as primary' option. In previous builds this option seemed to trick the phone into identifying the extSD as the internal SD so that apps etc were installed there. But now I'm installing all my apps again (through Play) and the apps are all being installed to the internal storage even though the 'Use external SD as primary' is selected. Once installed, I can move some apps partially to the extSD as was normal on JB.

Is this what should be happening, or is this feature broken? Or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks.

Guest anotherjib

Can anyone help me please.

I've just installed 7.9 and it seems great so far. However, I'm rather confused by the 'Use external SD as primary' option. In previous builds this option seemed to trick the phone into identifying the extSD as the internal SD so that apps etc were installed there. But now I'm installing all my apps again (through Play) and the apps are all being installed to the internal storage even though the 'Use external SD as primary' is selected. Once installed, I can move some apps partially to the extSD as was normal on JB.

Is this what should be happening, or is this feature broken? Or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks.

I believe it is like that since version 6 or something already...

If you install from an apk on your phone, it goes to sd, if from playstore, it goes to internal storage and then you can move it.

If your random restarts is caused by unlocking screen, try some other launcher.  It seems to have fixed my problem after I deleted Nova Launcher and use Google now lanucher

Guest Charrua155

Flashed 7.9 last week (after returning to stock). Didn't install Titanium, installed Kernel Tweaker (governor as interactive).

So far, no issues but only normal use. I still have to check Skype video call. Battery drains a bit faster but nothing big.

Guest Charrua155

Stevelexx: Check "keep scanning for wifi even if wifi is off", check which accounts are syncing and what (your gmail account can sync a lot of stuff), check which apps and services are running, check screen brightness (it's set a bit high for me)

I'm having a bit worse battery life than stock, by the way, but nothing dramatic.

Guest markoprogramer

I noticed a problem today. My phone is awake 67%, it is usually at 20% max. I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me?

post-1040745-0-19271900-1410816070_thumbpost-1040745-0-29119900-1410816076_thumb

Edit: Testing it today, will post the results here.

Edit 2: Found the problem, i had to do some fixes in google services framework. It seems a lot better now but still testing.

Edited by markoprogramer

Guest anotherjib

Do you use any script on SlimKat, swap, zram,fstrim or other ? If use, what script and share experiences.

I have disabled zram and installed fstrim, see here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/370237-all-modother-disableenable-swap-zram-fstrim/?p=2197965

Also I use distributed swap (three swapfiles, in /system, /data and /cache) by kannasbor0

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372057-mod-swap-to-system-data-cache/?p=2208110

(in the post http://www.modaco.com/topic/372057-mod-swap-to-system-data-cache/?p=2222689 you can find flashable zip by  luca020400, link: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=92812)

These certainly improved performance, antutu score increased by about 2000; I never used slimkat without them since 6.somethings, so I cannot say whether they are still improving new versions. Most likely - yes

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Domstadt

hey guys, my battery life nowadays is worst, tried all battery saving apps but ain't helping.. any suggestions but on the same slimkat rom

Try a clean full wipe and flash the rom again and PLEASE kill these battery saving apps. Most of them are useless.