Photo

Charging Issues followed by micro USB socket detachment!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Christian Edwards

Christian Edwards

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
I've been having charging issues with the Hudl for about a month now. The micro USB socket had some play in it and so the charging cable had to be placed just so for it to charge.
After about a month the socket came completely loose and fell out (or in, I never found it but I can't hear it rattling about inside).
I ordered online but collected in store so I took it back to my local store. After being bounced around the customer service desks I was told I would have to talk to the Hudl helpline and although they dialed them for me the phones in store didn't work well enough for them to actually hear me!
I gave up a went home, thankfully once home I phoned the Hudl helpdesk myself who were very helpful, they arranged a new one to be shipped to store and told me I could drop the old one off when I go to collect it in 3 days (on Monday). They also mentioned they were aware of some soldering issues with the socket, so I thought I'd let you all know.
Its seems to me a bit of a design flaw the socket has space to move around inside the Hudl but hopefully the new one will be much better fixed in place.

Christian Edwards

Christian Edwards

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
Wot no USB socket!
Image attached.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390167373.459368.jpg   272.09KB   11 downloads

Christian Edwards

Christian Edwards

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

With the Hudl being bust (flat & unchargeable) how to I stop my play account being charged if Tesco repair or refurbish it?

Or my gmail being accessed, I didn't root it or install security apps, I wish I had now....

greyrider

greyrider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Hudl Ainol Fire Archos 101

"Whatever...."

Michealtbh

Michealtbh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

With the Hudl being bust (flat & unchargeable) how to I stop my play account being charged if Tesco repair or refurbish it?
Or my gmail being accessed, I didn't root it or install security apps, I wish I had now....

It will almost certainly be wiped and factory reset during refurbishment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users