Gapps for Cyanogen 11?

Guest lulume

Hello. I always had problems with installing custom roms. I finally managed to install CM 10.2 with gapps and it's working! At least I thought so.. My phone usually shows "no service" and drains mobile data even though I have disabled it. So I thought I will just try CM 11. However I can't seem to get gapps to work. I've installed "1-11_GApps_Standart_4.4.2_signed.zip" which supposedly should work for CM 11, but I after I install and set up the phone I don't get prompted for google account and there's no playstore in app list. I need it, because it will restore all the apps and stuff for me.

TL;DR Need working gapps for CM11.

Unless there's a way to fix "no service" bug in CM 10.2. That would be great.

Any help appreciated:)

Edited by lulume

Hello. I always had problems with installing custom roms. I finally managed to install CM 10.2 with gapps and it's working! At least I thought so.. My phone usually shows "no service" and drains mobile data even though I have disabled it. So I thought I will just try CM 11. However I can't seem to get gapps to work. I've installed "1-11_GApps_Standart_4.4.2_signed.zip" which supposedly should work for CM 11, but I after I install and set up the phone I don't get prompted for google account and there's no playstore in app list. I need it, because it will restore all the apps and stuff for me.

TL;DR Need working gapps for CM11.

Unless there's a way to fix "no service" bug in CM 10.2. That would be great.

Any help appreciated:)

Where do you get this GApps package? Why don't you use GApps that is linked in the CM11 thread first post? (See my signature for easier access)

And why have you started a new thread for this? CM11's thread would have been good for this type of questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of people seem to be starting new threads unnecessarily these days... :-|

No. The problem is that the official gapps( gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip) from their page doesn't work on CM11 for me. Can't add google account, playstore instantly closes, randomly getting "hangouts stopped working".

I have no problems with CM10.1 and CM10.2, for those I just download required gapps version and install it.

One guy on reddit tried to help me with this, but I'm still having the problem
Edited by lulume