The MoDaCo Mod for MOJO, which adds root and increased Play Store app availability to the MadCatz MOJO, is now available!
The mod takes the form of a Superboot image (as used on many devices previously), with additional features to resolve the Play Store lack-of-apps issue caused by the lack of a touchscreen feature XML file.
What is this?
Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!
What are the pre-requisites?
You need a MOJO (duh) and a USB Male A-A cable to carry out this process. And a computer I suppose (Windows, Mac or Linux).
You should note that while rooting may affect your ability to receive future OTAs, reverting back to stock is easy enough. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Superboot MMM³ - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 835de32dd795d2825ade1ed1be422abf
- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Unplug the power cable and any USB cables (the dongle can stay in), insert the USB Male A-A cable in the port labelled '2.0', then insert the power cable. 'Key driver not found.. Booting OS' will appear on screen.
- WINDOWS - install the device drivers from the directory you extracted above if required, then run 'superboot-windows.bat' as Administrator
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by 'sudo ./superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./superboot-linux.sh'
- You will see 'Booting downloaded image' and a black screen, then the screen will return to 'Key driver not found.. Booting OS'. At this point, unplug the USB cable and the power cable, wait a few moments, then reconnect the power cable to boot as normal.
PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit the store for further details!
Click here to view the item