Partitioning to 180mb

Guest StVak

Hello,
I'm trying to partition my blade so it can fit 4.4 on it which requires 180mb. I'm currently using G2 v2a with 160mb system partition and i want to flash G1-G2 v10f. I tried by pressing volume + and also to flash it from CM7 with tpt helper but none of them worked.

What do i have to do so i can flash it?

Thank you.

Guest lucky16

flash cm7. make ur own tpt with tpt helper .power  off ur phone. pull battery than insert it again. than start ur phone holding menu& vol+ key simultaneously .

flash cm7. make ur own tpt with tpt helper .power  off ur phone. pull battery than insert it again. than start ur phone holding menu& vol+ key simultaneously .

Or then he has a Blade like me, it just won't do tpt...

Yes i have installed the CM7 but couldn't flash the tpt. The only files that flashes is the G2 v2a which has two files inside, an nandroid.md5 and the image.bin. Whats the difference with the others?

i fixed it ...

Edited by StVak

Guest HarryPirate

Yes i have installed the CM7 but couldn't flash the tpt. The only files that flashes is the G2 v2a which has two files inside, an nandroid.md5 and the image.bin. Whats the difference with the others?

i fixed it ...

How? If you ask something and meanwhile you found a solution please share it, it's common sense.

Well i did a lot of stuff and i dont know if i'm gonna write the right solution. I think these are the correct steps :

1) I downloaded stock recovery & clockwork from here place them on sd and Stock Gen2, placed G2-G1 v2 stock at /image on sd card and also G1-G2 v10f and 4.4.2 + gmaps

2) Flash stock recovery from clockwork

3) Restart and enter FTM mode by holding -volume and update the firmware to Stock Gen2

4) Restart with +volume so G2-G1 v2 stock to be flashed

5) Entered CWM and placed G1-G2 v10f at /image

6) Restart with +volume so it flashed the 180partition

7) At CWM i flashed again the downloaded clockwork i partitioned the sd card (1gb) and then installed the 4.4.2

I think the whole thing is to downgrade to gen1 from gen2 so i believe if you flash Stock Gen1 you can flash immediately G1-G2 v10f

• 4 months later...
Guest Schwedenbitter

Well i did a lot of stuff and i dont know if i'm gonna write the right solution. I think these are the correct steps :

1) I downloaded stock recovery & clockwork from here place them on sd and Stock Gen2, placed G2-G1 v2 stock at /image on sd card and also G1-G2 v10f and 4.4.2 + gmaps

2) Flash stock recovery from clockwork

3) Restart and enter FTM mode by holding -volume and update the firmware to Stock Gen2

4) Restart with +volume so G2-G1 v2 stock to be flashed

5) Entered CWM and placed G1-G2 v10f at /image

6) Restart with +volume so it flashed the 180partition

7) At CWM i flashed again the downloaded clockwork i partitioned the sd card (1gb) and then installed the 4.4.2

I think the whole thing is to downgrade to gen1 from gen2 so i believe if you flash Stock Gen1 you can flash immediately G1-G2 v10f

Can somebody confirm this procedure?

I also need a 180 MB /system partiton. An I figured out, that the phone itself can't flash a TPT consisting of several (13) files. It only flashes, if you use a single file (image.bin). I just tried it, using the old image.bin for 160 MB /system partition.

Therefore I'm looking for an image.bin, which contains data for 180 MB. Is there anybody out there, who can help me with this?

Thanks, Alex

Guest Schwedenbitter

There you go: http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/82671789/file.html It creates 185 Mb partition.

Thank you very much.

I could already use an image.bin, which made a /system partition of 220 MB. Although /data is much smaller. But it works. I figured out, that the ROM with Android 4.4.2 offered by zeelog, mounts /sd-ext completely by itself an tells me from the very first start, I would have 1 GB on /data. I don't even need to install something like S2E. That's pretty good work.

But anyway I saved this TPT and I'll try it for the next upgrade of Android.

I also figured out, that my problems came from my sd card. It seems to be faulty. I made a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb to it, made new partitions, reformatted everything and the phone works perfekt. If I had known all this before, it had saved me at least 3 days trying to make 4.4.2 work...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...