Virgin UK 2.2 update for CWM

Guest targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

If your SD card is currently swapped, you'll also need this on your sd card (keep it zipped): http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/bladev-swap-sd.zip

1) Download and unrar the firmware 2.2 file to the /clockworkmod/backup folder on your sd card
2) Boot into CWM recovery (hold volume down whilst powering the phone on)
3) Select advanced restore and restore boot from Firmware-22
4) Select advanced restore and restore system from Firmware-22

Optional) If your SD card was swapped before the update then be sure to swap it again by selecting install zip from sdcard and choosing the swap zip file

And you're done.  Select reboot system now.

Guest targetbsp

Thanks Man! The apps not wiped in previous system?

As long as you advance restore only system and boot as indicated (and so don't restore the data), your previous apps and data remain in place and it all works.

Great work, any news on what's new?

Thanks

It has a higher version number! :D  That's all I know.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest GaBBren

Just check the stock ROM topic. I think the Virgin users just got the same firmware as the Czech users because that was the latest firmware until now. So the changelog should be Better camcoder and Optimized android

Just check the stock ROM topic. I think the Virgin users just got the same firmware as the Czech users because that was the latest firmware until now. So the changelog should be Better camcoder and Optimized android

But the Virgin 2.2 its still fresh! I will be using the latest and I am satisfied with it! But the Wifi - Mobile Data change problem after deep sleep not solved!

Guest targetbsp

I've had 4.1 through 4.3 on another phone and you're missing nothing of interest from 4.2 and 4.3.  They were minor revisions - still even called Jellybean.  4.4 Kitkat is a different matter though - it would nice to get that.

I wish I had the time to learn this stuff.  I am a software developer and all around geek but I've never done anything with Android more complicated than compiling the source code unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shiftyc

Hmm, doesn't work for me.  When I try to do the advanced restores, I get "MD5 mismatch!".

NVM, figured it out.  Thanks for this.

Just a quick note for anyone using XBlast Tools XPOSED module, you'll lose any build.prop tweaks after upgrading; so make a note of your settings first then re-apply after.

Edited by shiftyc