Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Technoligy, F1 and Cycling
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@plewis1981
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my data connection, quite often when I am using my phone the internet connection icon next to the signal bars keeps disappearing and I loose connection, it's normally only a minute or so but it is quite annoying as it is quite regular and causes some downloads to fail.

I have tried different ROMs but I have the issue remains.

I am running a UK xt1032 device and couldn't wait for the official 4.4 ROM so I flashed the us global gsm rom, ( downgraded my bootloader to the 4.3 version so I could flash CWM ) but have since reflashed the 4.4 boot loader, but I was wondering if flashing the us ROM could could be affecting my connection as I believe the primary difference between UK and us ROMs is the radio frequency ( I might be wrong ).

So... Is anyone else having this issue, or is this a CM based ROM bug ( as all the roms I have used have been CM based ) or could my phone be faulty, or could it just be down to my network ( giffgaff UK ) as I do make the most of there unlimited data and I'm not sure if they giving me low priority.

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks for any advice/feedback.

Edited by plewis1981, 09 February 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect :)

If I have helped you PLEASE Press the +1 button
and don't forget to push the Dev's +1 buttons to.

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Technoligy, F1 and Cycling
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@plewis1981
Hi all just thought I would post an update, I seem to have found a solution for my problem,

I had to go to network operators and select another network ( my network is giffgaff ) so I selected Vodafone, waited for the no service to kick in, then instead of selecting giffgaff I selected O2 and since then I have had NO drop outs, and its been almost 36 hours :)

Hope this helps.

Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect :)

If I have helped you PLEASE Press the +1 button
and don't forget to push the Dev's +1 buttons to.

manny0123

manny0123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Blade
It happens to me also, I'm on Giffgaff. I tried what you have done but it still happens a few times a day.

Restrictive

Restrictive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Yep Giffgaff here same problem...

Starting to wonder If it is affecting my battery, seem to be getting lackluster battery life compared to some screens of battery on Xda.

gray66

gray66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I'm on GG and easily get 2+ days use from the battery in normal useage... a bit longer if just on standby.

Haven't really noiced mobile data dropping off too much when I use it, but don't use it regularly - usually a BT wifi signal around somewhere :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users