Now that it is a Lenovo phone what will it happen with Android updates?

Guest Ironandroid

Guest Ironandroid

It is on the paper that Lenovo have bought Motorola Mobility Division. One of the main reason for me to buy the MotoG was the direct Google support. In my opinion this phone was the Nexus entry level . If not why buy a phone with locked battery and no external storage ? Furthermore disclosure of financial data revealed that the Motorola takeover from BigG had been failure (bought at 12 sold at 3) this meaning that MotoG and MotoX have been a fiasco

Guest KonstaT
Hopefully it won't have much effect on the lifespan of this device. Remember there's a Moto G Play Store edition which is guaranteed to receive fast software updates for the next 18 months. I actually had an IBM thinkpad as my main computer back in 2005 when IBM sold their personal computers to Lenovo. I don't remember there being any problem with their support afterwards. But lets say I'm not too thrilled about this either. After a few years of struggling with support from Chinese mobile companies, I just purchased a Moto G mainly because it was from a Google company. And now I find myself being back with another Chinese company. :P

As for financials, Motorola's patent portfolio was main reason for Google acquisition. You could spit the purchase price four ways. They've already previously sold Motorola mobility home unit for ~$3b, now mobile devices to Lenovo for another ~$3b, Motorola's net assets are about ~$3b which leaves another ~$3b for the value of the patent portfolio. Unit they sold has been highly unprofitable so it makes sense in that perspective as well.

Guest Ironandroid

Hopefully it won't have much effect on the lifespan of this device. Remember there's a Moto G Play Store edition which is guaranteed to receive fast software updates for the next 18 months. I actually had an IBM thinkpad as my main computer back in 2005 when IBM sold their personal computers to Lenovo. I don't remember there being any problem with their support afterwards. But lets say I'm not too thrilled about this either. After a few years of struggling with support from Chinese mobile companies, I just purchased a Moto G mainly because it was from a Google company. And now I find myself being back with another Chinese company. :P

As for financials, Motorola's patent portfolio was main reason for Google acquisition. You could spit the purchase price four ways. They've already previously sold Motorola mobility home unit for ~$3b, now mobile devices to Lenovo for another ~$3b, Motorola's net assets are about ~$3b which leaves another ~$3b for the value of the patent portfolio. Unit they sold has been highly unprofitable so it makes sense in that perspective as well.

i totally agree with you, I hope that Google will support it in the future. But I am afraid that Nexus is the ony way....

Guest Loren82

Good to see you here, I hope to see soon one of your roms !!! :)

Guest 陰莖:)

Now you will make a CM11 to Lenovo A820 and I very happy!