Ask MoDaCo: The Mad Catz MOJO

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest WodgeFTW

Is there a reliable way to map touch screen controls to the gamepad functions yet?

Maybe something along the lines of creating an overlay lined up with onscreen controls, linked to the hardware buttons?

Fairly limited to what you can do otherwise.

Guest markhuges

We're working on getting something integrated to enable touch screen control mapping, although if you've rooted M.O.J.O. using Paul's mod then something like Tincore Keymapper has you covered.

I have loads of questions:

1) Does GTA Vice city/San Andreas work?

2) Do YOU THink Mojo will be a HIT or Flop?

3) I think the price is Waaaayyy to high!!! £219.. Is alot for a android console. Do you think the price should have been less around £129?

4) Whats the Best alternative: I want a Andriod Console, Cheap, TEGA 4 , 2GB RAM , can play good games and be used as a media playback device. It hard to find, but do you think there is a furture for Android Consoles

I have loads of questions:

1) Does GTA Vice city/San Andreas work?

2) Do YOU THink Mojo will be a HIT or Flop?

3) I think the price is Waaaayyy to high!!! £219.. Is alot for a android console. Do you think the price should have been less around £129?

4) Whats the Best alternative: I want a Andriod Console, Cheap, TEGA 4 , 2GB RAM , can play good games and be used as a media playback device. It hard to find, but do you think there is a furture for Android Consoles

2) Seems like he works for MadCatz, why would he even consider calling it a flop? :p

Personally I think its a cool looking device.

Guest Mad Catz Rich

Once you've rooted, Vice City works just fine.  San Andreas is currently not available rooted or unrooted but Rockstar's developer has it working fine on M.O.J.O. so we're just waiting for them to enable it.

The price is absolutely correct for the level of hardware that you're getting in M.O.J.O..  Remember that if you're comparing with other Android consoles released so far you're not comparing like with like: they're using older chipsets that are less powerful by at least a factor of five.  Even if you compare with an Android phone, as some do, there's still a distortion there in terms of price expectation - sure, I can get a Galaxy S4 for around £100 if I go for a 2 year contract, but if I want to buy one sim-free then you're looking at something more like £420.  Either way you do end up paying for the phone somehow!

Plus you're getting the best Bluetooth game controller available today when you get one.

If you want a powerful Android-based console that the community are already starting to open up to then M.O.J.O. is it and with more great features on the way (such as Gamestream) it's a box that's only going to get even better.  So to answer your final question (and also question 2), we think there is definitely a future for Android consoles, which is why we're here with M.O.J.O..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.