Photo

[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

437 replies to this topic

Meglestus

Meglestus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:ascend g300 CM 11

Hello guys, as I yesterday switched from kk to gb, I have encountered some problems, when I try to install some apps, I get a message saying: Passage mistake.

And then I just can't install the app. 

Edit:

It is probably because of it being android 4.0+ apps.

But I really want to install xposed and swiftkey, anyone got a workaround for that?

Edited by Meglestus, 08 June 2014 - 08:44 AM.

PHONES I have had:

Spoiler

ROM's I have used:
Spoiler

Currently using:-

http://www.modaco.co...uilds-available

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Girls :3
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Hello guys, as I yesterday switched from kk to gb, I have encountered some problems, when I try to install some apps, I get a message saying: Passage mistake.

And then I just can't install the app. 

Edit:

It is probably because of it being android 4.0+ apps.

But I really want to install xposed and swiftkey, anyone got a workaround for that?

No there is no workaround. You can't install ics/jb/kk apps on gb. There's no way around it.

:excl:LRS :excl:

Meglestus

Meglestus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

No there is no workaround. You can't install ics/jb/kk apps on gb. There's no way around it.

Well, now I have an even bigger problem, when I try to download something from the internet (no matter what) it just stops and says it could not be downloaded.

Is this just an installation mistake or is there more to it?

EDIT: I fixed it :P (I just wiped all data on the browser and download manager)

Edited by Meglestus, 08 June 2014 - 01:14 PM.

PHONES I have had:

Spoiler

ROM's I have used:
Spoiler

Salamin1

Salamin1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

He should be able to install swiftkey though, but I don't know about xposed

chelu

chelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
There is a backported version of Xposed for gb on xda, but not many modules...

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

tiagolns

tiagolns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello all,

I have a problem.

I recently bought a 16gb SD card, and put in in the phone, but since Saturday I guess there must be something wrong with it (or is ir broken?)

Some photos dissapeard from gallery,  and the gallery has 2 folders for camera: 1 in portuguese (as it was before) and a second (in english) with photos after saturday...

Another issue is that now, when I even try to open  the Whatsapp photos received (that are still in the coversation), they get blurry and then it says: "the file is not in the memory card"

I believe this ROM uses the SD card as main memory, so I wonder if I need to format / flash something so this won't happen anymore.

Many  thanks!

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

I believe this ROM uses the SD card as main memory

Why do you think that?

I don't think that this is correct.

Meglestus

Meglestus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Hello all,

I have a problem.

I recently bought a 16gb SD card, and put in in the phone, but since Saturday I guess there must be something wrong with it (or is ir broken?)

Some photos dissapeard from gallery,  and the gallery has 2 folders for camera: 1 in portuguese (as it was before) and a second (in english) with photos after saturday...

Another issue is that now, when I even try to open  the Whatsapp photos received (that are still in the coversation), they get blurry and then it says: "the file is not in the memory card"

I believe this ROM uses the SD card as main memory, so I wonder if I need to format / flash something so this won't happen anymore.

Many  thanks!

I am having the same problems, I can´t even see many files on my 32GB (Class 10 sandisk) microsd.

Also I can´t download fotos from whatsapp whithout rebooting first, this is also for downloading any other file.

I have tried to fix these prolems by wiping the phone multiple times but it didn´t work.

Going back to cm11 because it works better on my device.

PHONES I have had:

Spoiler

ROM's I have used:
Spoiler

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

I am having the same problems, I can´t even see many files on my 32GB (Class 10 sandisk) microsd.
Also I can´t download fotos from whatsapp whithout rebooting first, this is also for downloading any other file.
I have tried to fix these prolems by wiping the phone multiple times but it didn´t work.
Going back to cm11 because it works better on my device.

32GB SD Cards have always been a problem with this phone. Especially gingerbread.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
I had problems with a 32gb SanDisk class 10 in my g300, it would regularly dismount. Swapped it for a same spec Samsung and had no more problems. Several other people have reported problems with SanDisk cards, there's an old thread somewhere.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Google "modaco g300 sandisk 32gb" to find some info about these issues.

Meglestus

Meglestus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Google "modaco g300 sandisk 32gb" to find some info about these issues.

Thanks man!

PHONES I have had:

Spoiler

ROM's I have used:
Spoiler

guda

guda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

at first received the MMS automatically, now I have to manually turn 3G ... any ideas?

Tippon

Tippon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega; San Francisco

I'm 15 and i'm going through a lot of important stuff right now like work experience and worrying about my exams.

Is it ok to hate you just a little for being less than half my age and being intelligent enough to build ROMs while going through exams etc.? :P :P :P

I installed this ROM on my old G300 and gave it to my father this week, and it's fantastic. It's doing everything he needs a phone for, and is much faster than the stock ROM. Only problem I'm having is using widgets. Are they available? On every other ROM I've used, you find them by going into the app drawer and then going to widgets, but there's no sign of them here. Am I missing something?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Is it ok to hate you just a little for being less than half my age and being intelligent enough to build ROMs while going through exams etc.? :P :P :P

I installed this ROM on my old G300 and gave it to my father this week, and it's fantastic. It's doing everything he needs a phone for, and is much faster than the stock ROM. Only problem I'm having is using widgets. Are they available? On every other ROM I've used, you find them by going into the app drawer and then going to widgets, but there's no sign of them here. Am I missing something?

Glad the ROM is working well, anyway the stock launcher I included doesn't support widgets so you must download a 3rd party one. I'd really recommend Launcher Pro:

https://play.google....m.fede.launcher

I couldn't include Launcher Pro in the ROM from first boot so I settled for the standard AOSP GB launcher.

TiMi79

TiMi79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Glad the ROM is working well, anyway the stock launcher I included doesn't support widgets so you must download a 3rd party one. I'd really recommend Launcher Pro:

I couldn't include Launcher Pro in the ROM from first boot so I settled for the standard AOSP GB launcher.

I have this rom nearly a one month, and it's perfect! No slowdowns after a while, like in any other ics and above rom. I'm even installing apps in the internal sd, thanks for THIS tutorial, and i've bought holo launcher for him :)

Thanks Kyan again for this great rom!

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

I have this rom nearly a one month, and it's perfect! No slowdowns after a while, like in any other ics and above rom. I'm even installing apps in the internal sd, thanks for THIS tutorial, and i've bought holo launcher for him :)

Thanks Kyan again for this great rom!

No problem, glad you're enjoying my work :)

Tippon

Tippon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega; San Francisco

That's great thanks, I'll get it installed and keep my father happy :)

kodiak194

kodiak194

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

HI guys,

My phone is stuck on bootloader and won't boot up.. I am affraid i bricked it... 

I don't have CWM but only Andriod system recovery 3e and i can't install anything with it..

is there any way to instal CWM 5 via bootloader or some installer from PC because i cant install anything?

I think my only chance to save the phone would be to install this exectly the same CWM by some other method and flash this gbxtreme rom afterwards.

If anybody can help me, please, this is my only chance

Baseband is 109808

Sorry for my bad english..

Edited by kodiak194, 25 June 2014 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users