What to do with an old G300?

Guest Feahnor

Guest Feahnor

I have here my old G300 that I don't use anymore (I use a nexus 4 and an iPhone 4 as backup). I started thinking I could use the g300 for something, but I really don't know what is possible to do with it. Is is possible to use it as web server (php/mysql)?. Can i install jdownloader in it to use it as a download server?.

I suppose there's no way to install a normal linux in it, ala raspberry pi.

Thanks.

Id suggest to do the right thing, if ure xinyh go on testing 4.2 4.3 4.4 androids.

IF U DO IT IM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF HARM ON YOUR PHONE OR ITS DEATH...... :P

Guest Alkapton

You can install linux... but it is too slow to be of use. You could if you have all you can eat data use it to get bittorrent. Guess you could have ftp server, but why? You could donate it to me cause I have need of something android with gps for a saftey use. 3 people are going to sail accross the Bay of Biscay to Greece, the youngest is over 70, the 'skipper' is over 90 - they are all going to die, so a real time gps tracker is needed - the g300 is adequate for the purpose.

3 people are going to sail accross the Bay of Biscay to Greece, the youngest is over 70, the 'skipper' is over 90 - they are all going to die, so a real time gps tracker is needed - the g300 is adequate for the purpose.

:D

• 2 weeks later...