targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V

Nice. :D

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Now what I'm hoping, is that it's going wrong due to where it's being run (from the post boot script) and it'll all magically work with your init.d supporting kernel.  No pressure! :P

Pressure's now back on you ;)

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Ha ha, yep. :D  I shall give it a try later this evening. Watching The Hobbit atm!

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Well it definitely behaves differently called from the kernel rather than post boot.  The script that used to do nothing now prevents the phone from booting!  I'll try the other scripts and see if they work differently - in a way that works preferably

CM7 Blade changelog

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I believe the init.d scripts are now being executed before /data is even mounted.  In which case, that INT_DATA= line isn't going to get evaluated correctly.  Maybe go back to hard-coding it?

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

But that script is meant to be universal and called from init.d?  Is our data doing something weird then?

CM7 Blade changelog

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

This seems to be the line mounting /data at boot:

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /data nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc

and that doesn't occur until after my hook to init.d.  All I'm suggesting is that because the generic script doesn't seem to be working, why not replace the variables with hard-coded values that we know to be correct for the Blade V?  Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

You could try hard-coding:

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/by-num/p13

as the value for INT_DATA.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

I shall give it a go! Thanks.

CM7 Blade changelog

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

This seems to be the line mounting /data at boot:

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /data nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc

and that doesn't occur until after my hook to init.d.  All I'm suggesting is that because the generic script doesn't seem to be working, why not replace the variables with hard-coded values that we know to be correct for the Blade V?  Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Did you put the start service under post-fs-data? Just because something is before or after in the .rc file, it doesn't mean that it would necessarily happen in that order. All init files are parsed together when device is booted and segments of each included files go in this order:
early-init
init
early-fs
emmc-fs
fs
post-fs
post-fs-data
early-boot
boot

Init.d hook most definitely needs to be somewhere after /data is mounted (and it likely already is).

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Come to think of it, the init.d test program outputs to /data so it must already be mounted?

So I'm officially at a loss with those scripts now then.

CM7 Blade changelog

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Did you put the start service under post-fs-data? Just because something is before or after in the .rc file, it doesn't mean that it would necessarily happen in that order. All init files are parsed together when device is booted and segments of each included files go in this order:
early-init
init
early-fs
emmc-fs
fs
post-fs
post-fs-data
early-boot
boot

Init.d hook most definitely needs to be somewhere after /data is mounted (and it likely already is).

OK, thanks.  Yes, service start under post-fs-data and execution of scripts under boot.  I assumed init.target.rc would be executed after init.rc but now I understand.

Come to think of it, the init.d test program outputs to /data so it must already be mounted?

So I'm officially at a loss with those scripts now then.

D'oh, of course, good point.  Did you try hard-coding the mount point anyway?

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

No luck.  It still just hangs after the boot animation.

CM7 Blade changelog

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Anything useful in the log?  Does /sd-ext/$VER.log exist?  Anything in logcat?

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

I've given up at this point. :D

If I ever try again I'll use ADB to grab the logs I spose.

CM7 Blade changelog

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

There's a new (premium) version of Link2SD that can move app data to ext partitions.  This works with the Blade V.  Storage problems solved. :)

https://play.google....uak.link2sdplus

requires you to also have: https://play.google....om.buak.Link2SD

as it's just an unlocker for it.

Move all your programs using the built in apps2sd functionality as that moves the libs which Link2SD can't handle properly (they move back on a reboot)

Then have Link2SD create links to ext partition for any large dex and data files (which apps2sd won't move)

Edited by targetbsp, 05 July 2014 - 04:08 PM.

CM7 Blade changelog

seanspotatobusiness

seanspotatobusiness

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Just to confirm my interpretation of what everyone said: there is no way to overclock the Blade V currently, right?

gkalen

gkalen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Just to confirm my interpretation of what everyone said: there is no way to overclock the Blade V currently, right?

No , until someone compile a kernel ...
Though i'm satisfied with phone's speed , i also want an o/c kernel to push phone to its limit .
Anyway i can live without it .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users