which rom?

Guest gregorv

Guest gregorv

Hello

Which rom do you recommend? Which rom is the best? There are so many roms available for this phone, I can't decide which rom to choose?

Thank you

Kind regards

Guest gregorv

Thank you for your answer.

Are you talking about this rom:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B002022014%E2%9C%B0/

Why did you suggest this rom?

I'm searching for fast rom, I don't play games, I use it only for facebook, calls, sms, internet browsing....

One more question: at the moment I have on g300: CM version 9, 2012 12 01- experimental u8815-R5, Android version 4.0.4

Can I upgrade to Gbxtreme or any other rom?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest Salamin1

Thank you for your answer.

Are you talking about this rom:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B002022014%E2%9C%B0/

Why did you suggest this rom?

I'm searching for fast rom, I don't play games, I use it only for facebook, calls, sms, internet browsing....

One more question: at the moment I have on g300: CM version 9, 2012 12 01- experimental u8815-R5, Android version 4.0.4

Can I upgrade to Gbxtreme or any other rom?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Yeah that one. It's based on gingerbread, so it's the fastest one out there. The only problem is that, as it is an old Android version, some apps are not compatible.

In order to flash that rom you need to downgrade to gb baseband!

Guest gregorv

Hmm, I want that all apps are compatiable and android version is the latest possible, of course rom must be stable, responsive.

Can you suggest me any other rom?

What do you think about CM 11.0 or 10.2?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Well if you want stable and responsive then I also think you should stick with GB.

Stable/responsive and latest Android/most apps are conflicting goals with the G300 in my experience.

Last GB ROM that I used was CM7 but I no longer use G300 so haven't tried GBXTREME which is getting a lot of positive comment.

You should read some of the threads about some of the more popular and active ROMs to get a better feel for them and if they meet your specific needs.

Any "which ROM is best" thread is never going to reach a consensus/conclusion.

We've had lots of them and everybody has their own usage patterns, priorities and favourite ROMs.

Guest gregorv

Interesting, are you saying that only GB rom are stable and responsive?

Till now I had ICS 4.0.4 (CM 9) and everything was working fine, no freezing, rebooting...

OK, the phone is not super fast but for normal work is very good.

I think I will now try JB roms, I don't want go back on old GB.

Do you maybe know any good JB rom?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Try them all, that's what I did  :)

Flash a ROM, use it for a week, see what you think of it. Repeat until you run out of ROMs.

My personal favourite is CM11, no crashes, no reboots.

GB is the way to go if you want proper functionality. Only gingerbread has over 200mb free ram even after lots of installed applications. It's true that the GB has less app compatibility, but these incompatibilities are in apps the G300 probably couldn't handle anyway. So far I have only encountered one app that the g300 would handle well and is not a game, Google Keep, and there are many alternatives to this app.

If you want the latest version of Android, I would buy a better phone. The G300 doesn't perform well on anything over gingerbread as it's a very basic device. Now I have the Galaxy S4 which runs the latest android with ease.

GB is the way to go if you want proper functionality. Only gingerbread has over 200mb free ram even after lots of installed applications. It's true that the GB has less app compatibility, but these incompatibilities are in apps the G300 probably couldn't handle anyway. So far I have only encountered one app that the g300 would handle well and is not a game, Google Keep, and there are many alternatives to this app.

If you want the latest version of Android, I would buy a better phone. The G300 doesn't perform well on anything over gingerbread as it's a very basic device. Now I have the Galaxy S4 which runs the latest android with ease.

+1

Guest gregorv

Decision will be very difficult.

GB or JB, this is now the question ;)

Now I have ICS.

I will maybe first try JB - CM 11, is this the best JB rom or are any other good alternatives?

Do I have to do something special if I want to upgrade from CM9 to CM11 (install new cwmr.... ?? )

If I later decide for GB, is it difficult to downgrade from JB to GB?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Decision will be very difficult.

GB or JB, this is now the question ;)

Now I have ICS.

I will maybe first try JB - CM 11, is this the best JB rom or are any other good alternatives?

Do I have to do something special if I want to upgrade from CM9 to CM11 (install new cwmr.... ?? )

If I later decide for GB, is it difficult to downgrade from JB to GB?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

CM11 is kitkat not Jellybean. The CM builds by Dazzozo are updated daily so are as stable as 4.0-4.4 is going to get on our device. You will have to downgrade your baseband to flash GB roms without issues.

109808 baseband - gingerbread

2030 - anything over

And if you have Hynix eMMC then you might want to think carefully about which ROM you install...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/

Downgrading your baseband is simple with this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

Another slight advantage of GB is that you can downgrade to the GB bootloader and avoid having to officially unlock the ICS bootloader in order to avoid instability (e.g. 3G reboots etc.).

Guest gregorv

Thank you for your kind answers.

I have 2030 baseband, but I have to check for memory.

Sorry, I did not saw that CM11 is KK. Then I will try KK :)

I now have CM 9, 4.0.4 on phone, can I just use CWMR which is on the phone and install CM11 or do I have to install new CWMR......?

Are there any install guides on this forum, that I can follow.

I'm not an expert for android roms... :(

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest gregorv

Thank you, yes, I know this thread.

I will check memory before I will install new rom.

OK, we are talking about this rom:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/

Can you please tell me what this mean:

"You must use a recovery updated for 4.3+ to use this ROM. A CWM build is linked below."

I don't understand this, do I have to first install 4.3 rom, is it not possible to upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.4 directly.

Where can I find more detailed install instructions?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest gregorv

I just checked and I have on phone cwmr 6.0.1.2

Is it ok if I follow instructions from this link

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/

and use this gapps

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367187-gapps-for-cm11-last-updated-2014-01-17/

Or do you maybe know where can I find better install instructions?

Thank you for your help :)

Guest gregorv

Thank you, but bootloader is already unlocked, I unlocked it before installing 4.0.4 - CM9

I followed complete procedure from  http://huaweig300.com

Is this not ok? Do I have to unlock it again?

Which method do I now use, from 2nd link = with DC unlocker? or from first link?

Please be patient with me, my android custom rom knowledge is very limited :(

Thank you.

Kind regards

The bootloader unlock method from huaweig300.com is causing 3G reboots. To avoid them you have to relock your bootloader (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128104), then unlock it using the unlock code from Huawei (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128112). Read the first post before you do anything.

Try getting the unlock code with DC Unlocker (dalyer's second link), if that fails, read the first post in the unlock thread for the e-mail. Make sure you put URGENT in the subject. I got it the second day.

After unlocking the bootloader, flash CWM (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128120) or TWRP ().

After all that you're good to flash ROMs :)

Good luck and don't worry, we were all newbies at first  :P

Thank you, but bootloader is already unlocked, I unlocked it before installing 4.0.4 - CM9

I followed complete procedure from  http://huaweig300.com

Is this not ok? Do I have to unlock it again?

Which method do I now use, from 2nd link = with DC unlocker? or from first link?

Please be patient with me, my android custom rom knowledge is very limited :(

Thank you.

Kind regards

As mentioned above - the HuaweiG300.com tutorial uses a hacked unlocked ICS bootloader and this can cause 3G reboots and maybe other instability. At the time that this tutorial was written there was no other way to do this but since then it is possible to unlock officially as per the other tutorial that I listed. (This is a slight problem here - some of the information is old and not up to date with later developments making certain procedures easier and safer) I would try the DC Unlocker approach first as it does not require the code from Huawei. But if it does not work (it doesn't work for everybody for some reason) then you need to get the code from Huawei (which can take some persistence!) to unlock officially. In both cases (DC Unlocker or tutorial) you need to revert to stock ICS B952 to unlock the bootloader. DON'T try this with a GB ROM installed or you will brick your device and it may be hassle to recover it. Read the unlocking tutorial carefully before doing anything. When making any changes or installing anything on your device make sure that you understand what you're doing first and don't do anything speculatively as there is always a chance of bricking or messing up.

Another reason I stuck with GB ROMs was because it meant that I could revert to the GB bootloader which is inherently unlocked and not bother with the slight hassle of reverting to stock ICS, getting the unlock code (although I did anyway), unlocking the bootloader officially etc. And as I said I found GB ROMs to be more stable and responsive than others anyway.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest gregorv

This is getting complicated :unsure: :)

What do I now do frist:

1 relock

2 revert back to ICS B952

3 unlock

or is this not correct?

How do I revert to B952?

Thank you

Kind regards