A nice rom for Our g300

Guest laurisss

Guest laurisss

Hi everybody, this is my first post here and I would like to ask you - what rom do you use?

I just want to try myself some roms and choose one for me, not asking like all the other dumb people '' Whats the best rom ? " just what rom do you like to use ?

At the time I am using gingerbread , because I like to play games . Thank you and waiting for your answers. :)

Guest laurisss

Thanks for your sugestions, I will try them, but I don't have good memorys of jellybean/kitkat as I like to play games like subway surfers and kitkat bricked my phone into a blue screen after restart to refresh everything. Maybe I will look at it but I tried a lot of jb roms and the ram.... It just makes me throw my phone into the wall, go to the store and buy an s5 sometimes. Havent tried your rom but going to test. THANKS !

Guest laurisss
  • The devs  should make some gingerbread roms too, as they are very good for g300 and like atomicmod, its just like ics ,but a lot of ram. And what I see is just jelly bean and kitkat being developed, with terrible ram usage.. (not saying that devs are making the roms bad, its just the jb and kitkat) The further it goes the more sluggish it will become. Seriously without lies , CAN YOU PLAY GAMES WITHOUT LAG ON Jb or kk? Even hill climb racing - its lags a bit.
  • So please, try to make some gb roms cuz our phone will die soon. :(

Guest dalyer

• The devs  should make some gingerbread roms too
  • So please, try to make some gb roms cuz our phone will die soon. :(

Well this one was done only recently!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B002022014%E2%9C%B0/

and there are a number of other good GB ROMs already in existence:

Slim/Superslim

AtomicMod

CM7

Guest laurisss

umm how to reply to a comment ? :blink:

Yeah I tried gbxtreme and all the other, superslim is nice and atomic which I flashed some time ago.

But do you see how many jb/kk roms and how many gb roms are out there? I don't know why the devs don't make more gingerbread roms  :unsure:

I don't realy like to sacrifice performance over nice ui. Like atomic mod, you can make it look like kitkat easly  with some modifications.

So that's my point , thanks for everybody reading this and I hope devs will remember gb.

Guest smweb

umm how to reply to a comment ? :blink:

Yeah I tried gbxtreme and all the other, superslim is nice and atomic which I flashed some time ago.

But do you see how many jb/kk roms and how many gb roms are out there? I don't know why the devs don't make more gingerbread roms  :unsure:

I don't realy like to sacrifice performance over nice ui. Like atomic mod, you can make it look like kitkat easly  with some modifications.

So that's my point , thanks for everybody reading this and I hope devs will remember gb.

On 6 December 2010, the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) SDK was released. After that a lot of Android versions were released. So, it's logical that devs and common people go for newer versions of Android. But yes, personally, I do agree a few more GB ROMs for G300 won't hurt :)

Android 2.3–2.3.2 Gingerbread (API level 9)
Android 2.3.3–2.3.7 Gingerbread (API level 10)[edit]
Android 2.3.3–2.3.7 Gingerbread (API level 10)
Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API level 11)[edit]
Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API level 11)
Android 3.1 Honeycomb (API level 12)[edit]
Android 3.1 Honeycomb (API level 12)
Android 3.2 Honeycomb (API level 13)[edit]
Android 3.2 Honeycomb (API level 13)
Android 4.0–4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich (API level 14)[edit]
Android 4.0–4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich (API level 14)
Android 4.0.3–4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (API level 15)[edit]
Android 4.0.3–4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (API level 15)
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (API level 16)[edit]
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (API level 16)
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (API level 17)[edit]
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (API level 17)
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (API level 18)[edit]
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (API level 18)
Android 4.4 KitKat (API level 19)[edit]
Android 4.4 KitKat (API level 19)

Guest dalyer

I don't know why the devs don't make more gingerbread roms  :unsure:

"The devs" are just individuals who decide what they want to do.

If you want more GB ROMs then why not learn how to make one and do it yourself?!?

Guest laurisss

Well maybe I will. But what the devs will do when the android releases android 4.5 or something and our phone will get completely destroyed. Well then maybe g300 will be dead. Just saying, gb roms are best at performance and if you don't like the (crappy) looks of gb you can do like tilaz did with Atomicmod wich is a beast rom. It looks like you run ics just with 250 free ram.

I don't say that devs are slackers, and you are right - they choose what rom they will make.

Edited by laurisss

Guest smweb

Well maybe I will. But what the devs will do when the android releases android 4.5 or something and our phone will get completely destroyed. Well then maybe g300 will be dead. Just saying, gb roms are best at performance and if you don't like the (crappy) looks of gb you can do like tilaz did with Atomicmod wich is a beast rom. It looks like you run ics just with 250 free ram.

I don't say that devs are slackers, and you are right - they choose what rom they will make.

G300 is dead - not sure there's a place for a Single core, 512 MB RAM, 2.5 GB user available internal phone. You can't even use the phone as a decent media player. 

Guest laurisss

I think it's still alive. With Gingerbread. It's alive. It's a great cheap phone really.. or it was, but it's not dead yet, look at the development forum , they a few roms - kitkat wich is again terrible and destroys the G300 of its free ram.

Guest kyan31

I think it's still alive. With Gingerbread. It's alive. It's a great cheap phone really.. or it was, but it's not dead yet, look at the development forum , they a few roms - kitkat wich is again terrible and destroys the G300 of its free ram.

Nah its dead mate. It's more of a burden rather than an enjoyable device.

Guest razor74

Davidosky99 - even if you prey to gods those roms will never be "fast, fluid and no lag anywhere". To be realistic, any rom upper than ICS never will fit well in 512 RAM and single core CPU. You can try and dream but you will obtain only nerves  and in the best case a "placebo" feeling that anything work  like  a charm on this phone...

Guest smweb

Davidosky99 - even if you prey to gods those roms will never be "fast, fluid and no lag anywhere". To be realistic, any rom upper than ICS never will fit well in 512 RAM and single core CPU. You can try and dream but you will obtain only nerves  and in the best case a "placebo" feeling that anything work  like  a charm on this phone...

Most of the ROMs are indeed fast initially, but once you start installing apps and games, they start to lag as hell. If you can't install apps, then the whole point of having a smart-phone is lost. 

Guest razor74

It is not the case for a new and powerfull phone - event those wit only dual cores. In the case of G300 is like you tell Schwarzenegger now at 66 years old to rise 200+ kilos...

Guest laurisss

Making Kitkat/JellyBean on this phone is useless. Gb only, Why we are making these roms ? kk or jb whatever it destroys our phone and it realy can't be enyoyable s3 in my country is supercheap , but I am on a contract 1 more ****** year and can't switch. saaad..

I'm happy with the CM11. It is not stable and not the fastest, but the limit is not the ROM but the phone itself.

I can't imagine I switch back to GB on any phone.

It is like switching back form windows 8.1 to XP. I would never switch back. Maybe to Windows 7 (ICS) but I doubt it.

Guest laurisss

CM11 ? Kitkat yeah? Do you like using it ? And I think you don't play games on the phone so you won't care but can you play subway surfers normally ? smoothly? Download it and even look at the loading times between gb/kk and there will be a 60% difference in performance, so everyone is different - I play games, that's why the kk or jb is terrible.

CM11 ? Kitkat yeah? Do you like using it ? And I think you don't play games on the phone so you won't care but can you play subway surfers normally ? smoothly? Download it and even look at the loading times between gb/kk and there will be a 60% difference in performance, so everyone is different - I play games, that's why the kk or jb is terrible.

You are right, I use it for phone, browse the internet, off-road navigation, play music while commuting, email, task management, calendar, messenger, etc.

I play only casual games like 7x7, Hill Climb Racing, Glass, Strata, Smash Hit, etc.

These games runs fine.

I know that this ROM is not the best for gaming, but gaming is only a small part of my smartphone usage.

Guest laurisss

Ummm "This rom is not the best for gaming" ?

1.It's not the rom, if you base it on jb or kk its the same (well tweaks help)

2.Jb or kk (I don't know, but I think kk performs better) have the most terrible performance in gaming.

But yeah it's great for normal use, and I have one question, why you don't want to downgrade to gingerbread ? Old apps ? UI? Or something else ? thanks

Ummm "This rom is not the best for gaming" ?

1.It's not the rom, if you base it on jb or kk its the same (well tweaks help)

2.Jb or kk (I don't know, but I think kk performs better) have the most terrible performance in gaming.

But yeah it's great for normal use, and I have one question, why you don't want to downgrade to gingerbread ? Old apps ? UI? Or something else ? thanks

Mostly UI, features (not just the system, there are apps that has different/older version for GB).

And I would miss the feeling to use the latest version of Android (I it maybe not the best excuse, but I like it). I'm already thought that I downgrade to ICS, but I dismiss the idea. GB is not an option for me.

When I have bought this phone, one of my criteria was that the phone must be upgradable to ICS. I don't like GB.

Edited by rhen

Guest razor74

I think if you want to obtain the best blend between performance and features, then 4.22 JB it is the best for some aditional tweakings.  And maybe... maybe 4.31 Jb will be better than KK on this phone, because already perform better and is the single rom with best camera quality ( much lower noise than cameras in all other roms).

BTW - i tested few months ago Slimbean 4.22 and i think it was the best in matter of battery life and smoothness...

Edited by razor74

Guest laurisss

rhen - Do you know atomicmod ? its by tilaz and its gb, but looks NOTHING like gb , check it out - you can transform gb to kitkat easily, just need those tools.

razor74 - what about games for exmpl subway surfers ? Smooth right ? lol , can you test it out plz ? Thanks

Guest laurisss

rhen - what is that feeling of latest android ? It's just the looks of statusbar and launcher , icons and animations in jb.

WHERES MY QUITES ?!

Edited by laurisss

Guest IceTapanho

Sorry for the invasion but I think you're trying to influence everyone to use GB just because it has the best performance in games.

The rom I found more stable was Slimbean 4.2.2 but I'm using CM11 at the moment. I'm thinking of downgrade to the latest Rom with kernel 3.0.8 because 3.4 has some limitations to squeeze everything this smartphone has to offer. If I'm not mistaken, CM10.2 (nightly 2013/10/19) is the latest ROM with this kernel.

I'll do a clean installation of tomorrow's CM11 nightly to give it a last chance cause it has great functionality and potential and if I'm not satisfied I'll downgrade to that 10.2 until CM11 become weekly or monthly builds.

PS: I don't game at all in this phone because it has low specs and it has a great impact on battery. Just use it for the pure and main purpose of a smartphone, help in my daily life (Calls, SMS, GPS, Emails, Finances, Shopping,...)

Edited by IceTapanho