33 replies to this topic

rhen

rhen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Devices:Pulse, G300

Ummm "This rom is not the best for gaming" ?

1.It's not the rom, if you base it on jb or kk its the same (well tweaks help)

2.Jb or kk (I don't know, but I think kk performs better) have the most terrible performance in gaming.

But yeah it's great for normal use, and I have one question, why you don't want to downgrade to gingerbread ? Old apps ? UI? Or something else ? thanks

Mostly UI, features (not just the system, there are apps that has different/older version for GB).

And I would miss the feeling to use the latest version of Android (I it maybe not the best excuse, but I like it). I'm already thought that I downgrade to ICS, but I dismiss the idea. GB is not an option for me.

When I have bought this phone, one of my criteria was that the phone must be upgradable to ICS. I don't like GB.

Edited by rhen, 14 March 2014 - 04:27 PM.

GApps package for CM11: [link] (last updated 2014-10-19)
For non device specific issues, use CM bug tracker: [link]

razor74

razor74

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:ascend G300, ascend y300

I think if you want to obtain the best blend between performance and features, then 4.22 JB it is the best for some aditional tweakings.  And maybe... maybe 4.31 Jb will be better than KK on this phone, because already perform better and is the single rom with best camera quality ( much lower noise than cameras in all other roms).

BTW - i tested few months ago Slimbean 4.22 and i think it was the best in matter of battery life and smoothness...

Edited by razor74, 14 March 2014 - 06:41 PM.

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Girls :3
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

rhen - Do you know atomicmod ? its by tilaz and its gb, but looks NOTHING like gb , check it out - you can transform gb to kitkat easily, just need those tools.

razor74 - what about games for exmpl subway surfers ? Smooth right ? lol , can you test it out plz ? Thanks

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition | GPU: AMD R9 270 | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COLLER: Zalman CNPS5X

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

rhen - what is that feeling of latest android ? It's just the looks of statusbar and launcher , icons and animations in jb.

WHERES MY QUITES ?!

Edited by laurisss, 14 March 2014 - 07:05 PM.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition | GPU: AMD R9 270 | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COLLER: Zalman CNPS5X

IceTapanho

IceTapanho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Sorry for the invasion but I think you're trying to influence everyone to use GB just because it has the best performance in games.

The rom I found more stable was Slimbean 4.2.2 but I'm using CM11 at the moment. I'm thinking of downgrade to the latest Rom with kernel 3.0.8 because 3.4 has some limitations to squeeze everything this smartphone has to offer. If I'm not mistaken, CM10.2 (nightly 2013/10/19) is the latest ROM with this kernel.

I'll do a clean installation of tomorrow's CM11 nightly to give it a last chance cause it has great functionality and potential and if I'm not satisfied I'll downgrade to that 10.2 until CM11 become weekly or monthly builds.

PS: I don't game at all in this phone because it has low specs and it has a great impact on battery. Just use it for the pure and main purpose of a smartphone, help in my daily life (Calls, SMS, GPS, Emails, Finances, Shopping,...)

Edited by IceTapanho, 14 March 2014 - 10:18 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
If you like GB then use it, if you want more GB roms then make one yourself. This thread is dumb.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

This thread is dumb.

I agree.

It's as bad as those "what's the best ROM" threads in spite of claiming not to be in the first post!

Edited by dalyer, 14 March 2014 - 11:04 PM.

MetalDroid

MetalDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:G300
Prefer kitkat, specifically CM11.
Why? managing RAM is good (in GB and ICS always had trouble), I can control the privacy of my applications, the performance of the camera is perfect, etc..
Why use a theme of kitkat if I can use the kitkat own? I use the PS3 for gaming, and mobile use it for other things.

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Ok I am different and I like to play games, and MetalDroid GB AND ICS has trouble with ram management ? Don't make me laugh, and WHAT!? KITKAT OR JB has better Ram management ? If you have 150 ram free with apps installed like youtube, gmail, Skype, facebook, and when you have 250 ram free with gb with way more apps installed and you call that better ram management ? It's just me or it isn't like that? Or you mean when it need ram it frees up some ? And gb doesn't do that good? Please explain me what is "better ram management" . Thank you. And this isn't "whats the best rom thread"...Isn't there people that like to play some games on modaco ? Thinking of trying kitkat or jb,  I see that you like these roms , so wich jb or kk rom has good ram ? And is not laggy.

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hey guys, can I flash kitkat  over gb? Last time I flashed it (don't remember over what) It worked good but when I rebooted it gave me blue screen , and I had to reinstall everything with dload folder.

And my baseband is the other , not 2030 do I have to change  it?

Edited by laurisss, 15 March 2014 - 12:44 PM.

Razor3000

Razor3000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
ROM management in ics and newer is completely different from oldest versions. 4+ only frees RAM when needed, when the apps are kept in RAM they have faster startups

15735.png

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:@0xJoao

If you want GB ROM's (either because of gaming our nostalgic reasons), you're going to have to use cooked ones. No-one is going to go through the trouble of getting everything to work on a android version that's more than 3 years old, with no real perspective of usefulness (aside from learning). Also, getting the msm7x27a to run on GB is a huge pain (building it, that is).

That being said, I don't game on my phone so I'm using KitKat. I agree that it's not the fastest or the most stable, but I like using the latest and greatest so that's what I'm using right now. If you want something with more stability but also innovation, go for CM10.2, which has the new kernel (all this is moot if you have a hynix chip), and a bit lighter. If you want stability over anything else, go for stock-based ROM's or CM9.

Someone should really try to build a 3.4 kernel with OC just for the G300 (I might try it when I find the time), but if you want a smooth experience you should either stay on stock, or buy a faster phone.

If I helped you, hit the green rep button. :)

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

What is msm? Installed cm 11 now and going through settings, gplay , I get lag, Just TERRIBLE, i cant even use it for normal day use (browsing,sms,etc) Without lag,is this just for me or what ? no pufking smoothnes.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

What is msm? Installed cm 11 now and going through settings, gplay , I get lag, Just TERRIBLE, i cant even use it for normal day use (browsing,sms,etc) Without lag,is this just for me or what ? no pufking smoothnes.

Can you please just stop, seriously. I mean I agree with you that GB is the better option for the G300 'overall' but you're just going over the line. You don't need to make a whole new thread and go ape s*** over this matter, why can't you just use GB yourself and be happy. Some people like kitkat, that's why they use it. Some people play games, some don't, so RAM management isn't a concern for everyone. Some people just like the newer UI and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't even understand what you are trying to achieve with this thread, what's your purpose? :mellow:

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:@0xJoao

The msm7x27a is the SoC that the G300 contains. It's its processor, GPU, all that.

If I helped you, hit the green rep button. :)

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Kyan not asking you anything it's not like you see this thread everywere, good for you to have an s4, and why the hell you look to the g300 development if you can mod your s4 and get extreme performance with it, just don't look at this thread anymore, Thank you if you will do that.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Kyan not asking you anything it's not like you see this thread everywere, good for you to have an s4, and why the hell you look to the g300 development if you can mod your s4 and get extreme performance with it, just don't look at this thread anymore, Thank you if you will do that.

I choose to stay here as I have both the S4 and G300, I use both. This thread is stupid, has no purpose, and won't really change anyone's opinion on GB etc. It's just you preaching your opinion which is pointless.

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Left gb behind, going to change my own opinion and make kitkat faster. Thanks for all the replys .

Edited by laurisss, 15 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users