[ROM][JB][4.1.1] SlimStock B199 [Y300/G510] [DISCONTINUED]

Guest fonz93

Guest ludovic50750

I don't have this problem with FluffyRom, which is stock-based !

And, yes, the problem doesn't appears with CM roms... but with CM when I play audio I have stuttering !

At the moment I 'm running FluffyRom v2 and doesn't have any issue !!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fonz93

I don't have this problem with FluffyRom, which is stock-based !

H3ROS and moddingg33k discovered that this problem doesn't occur with stock kernel, the problem occur when you use a compiled kernel from huawei kernel source, that seems to not include the bluetooth fix

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dus40

Hi Fonz, i'm using your slimstock rom. I saw b209 is out (and saw your repack). Do you think slimstock based on b209 would be interesting ?

Thanks for your work

Guest fonz93

Hi Fonz, i'm using your slimstock rom. I saw b209 is out (and saw your repack). Do you think slimstock based on b209 would be interesting ?

Thanks for your work

SlimStock was made to be similar to AOSP (with some things added), because H3ROS released his ROM (LINK), i will not update my ROM, as would be similar to his ROM, and for sure his ROM is better and more similar to AOSP than mine, so if you want an AOSP stock based i suggest to use H3ROS ROM

Edited by fonz93

Guest dus40

SlimStock was made to be similar to AOSP (with some things added), because H3ROS released his ROM (LINK), i will not update my ROM, as would be similar to his ROM, and for sure his ROM is better and more similar to AOSP than mine, so if you want an AOSP stock based i suggest to use H3ROS ROM

Sorry, but i tried to install last aosp mod about 5 or 6 times, each time with different kernel (stock, cextel, synopsis). I tried to format my sd card, change my sd card, uninstall some apps. But everytime, my phone became so slow that it was nearly unusable ! I don't have this problem with slimstock  :(

Guest Domino2115

Sorry, but i tried to install last aosp mod about 5 or 6 times, each time with different kernel (stock, cextel, synopsis). I tried to format my sd card, change my sd card, uninstall some apps. But everytime, my phone became so slow that it was nearly unusable ! I don't have this problem with slimstock  :(

yes me too

Guest dus40

yes me too

Also for me

I thought I was the only one! You comfort me! I wish i could use this rom but there must something we all have that's not compatible (app ?)

Guest H3ROS

It's something you 3 have in common, since you're literally the only 3 people saying that you've got issues. Everyone else seems to comment in the AOSP thread saying that it's perfect or the best ROM that they've used.

I might of asked 1 or 2 of you this before, but are your SD cards class 10?

1. Install the latest TWRP (2.7.1.0)

2. Backup everything from your SD card to a PC

3. Format all partitions from TWRP (that includes your SD card)

4. In TWRP mount your SD storage and copy the ROM over from your PC

5. Follow the setup instructions from my thread

If you normally restore any data then don't, at least for a few hours so that you can see how smooth things run for you. Also don't remove or freeze any of the system apps or change the kernel.

The performance settings between my ROM and this ROM are almost the same. They're both pretty much using Huawei's settings with a few tweaks and fixes here and there. But when it comes to the ROM's obviously mines based on a newer stock ROM, but I've also got more bugs fixed as there's less errors being logged (check for yourself with a logcat). So performance is boosted slightly with my ROM due to these fixes.

If you install an app and then have slowdowns then what app did you install and how many apps total do you normally install? The one I've heard of a few times is Facebook, which is known to cause slowdowns on a lot of devices because it's a bloated and buggy mess.

Guest ChaosKid42

I had the same problems. After removing the file 01extra from /etc/init.d and rebooting everything is great. So I'm removing the file now everytime I perform an update.

I'm not completely sure, but I suspect the problems could arise due to the large SD readahead value.

I'm using the AOSP Mod for a while now with stock kernel and the modification above. I'm absolutely loving it. The best y300 rom I ever used!!!

Edited by ChaosKid42

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, that's why I ask about the class of the SD cards. Personally I've got a class 10 16GB card and with the readahead tweak it boosts my read and write speeds. If someones on a slower SD card though then it might underperform.

The 01extra script does a few things.

1. If the kernel supports it then frandom is used, but if frandom doesn't exist then it's skipped (not used with the stock kernel)

2. The SD readahead value is increased

3. The SQL databases are optimized (done during boot and wouldn't cause any issues)

4. If you've formatted the data partition then it'll restore missing data from the cust partition (this is important)

5. A one time TRIM is done as you boot (this wouldn't cause any issues)

6. Dynamic fsync is enabled if the kernel supports it (not used with the stock kernel)

7. A few processes are made unkillable at the kernel level if the kernel supports it (not used with the stock kernel)

So it's got to be the SD readahead value as that's the only change that could impact speed. It's also not used in SlimStock.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dus40

Yeah, that's why I ask about the class of the SD cards. Personally I've got a class 10 16GB card and with the readahead tweak it boosts my read and write speeds. If someones on a slower SD card though then it might underperform.

The 01extra script does a few things.

1. If the kernel supports it then frandom is used, but if frandom doesn't exist then it's skipped (not used with the stock kernel)

2. The SD readahead value is increased

3. The SQL databases are optimized (done during boot and wouldn't cause any issues)

4. If you've formatted the data partition then it'll restore missing data from the cust partition (this is important)

5. A one time TRIM is done as you boot (this wouldn't cause any issues)

6. Dynamic fsync is enabled if the kernel supports it (not used with the stock kernel)

7. A few processes are made unkillable at the kernel level if the kernel supports it (not used with the stock kernel)

So it's got to be the SD readahead value as that's the only change that could impact speed. It's also not used in SlimStock.

is it possible to change this readahead value to original ? how ?

Guest dus40

... but it doesn't change nothing...

I tried with last TWRP, format my sd card, wipe all, copy rom, install, reboot after google account set...

Phone is allways slow with aosp mod rom. I tried many rom (stock, fusionx, slimstock, essential, gamer v3 v4, cm10, cm10.1, expert v4, slimkat,..), none of them where slow (each time with same account, apps, sd card).   :(

Guest sale385

For me flashing the test zip help a lot. SD read ahead is now 128 kb. No more problems while scrolling, there are no lags. I have G 510, TWRP, and 8GB micro SD class 10, I used synopsis kernel and no "heavy" apps like facebook, google chrome, dropbox...

Guest ZolaIII

I tried to explain to he3ros that going with more than logical block size for read ahead cache is bad bat he insisted...

Saša if you use reasonably big swap you can go with echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory bat if you disable want to disable swap you must firstly turn it back to 1. It will help with large apps...

• 1 month later...
Guest zexxxez

Hello is there a sim toolkit i can use just like in the original huawei stock rom. I tried backing up the sim toolkit application from other roms i tried but i can't seem to restore it in slimstock. I used titanium backup as backup/restore app.