Can't find working ZTE San Francisco II Orange P736V ROM

Guest linuxod

Guest linuxod

Hello,

Google tells me that San Francisco II is known as ZTE Blade (why the hell?)

Last few days I was installing one by one different ROMs from ZTE Blade and found out they are no suitable for this phone.

I tried to search roms by model name written at the back side of the phone

Orange San Francisco II
P736V

Installed two roms from:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/349014-rom-de-branded-rom-for-zte-blade-2orange-san-francisco-iit-mobile-vivacity-gingerbread/

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361836-romcrescent-slimbean-31-android-422-07042013/

And system freezes on the Android logo. Nothing else.

When I was trying to install ZTE Blade ROMs I atleast got to the system screen with unworking touch screen (of course it didn't, wrong model).

Can anyone help me? My model is like on the picture below:

P1030965.jpg

Guest Typhus_

Hello.

Your phone is a ZTE Crescent (P736V model), so you're in the right place.

Every ROM listed right here, on this Sub-Section (ZTE Blade 2/Crescent) , should work.

So grab any.

Cheers!

----EDIT----

PS - If its not working...something's wrong with the phone. Maybe you'll have to flash a stock TPT first. Check THIS post.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest linuxod

Hi Typhus_,

Thanks for the answer, I tried to install TPT P736EV1.0.0B13 but it freezes for 30 minutes on first line

load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn

I'll try now the link you provided

UPDATE:

I tried instructions from the link: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355870-tpt-for-sf2/

1. Downloaded image.bin

2. Formatted SD card

3. Created image folder

4. Copied image.bin into image folder

5. Turn off the battery for 1 minute

6. Started the phone with the combination: Home + Vol Up + Power

No result, just Android Logo.

I have flashed it recently with ZTE Firmware Flasher, so I can get to FTM mode or CWM. I can run TPT with combination of 3 buttons only if the image folder contains sctructure like on the image below

2day9a8.png

But still no result to see system desktop

Edited by linuxod

Guest dodgetimmy

If you are getting stuck on start-up, you need to make sure the rom you are installing occupies less space than your current system partition.

You control the size of the system partition by using a TPT (as you already linked above). If the rom takes more than 200mb of space when installed, you will need a TPT installed with a system larger than 200mb.

When you tried installing the TPT's, when holding the volume up and home buttons and then pressing and releasing power, do you see a green progress line across the screen? If not, there is something you are doing wrong and the tpt isn't installing.

If you are still having problems I suspect its because you installed a p736e rom on a p736v device. Make sure to download and install a rom that is listed to work for p736v and then see if you still get stuck on android screen.

Please let us know what rom you have been trying to install as it makes it easier to help then.

Guest dodgetimmy

You may want to ignore my previous post, I think I found your problem. You have the same phone as me.

Thanks for the answer, I tried to install TPT P736EV1.0.0B13 but it freezes for 30 minutes on first line

This is your problem, installing a p736e TPT on a p736v device. Try installing a p736v TPT instead.

For test purposes I would go with Piratedroid, Androlim or Fish n Chips. Again with the rom make sure you are using the p736v version and not any only for the p736e. Slimbean should be okay fitting on a 200mb.

I wouldn't try P736EV1.0.0B1 by Sebastian404, although its suppose to detect your model and install correctly, it was built on a p736e rom and since you have flashed a p736e tpt already I'm not sure it will work correctly.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest linuxod

You may want to ignore my previous post, I think I found your problem. You have the same phone as me.

This is your problem, installing a p736e TPT on a p736v device. Try installing a p736v TPT instead.

For test purposes I would go with Piratedroid, Androlim or Fish n Chips. Again with the rom make sure you are using the p736v version and not any only for the p736e. Slimbean should be okay fitting on a 200mb.

I wouldn't try P736EV1.0.0B1 by Sebastian404, although its suppose to detect your model and install correctly, it was built on a p736e rom and since you have flashed a p736e tpt already I'm not sure it will work correctly.

Thanks for response. I have the similar issue with this topic: http://www.modaco.com/topic/351845-possible-brick-any-ideas/ . Phone doesn't react to any combination of buttons to enter the TPT and do the work. I found that ZTE Update Tool helped to solve the problem, but all links are dead today. I'll try to install Piratedroid, Androlim or Fish n Chips and give you my feedback

Guest dodgetimmy

You need to make sure you are using a TPT for the correct phone. If you use a TPT for p736e it shouldn't work.

Test the combination with p736v TPT.

If that doesn't work. Inside a gingerbread rom (if you ever get there) you can use system update to flash that image.bin in the image folder of your sd card.

Alternatively, from recovery like ftm or cwm use adb to reboot into the bootloader to access fastboot and then install the image.

when in ftm/recovery with the phone connected to your pc, use adb. Command: adb reboot bootloader

then when the phone loads up stuck on the android logo and connected to your pc, it should be in fastboot mode.

then use command:

fastboot flash image <path to image.bin file>

Guest linuxod

Hi, dodgetimmy

I tried to recover it with the adb and fastboot... Well... this is what I get:

C:\fastboot-recovery>adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26

C:\fastboot-recovery>adb devices
List of devices attached
К       recovery

C:\fastboot-recovery>adb reboot bootloader

C:\fastboot-recovery>fastboot-windows.exe flash image image.bin
sending 'image' (8150 KB)... OKAY
writing 'image'... FAILED (remote: unknown partition name)

Am I doing something wrong? >.<

I think I found the source of my problems... I noticed that in Clockwork mode I can't select an option with Home button, I can select it with double click Menu button (wtf?). I revized all methods I tried and noticed that ZTE Firmware Flasher software shows another model in "About" section. I attached the screenshot below.... Is there any hope to revert it back? Maybe exists Firmware Flasher for P736V?

263bqk7.jpg

Edited by linuxod

Guest linuxod

OMG.... it's easier to cut your own hand than to find a proper software and install a proper image, firmware, rom....

This is the guide which helped me to unbrick ZTE Orange San Franciso II:

1. Go to this guide STEP 5: http://www.modaco.com/topic/343587-guide-de-bricking-a-zte-blade/?p=1759705

BUT!!! instead of using download link provided in Flash firmware - point 1:

1. Download this file, which contains the ZTE flasher along with firmware to flash your phone with, and unzip it somewhere convenient.

Refer to this comment: http://www.modaco.com/topic/360391-zte-blade-s-firmware/?p=2080384

and download flasher here: http://www.mediafire.com/?c51d4caabgxm96s

This zip contains firmware for Crescent which you must select on step 3:

3. Under “SW Directory”, select the correct firmware folder inside the extracted folder (European Gen1 firmware or Chinese v880 Gen2 firmware). ONLY flash the one appropriate for your phone.

It's OK to install wrong firmware, but the hardware will work strangely, you will notice that some buttons are misplaced

In the rest - follow the instructions till the end of flashing.

Next - download any TPT from here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355870-tpt-for-sf2/

And combination of Home + Vol Up + Power will finally work (!)

After the end of the progrees a ClockworkMode will boot up with blue fancy background and it will react to Home button to select options.

Flash everything and install ROM from zip on SD. You can refer this link for more details: http://www.modaco.com/topic/366017-rom-custom-piratedroidv2-p736e-and-p736v-int2extv2-running-1gb-internal-memory/

It is very important, don't think that ZTE Blade is the ZTE San Francisco II , because Google will try to confuse you. Make sure that you are downloaded proper firwmare for flasher, proper TPT and proper ROM.

Thanks to all! Great forum, great people

Edited by linuxod

Guest dodgetimmy

Ahh it all makes sense now. I'm surprised the ZTE recovery tool didn't sort it out for you though. It must have seen your device as p736e rather than v or something.

Anyway glad its sorted now :D