[ROM] JellyBlade_V , custom rom for Blade_V , based on stock

Guest gkalen

Guest gkalen

Hi everybody... I'm a new user in modaco and as i saw that here in modaco forums , users that own a Blade V , are more actives than in xda.

So i decided to share my work with you.

First of all , i'm not a developer , but i know some things on android and i can cook a custom rom , but i don't know about kernels , except some small things.

I made a custom rom with cygwin kitchen, based on stock firmware.

THANKS AND GREDITS TO...

KONSTAT ( for his recovery and all usefull links )

MSOUND , for coloured pngs in settings.

JELLYBLADE V2 ( 28/07/2014 ).

UPDATE'S CHANGELOG

New boot.img with ramdisk of N909 ( same as in MIbladeUI ).

New buid.prop and init.d tweaks.

Dalvik optimized tweaks.

Modified androidpolicy.jar to support transparent statusbar.

Binaries , libraries and more files , from N909.

Added , Russian language ( Thanks to wilz ... and burgerz for Russian repos ).

Nova launcher.

Changed statusbar's wifi and data icons from grey to blue.

Changed toggles icons.

DOWNLOAD , JellyBlade V2

http://d-h.st/2TO

PREVIOUS VERSIONS

JELLYBLADE V1

Changelog

Based on latest UK version of 6 / 12 / 2013 .

Deleted ALL applications , folders and files that i think they are useless.

External sd as primary storage and internal sd as secondary storage.

Added , new camera google edition with panorama and photosphere .

New settings apk , with coloured icons.

Disabled zte lockscreen.

Changed alarming with deskclock apk.

Changed calculator with cm10 calculator.

Sony Bravia mod.

Download , JellyBlade _V1.zip

http://d-h.st/Xd7#.U4fPpvmSzfK

JellyBlade V

Changelog

Root and busybox

Deodexed ( apps and framework )

Changes to kernel , through cygwin's options ( unsecured boot.img , busybox run parts support , edited default.prop , etc.. )

Init.d and build.prop tweaks ( maybe some of them won't work but i can't see any harm also ).

Delete , almost all unnecessary apps

Added , apex ;auncher , dolphin browser , root explorer , flash player and setcpu

Enabled , volume wake rocker ( unlock phone with vol buttons ).

Disabled scrolling cache and added some more volume steps by modifying framework.jar

Battery percentage

New settings icon

A little more transparency in pulldown bar ( 7% more ).

New usb connection icons ( ics style ).

And i don't remember what else... :P

Download JellyBlade V

http://d-h.st/tML

INSTALLATION

Put the .zip of the rom in your sd card

Enter CWM recovery

Wipe data factory reset

Wipe cache partition

Advanced / wipe dalvik cache

Mounts and storage / format system

Install zip from sd card / choose zip from external sd card / ... choose JellyBlade V.zip

Let the installation finish

First boot will take 3-5 min

Enjoy

TIP

Open setcpu , choose min frequency 320 or 480 and governor performance .... and feel the smoothness

Try also , min 320 or 480 and governor interactive ... so smooth also with a little better battery life.

Screenshots

post-1041787-14003388537606_thumb.jpg post-1041787-14003388684789_thumb.jpg post-1041787-14003388832752_thumb.jpg post-1041787-14003389085508_thumb.jpg post-1041787-14003389216635_thumb.jpg

Edited by gkalen

Guest gkalen
Thanks for this custom rom! Blade V rocks!! ;)
Thanks my friend. I have to tell you also that i'm a Miui fan and i admire your work. I want to work in miui also, but i have this phone only a week and i need a little more time ( this is my miui gingerbread rom for u8800pro ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2303353 .. ) So will see in future how it goes. But i think that we need a guy that he can compile an o/c kernel, maybe konstat can make it. Edited by gkalen

Guest djfnz

The big luck its the ZTE N909 have same hardware than Blade V but different kernel ,wifi and compass driver, but easy porting! :) :) 

Guest gkalen

Thanks for this rom.

It is possible to change the lockscreen with stock jellybean lockscreen?

Sorry for my eanglish.

Thanks , my friend , hope you like the rom.

I can do more theming , but i'm not sure yet about lockscreen , i own the phone only 8 days , i need more time to search it more ..

Guest gkalen
Thanks for this rom. It is possible to change the lockscreen with stock jellybean lockscreen? Sorry for my eanglish.
Well , ok .. Finally it wasn't so hard to disable zte lockscreen. Just a little xml changes , recompile and Done. Of course you still have the option to install any other lockscreen app from market , as djfnz said ... But now you have the option to disable zte lockscreen with the zip below ... Download JB_lockscreen http://d-h.st/KHg Screenshots post-1041787-1400511185772_thumb.jpg post-1041787-1400511199686_thumb.jpg post-1041787-14005112166745_thumb.jpg Installation Put the JB_lockscreen.zip in your sd card Get into CWM recovery Flash the zip Optionally you can wipe cache and dalvik cache Reboot system Enjoy Edited by gkalen

Guest shiftyc

Well , ok ..

Finally it wasn't so hard to disable zte lockscreen.

Just a little xml changes , recompile and Done.

Of course you still have the option to install any other lockscreen app from market , as djfnz said ...

But now you have the option to disable zte lockscreen with the zip below ...

Download

JB_lockscreen

http://d-h.st/KHg

Hi.  Does your modified framework-res.apk change only the lockscreen, or have you modified that apk in other ways for your ROM?

Guest gkalen
Hi. Does your modified framework-res.apk change only the lockscreen, or have you modified that apk in other ways for your ROM?
It is not modified in other ways, it is the stock framework-res.apk which is modified for lockscreen and some other png's. It can be work on any rooted BladeV phone with stock rom. And is deodexed.

what is the Antutu skor in this custom rom....same as stock??? gapps in tha custom rom ??? ty
Antutu it's the same as in stock rom. Gapps included and updated , JellyBlade is a custom rom based on stock Edited by gkalen

Guest gkalen

Thanks for lockscreen.

You welcome!

Hope you like it now ..

I will do more theming on this rom in the future , i'm still searching this phone.

Guest shiftyc

It is not modified in other ways, it is the stock framework-res.apk which is modified for lockscreen and some other png's. It can be work on any rooted BladeV phone with stock rom. And is deodexed.

I confirm that the lockscreen works with the stock ROM, but what do you mean "some other png's"?  It won't let me change the wallpaper from the one you have in your screenshots...

Guest gkalen
I confirm that the lockscreen works with the stock ROM, but what do you mean "some other png's"? It won't let me change the wallpaper from the one you have in your screenshots...
What do you mean by that ??? You want to change the wallpaper inside the framework or in your home screen ??? Other png's , i mean the usb connection icons , when connecting phone's usb with sd card on pc. Wallpapers changes without problems on my phone , take a look at screenshots , i just change it twice without problems .. post-1041787-14005419721452_thumb.jpg post-1041787-14005419872864_thumb.jpg If you have issues with wallpapers , maybe it's because you are with the odex stock rom and this framework is deodexed as the whole rom ... i can't thing something else ... Anyway , i suggest you to flash this rom to see by yourself how it works. Just take a CWM recovery backup of your current stock rom and if you don't like the rom , then you can easily restore it again . I think that you're an advanced user and you know how to do mods on your phone . You can easily try JellyBlade and restore back to stock in half an hour. Or else you can try to replace recources.ars from this framework , with your stock's framework recourses.arc , maybe it will work . Edited by gkalen

Guest shiftyc

What do you mean by that ??? You want to change the wallpaper inside the framework or in your home screen ???

I was just trying to change my home screen wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper.  I used the gallery to choose a new png but it was stuck on the one in your original screen shots.

I'm happy with the stock ROM thanks, I just wanted to try "XlockY" which is part of the XBlastTools Xposed module.  The stock lock screen prevents this from working, so your work has allowed me to test this out.  I didn't like it much so I've reverted back to a hacked version of holo locker, but thanks for your help and good luck with the ROM.

Edited by shiftyc

Guest Erde

I know you don't have to, but could you release the source code as well? Or is it included in the file already? I'm kinda afraid of installing unofficial ports from people who I don't know or who can be vouched for by someone I know/trust. Nothing personal. Just being cautious. Got burned before.

Guest gkalen

I know you don't have to, but could you release the source code as well? Or is it included in the file already? I'm kinda afraid of installing unofficial ports from people who I don't know or who can be vouched for by someone I know/trust. Nothing personal. Just being cautious. Got burned before.

There is nothing to be afraid for...

It's a custom rom Based on stock firmware, no need sources.

This custom rom is just a modified stock rom, nothing to be afraid for.

Of course, if you don't want to flash it , is your decision and i respect it, but be sure that you will not have problems with this rom.

Rom will be updated soonly with more changes ..

Regards.

Edited by gkalen

Guest gkalen

Hi!

Very good ROM. Fast and stable. Any updates incoming? Possible CPU overclock?

Hi , and thank you ...

Yes , i also think that is fast and stable rom , works very nice without problems.

I'm so sorry , but i don't know too much about kernels and i can't do it overclocked .

Updates ??? Are you watching me ?? Yes , JellyBlade will be updated in few hours ... stay tuned ...

Guest gkalen

Hi!

Very good ROM. Fast and stable. Any updates incoming? Possible CPU overclock?

Hi , and thank you ...

Yes , i also think that is fast and stable rom , works very nice without problems.

I'm so sorry , but i don't know too much about kernels and i can't do it overclocked .

Updates ??? Are you watching me ?? Yes , JellyBlade will be updated in few hours ... stay tuned ...

Guest Erde

Could you try enabling call recording (both ways)?  It seems to be disabled on stock...?

And PS: Cyanogen mod is not allowed to be distributed with overclockign settings or overvoltaged (but you may include the application(s)), so don't do it lol.

Guest gkalen

Could you try enabling call recording (both ways)? It seems to be disabled on stock...?

And PS: Cyanogen mod is not allowed to be distributed with overclockign settings or overvoltaged (but you may include the application(s)), so don't do it lol.

I will check it , if i could enable call recording i will do it.

I don't care about what cyanogenmod says , if i have an overclocked kernel i will be use it , without any fear ...

LETS UPDATE THE ROM NOW

JELLYBLADE V1

Changelog

Based on latest UK version of 6 / 12 / 2013 .

Deleted ALL applications , folders and files that i think they are useless.

External sd as primary storage and internal sd as secondary storage.

Added , new camera google edition with panorama and photosphere .

New settings apk , with coloured icons.

Disabled zte lockscreen.

Changed alarming with deskclock apk.

Changed calculator with cm10 calculator.

Sony Bravia mod.

Download , JellyBlade _V1.zip

http://d-h.st/Xd7#.U4X9UD8YbJt

INSTALLATION

Follow procedure at first post

Screenshots

post-1041787-14012902710414_thumb.jpg

post-1041787-14012902967975_thumb.jpg

ENJOY THE ROM !!!!!!

NOTE

If suddenly you loose ( disappear ) the gallery.apk from your app drawer, don't worry, although you can enter gallery through camera.

Just extract the rom, take the GalleryGoogle.apk from system/app/ , paste it and replace it in system/app/ , give permissions ( rw-r--r-- ) , reboot your phone, DONE, you will never loose gallery app from app drawer again.

Edited by gkalen