[DEV][ROM][1.8.] CAF Firefox OS - B2G

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
This is my build of Firefox OS for Moto G. This is not meant for daily use (or any use really), it's just something for advanced users to play with. I've only tested this on my retail xt1032 but there is also support for the GPE variant as well as xt1033's converted to GPE. Telephony is not working on dual-SIM xt1033.

This build is based on CAF release LNX.LF.3.5.1-11900-8x10.0 and it's Boot2Gecko 2.0.0.0-prerelease.

2014-08-26-16-22-19.png 2014-08-26-16-22-46.png

b2g-20150801-falcon.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/falcon/FirefoxOS
md5:3b0e17793e5cf3d132383f0c2a3842b1

Working:
  • RIL (mobile network, data & SMS)
  • Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (photos & camcorder)
  • FM radio
  • GPS
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD card
  • Charging & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
Not working:
  • USB-storage (B2G doesn't support MTP - Moto G doesn't support UMS) - adb push/pull to/from sdcard works after 'adb root'

Issues:

• rotation doesn't properly work in the camera app - rotate your device before opening the camera app
  • browser's back/next/bookmark/share bar is missing/overlapped by software navigation bar when in portrait mode
Sources:
  • CAF & Mozilla/B2G
  • CyanogenMod team & dhacker29 for CAF AOSP bring up
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1.8. changelog:
  • fix camera (rotation still not working properly - rotate your device before opening the camera app)
  • audio updates (switch to using platform parser in audio HAL & include calibration data)
  • port seccomp support to kernel (if someone wants to test shallow flashing B2G >2.0)
  • add kexec hardboot support to kernel for multi-ROM support
  • patch recently disclosed stagefright vulnerabilities (more info)
4.1. 2015 changelog:
  • updated to CAF release LNX.LF.3.5.1-11900-8x10.0
  • add few more locales and keyboard layouts (Nederlands, Russia, Turkey)
26.8. changelog:
  • updated to CAF release LNX.LF.3.5.1-03500-8x10.0
  • Boot2Gecko 2.0.0.0-prerelease
5.6. changelog:
  • updated to the latest CAF release

21.5. changelog:

• fixed RIL
  • enabled more language support
18.5. changelog:
  • initial release

Previous builds:

b2g-20150104-falcon.zip
md5:2a4679d199a10fc49fc5b91dc2e41ee6

b2g-seccomp-kexec-camera-fix-falcon.zip
md5:70312b8c9b473472768bf012a40ffe0e
Edited by KonstaT

Guest codroid

I remember you when I had my blade a long time ago, on another account on here(long story) 

Cant wait, your roms where great :)

Guest plewis1981

Awesome, thanks KonstaT, can't wait to flash this, would you mind if I post a link to this thread on XDA (if your not planing to that is), as I am sure may XDA users would love this

Guest KonstaT

Awesome, thanks KonstaT, can't wait to flash this, would you mind if I post a link to this thread on XDA (if your not planing to that is), as I am sure may XDA users would love this

Yeah, sure as long you make it clear who made it and where you got it (link to this thread). I don't want to see another XDA news piece with my work passed as someone else's. ;)

I wasn't planning on posting it anywhere else...

Guest plewis1981

Yeah, sure as long you make it clear who made it and where you got it (link to this thread). I don't want to see another XDA news piece with my work passed as someone else's. ;) I wasn't planning on posting it anywhere else...

Thanks, Obviously I would give full credit (you deserve it ) in the post title and in the post itself, I will post in the general section to avoid any confusion.

Guest KonstaT
RIL fixed and calls/SMS/mobile data/call audio/etc working. It's still a bit shady though, most times you need to toggle airplane mode on/off to get the PIN query. USB/wifi-tethering working now as well. I'll see if I can do something about the camera before releasing a full build.

b2g-falcon-ril-patch.zip
md5:f41385214cafcaa51d63c1c23b73ee5b

Guest KonstaT
Did anyone test this on a xt1033? Does RIL work with single SIM or not at all with the latest patch installed (and after toggling airplane mode on/off - looks like it's B2G issue)? Next step would be for someone to replace couple of libs from xt1033. You can find the right ones e.g. inside a CyanogenMod zip in /system/xt1033.

Edit. Actually I'll just make another patch. :P This will also install xt1033 libs on dual-SIM variants. Please test on xt1033 and report back.

b2g-falcon-ril-patch-v2.zip
md5:840d86d1d236135def1c50e72fd2e79c

Guest KonstaT

You think to port also b2g 2.0 ?

I just built 2.0.0.0-prerelease for another device. To my surprise I could see hardly anything new. :o Some icons were different as well as camera interface, that was pretty much it.

In my experience B2G master branches are quite buggy or even sometimes plain broken. There is very little to gain by going bleading edge here. Basing this on a CAF release should result more 'stable' build. These releases are something that an OEM/ODM would base their retail version of Firefox OS on.

Guest Droider007

Is it possible to have b2g working on xt1033 ever??

I mean cyanogenmod 11 by dhacker has msim working.....so u can also add it to b2g??

And will this work on xt1033 with single sim working??

Guest hecatae

Konstat, could you build 1.3 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Releases/1.3 to test dual-sim?

Multi-SIM support landed in Firefox OS (Dual-SIM-Dual-Standby or DSDS).navigator.mozMobileConnection becomes an array of MozMobileConnection instances, i.e.navigator.mozMobileConnections

https://gist.github.com/digitarald/7829694

Guest KonstaT

Is it possible to have b2g working on xt1033 ever??

I mean cyanogenmod 11 by dhacker has msim working.....so u can also add it to b2g??

And will this work on xt1033 with single sim working??

There is a B2G device with codename flame (I don't know what it is in real life) that is dual-SIM if I'm not mistaken. I think they're at least working on it. This is completely another OS (it's low level Android hardware adaptation with java/dalvik stripped off and replaced with gecko web engine that runs HTML5/js webapps), it's not even Android in that sense that I could e.g. port something from CM11.

Either way it's not likely to happen as I don't have xt1033 to test with. Afaik you can at least turn your device in to a single-SIM model by flashing a different stock firmware, right?

I really wouldn't want to. :P I have nothing to test it on anyway.

Guest darkeingel

Great work so far KonstaT.

I'll look on this project, I'm interested to get my hands on Firefox OS, and flashing on my Moto G will make things pretty nice.

Keep up good work.

Guest KonstaT
Actually there's still something for someone with a xt1033 to test. B2G has separate system properties for multi-SIM support. Enabling them gets at least both slots visible. I have doubts this will work with a prebuilt libril (and how rild is set up using rilproxy) but it's still worth a try.

Here's a patch, please test and report back.

b2g-falcon-xt1033-patch.zip
md5:9b664501697a7574fc81553dd62a371a

Guest Droider007

both slim slots showing but there is no network........its saying sim card not ready......and airplane mode not working

Guest KonstaT

both slim slots showing but there is no network........its saying sim card not ready......and airplane mode not working

Thanks for testing. I'd appreciate if someone could also grab a log.
adb logcat -b radio -b main > filename.txt
Yeah, I was pretty sure rilproxy is looking for wrong rild sockets. I still have couple of ideas left though. It would be nice if there was some sources (or even a system dump) for a dual-SIM Firefox OS device that actually has this working...