[DEV][ROM][1.8.] CAF Firefox OS - B2G

Guest KonstaT

Guest Droider007

well its not working........same problem and when i tried to take the command in adb it said access denied......

i remember dhacker having dual sim model.....maybe he can help.....

Edited by Droider007

Guest KonstaT

well its not working........same problem and when i tried to take the command in adb it said access denied......

i remember dhacker having dual sim model.....maybe he can help.....

On linux you can first do:
adb kill-server
sudo adb start-server

I don't know if it makes any difference on Windows to run command prompt as an administrator.

There isn't anything obvious missing/wrong with it on the device side anymore. Dual-SIM support is probably just not properly implemented on the gecko yet. And considering RIL still has some issues even on the regular single SIM variant. I've open sourced the dual-SIM stuff I've added so anyone can review/fix it if they want to.

Last patch to test on a xt1033. Please test and report back.

b2g-falcon-xt1033-last-patch.zip
md5:5d14b5fa6933f943462e1e0759528729

Guest daanw

Hi KonsTat,

Unfortunatly the latest patch didnt do the trick either.

I really hope this isnt the end for firefox OS on the xt1033.

Great job so far!

Guest estraya500

Hello, I've been all day with this rom and liked me, wanted to discuss my experience:

(BUILD 21.5) Moto G xt1032

*It seems to have some lag in transition to press start in.

*Delay to open recent apps.

*Slightly delay unlock screen.

*To run my data connection I had to manually set the apn of internert and activate roaming.

*In some applications when the keyboard is opened, a piece of background startup screen for less than 1 second.

*everything else seems to work fine (except mtp and camera)

Thanks for working with Firefox OS, I'll be here.(Excuse my English translated by google) :D

Edited by estraya500

Guest papyloup

Tested it on xt032.

It is a real pleasure.

Waiting for camera and it will be super.

Has anyone any idea of getting contacts with carddav and which app could correspond to maps and to openstreetmap ?

Thx for your work.

Guest KonstaT

Hello, I've been all day with this rom and liked me, wanted to discuss my experience:

(BUILD 21.5) Moto G xt1032

*It seems to have some lag in transition to press start in.

*Delay to open recent apps.

*Slightly delay unlock screen.

*To run my data connection I had to manually set the apn of internert and activate roaming.

*In some applications when the keyboard is opened, a piece of background startup screen for less than 1 second.

*everything else seems to work fine (except mtp and camera)

Thanks for working with Firefox OS, I'll be here.(Excuse my English translated by google) :D

There's not much I can do about lags and delays. It's just how Firefox OS is. Whole UI/apps is nothing but HTML5/CSS/JS webapps that are run in gecko web compositor. Running HTML5 apps is really not very well optimized, it's even significantly slower than dalvik emulation that Android uses (which is again significantly slower than running native apps). All I can say it's pretty much as smooth as it's going to get. MSM8226 is also top of the line what comes to hardware supporting B2G and certainly the best Firefox OS experience I've had so far.

Can you add Russian language support?

I already enabled all language support possible. There's very limited localization in B2G by default (English, French, Chinese) but CAF had some extra language packs. There should be some cyrillic keyboard layout included at least.

Guest darkeingel

KonstaT, did you had time to look into the camera issue? Currently i'm tempted to flash it and play it with the rom for a couple of days but this seems to be a rather big thing that drawns me off at the moment - and I will really like to test it away.

Thanks,

Alex.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, did you had time to look into the camera issue? Currently i'm tempted to flash it and play it with the rom for a couple of days but this seems to be a rather big thing that drawns me off at the moment - and I will really like to test it away.

Thanks,

Alex.

No, I haven't looked into anything since the last build. I'm quite sure camera currently fails on getting the current orientation, sensor service times out, and everything crashes after that. It could be something simple like one line hack with permissions if I only knew where or something more complex.

Qualcomm/CAF has implemented few things in their own way, it's not quite how things are usually done on B2G. I already had to bring back B2G's rilproxy service to get RIL working and there is also another removed B2G service (fakeappops) that manages app permissions for gecko. I've hacked around there but no luck yet.

Test for couple of hours then, that's what nandoid backups are for...

Guest KonstaT
New build. Updated to the latest CAF release. RIL seems to work now properly after a reboot so no need toggle airplane mode anymore. Camera has new interface but still doesn't work. Some app icons are different as well, that's pretty much all visible changes.

xt1033 stuff is also included in the build but I doubt RIL actually works (I'd appreciate if someone would test and report back with logs). Support for GPE variant should work now properly too.

b2g-20140605-falcon.zip
md5:058e57632bdd492ef16c146dfb1c2837

Guest papyloup

Good evolution.

On xt1032 after boot we have to switch to plane on/off to have sim card detected.

The camera has more options but crash.

Love the interface wich is very simple to use.

Hope camera to work and i'll switch definitively to it.

Guest KonstaT

Good evolution.

On xt1032 after boot we have to switch to plane on/off to have sim card detected.

The camera has more options but crash.

Love the interface wich is very simple to use.

Hope camera to work and i'll switch definitively to it.

Still? :o Works fine on my xt1032 with the latest build. Rebooted several times and PIN query was always there.

Even though I think this is stable enough for someone adventurous to use as a daily driver, I still wouldn't quite recommend it. Firefox OS hasn't yet matured as a mobile platform and it's still mostly targeted for developers and enthusiasts.

Guest J0SH1X

Will use it AS daylie driver after i found whatsapp for it i will Tory to look for Camera when i finaly got NY PC back sorry for Bad english im german

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Nagendra1985

Hello All 

I am using the firefox os on Xt1033 . the Build looks great . Thank you Konsta. 

The only challenge is that it does not detect the SIM , hopefully there will a patch coming soon from Konsta .

Thank you 

Guest Ibrahim Ibrahim

I just buy moto g two weeks ago.and I will try ur b2g on my xt1033. I dont care about waranty damage.i'll be your tester team :p. Anyway i'll post the update

Guest KonstaT

Any news for camera?

Hope that you will not let it like this :)

Any update ?

+1

Then , it's is discontinued ?

These builds are based on tagged CAF releases. There's nothing much for me to do at the moment (besides the camera of course). I never planned using this as my daily driver so it never was/is/will be in active develepment. If you don't mind me saying, it's already pretty damn good what comes to Firefox OS ports to unsupported hardware. :P

Plan was to update to a newer CAF release and use proprietary blobs and kernel based on the Motorola 4.4.4 firmware. Who previously thought CAF branching/tagging scheme was confusing, previously unseen, wild 3.4 tag appeares (QCOM B-family uses 3.5 for KitKat). I might wait for the next msm8226 release to see where they're going with this, so don't expect anything to happen in a month or two.

not working for dual sim

Hello All 

I am using the firefox os on Xt1033 . the Build looks great . Thank you Konsta. 

The only challenge is that it does not detect the SIM , hopefully there will a patch coming soon from Konsta .

Thank you 

I just buy moto g two weeks ago.and I will try ur b2g on my xt1033. I dont care about waranty damage.i'll be your tester team :P. Anyway i'll post the update

We've reached a point where there is nothing I can do without having a dual-SIM variant myself. There is nothing obvious wrong/missing afaict. Your best chances are with converting your device to a single SIM model.