Touch/Display replacement-school

Guest iAl3x

Guest iAl3x

Hi guys,

I'm from romania and I've beeen using this phone for about an year and was quite happy with it (except support and updates from acer). Yesterday I was charging my phone in my high-school when one of my colleagues accidentally dropped my phone from about 1.5m and broke the front glass in just 1 point and 1 little crack as i had a protective foil. But guess what...after putting it all together and booting it up I tried to insert my lock pattern, but my touch wasn't working.

As far as you know guys, is there any chance to get spare parts or get it fixed with a new display/touch/digitizer (i know it's all glued up and people with these kind of issues had to replace the whole phone) or should I just ask that dude for money?

Thanks!

Guest A427

Getting spare parts for the CloudMobile is very difficult and expensive, AFAIK. In my opinion you should ask your colleague to contact his insurance company (and maybe you should contact yours too) to see what can be done.

Guest cojocariuadrian

Intreaba l de bani si sunt pe net cam cu 250 de lei aceruri cu placa prajita. Iei unu cu display intact si faci schimbul. Mercador si tocmai. Success.

Guest iAl3x

Intreaba l de bani si sunt pe net cam cu 250 de lei aceruri cu placa prajita. Iei unu cu display intact si faci schimbul. Mercador si tocmai. Success.

Salut! mersi petru sfat, dar din pacate cred ca am cautat 1 ora pe okazii/olx(mercador)/tocmai...toti care vand telefonul il vand pentru ca nu le merge touch-ul...poti cumva sa-mi gasesti pe orice site un acer cu touchscreen intreg?

Guest cojocariuadrian

Sorry A27. I said that he could find a toast motherboard second hand phone for about 100$ and take the touch. He said he has a hard time finding one.

You are right man, most of them with the display ok are about 350 Ron. It looks like it will be a bit more expensive...

Guest cojocariuadrian

Go on mercador, put filter between 300 and 400 ron and you ll find plenty. Make sure you talk to some guys first, see you seems nicer.

Guest iAl3x

Go on mercador, put filter between 300 and 400 ron and you ll find plenty. Make sure you talk to some guys first, see you seems nicer.

I've seen one Acer with about 130$ in pefect shape and everything working. then only thing that was noticable was a scratch on the bottom bar, but that phone was perfectly working so no point to dissasamble it. Maybe i should buy that phone and sell mine for parts

Guest cojocariuadrian

That is also a very good idea. You can look for another phone as well but well the s500 is a sexy one :D best of luck man

Guest cojocariuadrian

Just make sure you can get your hands on it and test everything first. Or ask the seller to make a video. Screen rotation, cameras, flash, wifi speakers, headphones.. etc

Guest iAl3x

Ofcourse I will check everything, but I might get a nexus 5 as a birthday gift in like a month and see what can I do with my acer