Adb from Linux ?

Guest codroid

Guest codroid

I have a question if someone would be kind enough to help me with.

If  I switch to Ubuntu and run windows 7 in virtualbox, will I be able to use adb and fastboot with my moto G still ? Or maybe is there a more easy way ? bearing in mind I will also need to install motorola device manager also.

Guest youngsta2010

I just have windoze and Ubuntu in dual boot. I know you can use adb and fastboot in Ubuntu, I don't have any experience with virtualbox tho. One thing tho I can not get Ubuntu to mount my moto g in mtp so have to use airdroid.

Guest Brianrh

I just have windoze and Ubuntu in dual boot. I know you can use adb and fastboot in Ubuntu, I don't have any experience with virtualbox tho. One thing tho I can not get Ubuntu to mount my moto g in mtp so have to use airdroid.

I have used gMTP as a MTP client with several of my my mobile phones to transfer files, etc.:

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/precise/gmtp/

However currently I am using Mint16 with the Cinnamon desktop and Nemo recognises mobile phones and tablets straight off.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Edited by Brianrh

Guest youngsta2010

Yeah cheers, I have tried gnomad but didn't really get on with it. I was just hoping to get it to show up as a drive but no luck. I'm just going to use airdroid now it's really easy and got a web interface so os doesn't matter. Thanks anyway. B)

Edited by youngsta2010