Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Not sure but (a) I don't think that there's any bootloader unlocking step with the F1 and (b ) there are several rooting options that can be done on the device via CWM or an app obviating the need for any host PC.

Edited by dalyer

Hypothetical Question:

My laptop run Linux Mint, but most of the programs that are use to phone root/unlock bootloader are Windows based.

If I had Windows 7 running in VirtualBox from within Linux Mint, are these programs still likely to work over USB?

Why "hypothetical"? :-)

Like for most phones Windows based root tools are just batches with use of ADB or executables that use ADB anyway to hack root via Linux shell on phone, upload 'su', set permissions & reboot (sometimes few reboots when root is not available for setting suid permissions for 'su' and they are set via additional script at boot).

It's enough to rewrite batches to Linux shell script & use ADB for Linux (it's best to download Android SDK and let it download ADB + other tools).

Also you can do that via ADB running in recovery - you should have straight root access on recovery then you can upload su + SuperSU or other root access management apps.

It's not that problem.

The only problem could be with flashing of stock firmwares if you would mess phone totally that even recovery wouldn't boot.

But in that case flashing tools under Windows in virtual machine (Virtualbox or VMWare) should work.

Guest KennyPowers2000

Its more due to the fact that most online how-to guides provide the 'batch operation' executables for Windows, and I don't have/not confident enough with Linux to type in the equivilant commands in terminal.

Do Android based phones connect easier via USB in Windows than with Linux?

Depends on what kind of "connect" do you mean.

On Linux side:

- ADB connection ("debug mode") - works fine for all the phones & tablets that I had in hand (even with new phones & older Linux distros - just needed to set vendorid & productid in adb config),

- USB storage - depends on ROM possibilites / no problems on Linux side,

- PPTP / MTP - rather works, but strongly depends on Linux app that you use,

- bootloader / flash mode - could be problem, but depends on availability of Linux flasher (so far haven't seen any for MT6592).

Edited by xeros2

Guest tcpaulh

I think you have a working version somewhere in the first page

The problem is with Gmaps V9. The apk link on first page is V8. I'm hoping google fix the issue in a future update too.

Guest cristian77

I'm sorry to bother you, but fail in any way to download  MIUI 4.4.2 by LZY. 4 days trying all options displayed on the first page. if someone has already pulled off this rom  and may upload  elsewhere or if you know another way to get off this file would be grateful.  I love MIUI is the perfect rom for me and  I use version 4.2 from lzy but I want the  fast focusing camera from 4.4 rom. At least that I understood that the 4.4  roms have fast focusing camera.

Thank you.

If your problem is downloading from a China host (e.g. Baidu drive?) then you probably need to use the tips in the first or second post - e.g. use a downloader utility or intall Baidu file butler (or whatever it's called) under Sandboxie and use one of those to download. Otherwise it's excruciatingly slow and error prone to download from China servers.

Guest cristian77

If your problem is downloading from a China host (e.g. Baidu drive?) then you probably need to use the tips in the first or second post - e.g. use a downloader utility or intall Baidu file butler (or whatever it's called) under Sandboxie and use one of those to download. Otherwise it's excruciatingly slow and error prone to download from China servers.

That is the problem - i try every downloader from the firs page. Not working - very slow and with errors after 12-24 hours of download time. I am out of options. Ultimate chance somebody with the rom already downloaded or another downloader that work and was not already posted here because i already try it all.

thank you

Guest userDJJ

I'm sorry to bother you, but fail in any way to download  MIUI 4.4.2 by LZY. 4 days trying all options displayed on the first page. if someone has already pulled off this rom  and may upload  elsewhere or if you know another way to get off this file would be grateful.  I love MIUI is the perfect rom for me and  I use version 4.2 from lzy but I want the  fast focusing camera from 4.4 rom. At least that I understood that the 4.4  roms have fast focusing camera.

Thank you.

What about posting a link in a first place, so someone could dl/up to some normal host ?

Guest m@nish123

hey guys can i request to everyone one thing

please everyone(as everyone has stock rom may be all from starting kk build....or àny other)

can u guys upload all

Çoolpad 8297,8297w 's Boot.img of 4.4.2

like this

4.4.2_coolpad_8297or8297w_build.no.zip

i will test all boot.img and cheçk, which kernel working all sensor

hope u guys understand me

i can't download All çoolpad 8297 ,8297w .cpb format

Guest userDJJ

www . yulong.com/product/product/product/load.html?productBO.product.id=6471&productBO.menuId=5082

New stock 4.4 018

• 大神F1(联通版)安卓 4.4 升级包 018 版本.rar 2014-11-27 581.58M

(Great God F1 (Unicom version) Android 4.4 upgrade package 018 version)

link

http://tinyurl.com/mdc6vxz

Edited by userDJJ

Guest korekore1

Maybe we need to open a seperate thread ONLY for CoolUI roms?For all CoolUIs 4.2,4.4,lite,modded,etc.It would make this one a lot easier to share and discuss more general things and other roms

Guest m@nish123

Maybe we need to open a seperate thread ONLY for CoolUI roms?For all CoolUIs 4.2,4.4,lite,modded,etc.It would make this one a lot easier to share and discuss more general things and other roms

i need only coolUi 4.4.2 Boot.img of all Released till now