5053 replies to this topic

77chedu

77chedu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad f1

Is there any kind of patch for SD issues with Kit Kat roms? I've got AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack rom installed and once a week makes my SD card corrupt and it says "SD card unmounted unexpectedly", I reboot the phone and still not recognizing it so I've got to plug in a SD reader in the PC, format it and it works again... until the next week.

If that happens exactly on a weekly basis, it sounds like some sort of cron job.

Are you running some init.d scripts or set up a weekly maintenance routine with some third party app?

firuromania

firuromania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1
Backup your files, microSD card is failing. Same problem here, I have a Sony microSDHC 32G that is read only.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

Which rom you were using when it started to fail?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png     

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

Is there any kind of patch for SD issues with Kit Kat roms? I've got AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack rom installed and once a week makes my SD card corrupt and it says "SD card unmounted unexpectedly", I reboot the phone and still not recognizing it so I've got to plug in a SD reader in the PC, format it and it works again... until the next week.

I've been using this ROM since it first came on the scene and have not had any SD card issues, so I suspect it may be a duff card?

Is there any pattern to when the corruption occurs - ie after any updates, or removal of software, or after running cleaning tools?

Currently using:-

Coolpad F1

rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack

firuromania

firuromania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Reliability of microSD cards is awfull.In one year,I,ve got a fake 16G from b2cbuying when I buy Coolpad,an original San Disk 16G that died in wife,s phone and an original Sony 32G Who dies after months in my Coolpad.So I dont trust big names anymore and choose cheapest ones like Hama,Verbatim etc

Ciberdream

Ciberdream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I also have a problem with sd card. Im on vanilla v3 and now second time in one week sd card not working. I got message in notification " SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it." When I put it in computer card is working.

Jpower73

Jpower73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Devices:coolpad f1

I've got this one... 

http://m.tinydeal.co...-sdxc-tf-130693

For a year or so... 

It works like a charm. 

No Lost.Dir files

Jpower73

Jpower73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Devices:coolpad f1

I also have a problem with sd card. Im on vanilla v3 and now second time in one week sd card not working. I got message in notification " SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it." When I put it in computer card is working.

I had this once, i think using jorvalino's rom. 

Format sd and use another rom..  Don't risk it. 

pepe93

pepe93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

If that happens exactly on a weekly basis, it sounds like some sort of cron job.

Are you running some init.d scripts or set up a weekly maintenance routine with some third party app?

Nope.

Backup your files, microSD card is failing. Same problem here, I have a Sony microSDHC 32G that is read only.

Yeah that's what I do because it works in the PC, with problems, but it works. For example, I try to copy all the files and folders at the same time but the transfer freezes, so I've got to go to properties, select the option check errors or sth like that, it fixes whatever it has to be fixed and it works OK again.

Which rom you were using when it started to fail?

Jonzalvo's AOSP Pure. No problems with laek's rom and another Chinese rom. 

I've been using this ROM since it first came on the scene and have not had any SD card issues, so I suspect it may be a duff card?

Is there any pattern to when the corruption occurs - ie after any updates, or removal of software, or after running cleaning tools?

With this rom I've got installed it happened when I had Avira antivirus installed. I uninstalled it but I started to get the SD errors I mentioned randomlly. The last time my mobile suffered a SD card error was when I had some audio recorded and I tried to upload it to Dropbox and suddenly an SD error occured.

Haven't seen anybody else reporting this problem.

Perhaps it's a hardware problem?

Maybe, I don't know, but I only got this errors with Jonzalvos and AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Maybe, I don't know, but I only got this errors with Jonzalvos and AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack

I get the impression that several people are using dakok's Nitro A310 v3 repack and nobody else has reported this problem as far as I know.

slime00

slime00

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Devices:Lenovo A820; Coolpad F1

slime00

slime00

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip