Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Yeah I managed,everyting underwent fine,thanks to both.

Now I'm going to install Baidu :)

For some reason it stuck at boot logo and wont load past boot logo so I'm going to install newest stock ROM.

There shouldn't be a boot loop. I tested it and have several reports from others that flashing went fine.

Did you do all the wipes exactly like this:

- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition

- Mounts and storage: Format System, Cache, Data. Go back

- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, Reboot recovery

- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)

- Reboot to system

Edited by dakok

Guest matejsolid

There shouldn't be a boot loop. I tested it and have several reports from others that flashing went fine.

Did you do all the wipes exactly like this:

Not exactly,I didnt wipe data and didnt format.

Now I reverted to stock ROM,did by steps but I guess he lost root privileges and when I try to flash it says set_perma_failed.

So now I must again root and then try to install ?

Guest matejsolid

To add more drama,now I cant install stock ROM,also stuck at F1 boot image ( logo ).

When I select to flash it starts and then just returns to index of CWM recovery.

I have read that recovery is causing this problem but I dont get idea why would it cause ....

Guest matejsolid

Formatting data causes soft brick... Only wipe data dont't format!!. If You formatted data you must flash the official rom with Coolpad Download Assistant...

Could you provide me with link ?

As I sad I tried installing stock ROM which dakok left on first page of this thread,but weird things happens as I select he just returns to main menu of CWM recovery.

I did everything by instructions and you say formatting data causes soft brick,I'm little bit confused right now ?

Guest borsosg

You can read it from the second post :" Easy original Factory Rom installation" Click the show button, and you will see the description. After flashig you must root the phone with Vroot 1.7.8, then install Mobile Uncle tools, and update recovery to cwm or twrp. Soon I will share a google drive link, where you will find everything you need for flashing.

Mounts and storage: Format System, Cache, Data. Go back - it wont soft brick phone

I do it every time I flash roms in CWM and it won't brick anything. 

You can easily restore your previous backup through CWM I guess.

I am 100% sure you're doing something wrong there during procedure

Which recovery you use?.

Edited by dakok

Guest borsosg

I use TWRP, and it is two option to erase data: wipe, and format. I tried the format data, and my phone went to bootloop (softbrick). Only the original CPB flashing solved the problem for me. I think in TWRP format data means formatting data partition fully...

Edited by borsosg

I guess you are right, I used TWRP for some time and was nervous about choosing format/data there.

I didn't do that in the end.

But you can probably restore all partitions with TWRP backup...

In CWM it is different it seems - you can freely do format data in Mounts and storage menu

Guest borsosg

I tried to use TWRP backup, but it dosen't worked... I always received an error when I tried to restore the backup. As I said only the official CPB flashing solved the problem.

Guest matejsolid

Well I solved it.

Installed 4.4 Kitkat fun unfortunately in Chinese and then did wipe data/cache/dalvik and installed Baidu eng with gapps which Dakok uploaded and now is working fine.

Anyway,dakok how to restore normal android keyboard,this one with rom is weird and I cant type normally like I'm used hehe

EDIT : random reboots :/

@borsosg

Thanks, added to the first page to be more visible :D 

I've done everything as explained and I dont understand which one was cwm which I placed in root folder of Coolpad internal memory ?

....I didnt wipe data and didnt format.
Now I reverted to stock ROM,did by steps but I guess he lost root privileges and when I try to flash it says set_perma_failed.

So now I must again root and then try to install ?

To add more drama,now I cant install stock ROM,also stuck at F1 boot image ( logo ).

When I select to flash it starts and then just returns to index of CWM recovery.

I have read that recovery is causing this problem but I dont get idea why would it cause ....

As I sad I tried installing stock ROM which dakok left on first page of this thread,but weird things happens as I select he just returns to main menu of CWM recovery.

I did everything by instructions and you say formatting data causes soft brick,I'm little bit confused right now ?

Well I solved it.

Installed 4.4 Kitkat fun unfortunately in Chinese and then did wipe data/cache/dalvik and installed Baidu eng with gapps which Dakok uploaded and now is working fine.

Anyway,dakok how to restore normal android keyboard,this one with rom is weird and I cant type normally like I'm used hehe

EDIT : random reboots :/

I am really confused right now... :D  :D :D

Edited by dakok

Guest jay0ind

I think you faced md5 checksum error issue...if you faced md5 checksum error, I have a solution for restore md5...

Guest matejsolid

Basically I was able to install ROM :)

But for example I tried to install Coolpad Lite root ROM and I got status 7 error : installation aborted.

The problem is obviously in recovery,I have newest CWM 6.0.5.0..

Arghh always problems with custom roms :S

I uploaded to my google Drive: official 039 CPB, Coolpad Download Assistant 1.85, Vroot 1.7.8, Mobile Uncle Tools apk, CWM 6.0.5.0 English, and TWRP 2.4.4 English. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6aG11d3RldHFhSDQ&usp=sharing

@borsosg

Thanks, added to the first page to be more visible :D

dakok - link to borsosg's stuff seems to be missing/not working in the second post in the thread?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/#entry2212206

Edited by dalyer

Guest a_stefane

Basically I was able to install ROM :)

But for example I tried to install Coolpad Lite root ROM and I got status 7 error : installation aborted.

The problem is obviously in recovery,I have newest CWM 6.0.5.0..

Arghh always problems with custom roms :S

I had also problems with CWM6050 and I returned to cwm6030

Guest corvettec3

I uploaded to my google Drive: official 039 CPB, Coolpad Download Assistant 1.85, Vroot 1.7.8, Mobile Uncle Tools apk, CWM 6.0.5.0 English, and TWRP 2.4.4 English. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6aG11d3RldHFhSDQ&usp=sharing

I tried to upgrade from official 036 to 039( I receive message for download 23mb). I launch recovery.img (twrp or cwm)  by mobileuncletools and I make backup. I restore, I launch recovery.img but phone doesn't download upgrade.

What version of twrp or cwm I need? 

Guest jay0ind

I tried to upgrade from official 036 to 039( I receive message for download 23mb). I launch recovery.img (twrp or cwm)  by mobileuncletools and I make backup. I restore, I launch recovery.img but phone doesn't download upgrade.

What version of twrp or cwm I need? 

you need original stock recovery for official upgrade...

You mean without creating a CWM/TWRP backup on one and restoring it on the other?

I presume there's no risk to IMEI duplication/corruption here but just in case maybe backup first?