Could a Mod please pin this thread?
WINDOWS Users (RKTools17):-
Firstly you need to decide which ROM you would like to install, download it, unzip it and keep it somewhere for later:-
1) Complete Stock v1.3.1 (Big thanks to CaptainMidnight for providing this rom) mirror available here.
2) Rooted Stock v1.3.1 (This is the same as the complete stock ROM above (1) but it was rooted with the Kingo app)
3) Rooted + ClockworkMod Recovery Stock v1.3.1 (This is the same as the ROM above (2) but the standard recovery has been replaced with ClockwordMod Recovery v220.127.116.11)
Please note: All These ROMS contain the [T] button and associated Bloat
How to install Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit drivers & Flash a ROM (Drivers DO NOT work on Windows 8):-
1) Make sure your Hudl is booted and USB debugging is enabled under "Settings>Developer Options".
If you dont have "Developer Options" under "Settings" then do the following:-
Open "Settings>About Tablet", keep repeatedly pressing on "Build Number" until you get a notification that you are now a Developer.
"Developer Options" has now been unlocked and visible under "Settings".
2) Download these Files ABD.zip & rktools17.zip, then extract them to respective folders on your desktop.
3) Now plug in your Hudl to a USB2 port (not a USB HUB nor a USB3 port) to install the drivers,
Windows will attempt to install 3 drivers but one of the drivers will fail,
dont worry, look inside the folder where you extracted ADB.zip and run "AdbDriverInstaller.exe", once run you can see the failed driver reported in the programs window, so highlight it and then click on "Install".
4) Start a command window on the ADB folder (Right click + Shift on the "ADB Folder">Command Shell Here or CMD).
5) Type the following command then press the enter key, this will put the Hudl into Bootloader mode:-
adb reboot bootloader
Windows will now try and fail to install another driver.
You have to manually install/update this driver via Device manager in windows, point device manager to the previously extracted zip folder "\rktools17\RockusbDriver\x64\win7".
If your windows installation is the 32 bit version then point device manager to the alternative x86 folder.
The driver should be called "Rock USB Device" when installed correctly.
6) Now that all drivers are installed correctly we can flash the ROM:-
right Click on "RKBatchTool.exe" and "run as Administrator".
The app loads and you should see a green square on the bottom left indicating the Hudl is connected.
Click on the 3 dots to load the "IMG" file of your choice , then click on "Restore" to flash this IMG file.
Progress percentage is reported in rktools and your Hudl will re-boot automatically.
Linux Users please see Post #56 in this Thread
Edited by sirius-c, 06 April 2015 - 11:47 AM.