Any info on modding Huawei Y530?

Guest S3RiOUSS

Guest S3RiOUSS

Hello there i have been using custom roms for a while on my old zte blade and it was a lot of fun,and im greatfull to all people who made it possible.I just got myself new huawei y530 with android 4.3 and the rom is quite fast,but i see a lot of potential in modding overclocking and kitkat on this devie,so i just wanted to know are there any plans by cm team or dazzozzo for modding this phones rom?Thanks in advance for reply!:-)

Guest KonstaT
Huawei hasn't released kernel source for this device. You can't do anything interesting without that.

I think Huawei has also priced themselves out with this device. This costs 129€ here in Finland and it's the same price at least in Italy. Moto E has the same chipset (msm8210), has better specs otherwise (twice the amount of RAM, better display) and it's even going to cost 10-20€ less delivered to your home door from Amazon. Moto E is also definately going to attract more dev interest (good if you're a flashaholic, but not necessarily from my perspective ;)).

I'm in a desparate need of a new toy. :P I'm most likely going to buy some msm8210 device soon but not sure which one. I had my eyes on this one before Moto E and now ZTE Open C. It's just these crappy Chinese OEMs that always have hard time complying to GPL...

Guest S3RiOUSS

First of all thanks for that answer...second of all i get what ur saying and i would also go for moto or zte but the thing is here in serbia its hard to find a place that sells phones with good specs and have decent price,its either really high end or bottom of the line phones.There is really no good middle class devices.This is the best i could get performance/price wise...also its too expensive ti buy over ebay or amazon...stupid laws!

Again thanks for the answer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...