[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

That's something that I won't fix since the stock ROM does the exact same thing. I think it's the intended behavior for the Y300 and that it happens at the kernel level. To the average user I don't think it's that important either because it's not like they're rebooting their phone daily and mounting it to their PC often.

It's possible to modify the kernel so that it defaults to MTP, so I could post the kernel as an addon for people who really want it.

It works perfectly here. Every single time it defaults to MTP.

There's not much else I can suggest since that's the only command to set MTP and for me it sets it to MTP.

Edited by H3ROS

Performance stuff. It'll actually change slightly after the next update as I'm going to be reverting a change to boost SD card speeds. Why? Because it works great for people with class 10 SD cards, but for people with slower cards or just poor/fake class 10 cards it causes slowdowns.

Performance stuff. It'll actually change slightly after the next update as I'm going to be reverting a change to boost SD card speeds. Why? Because it works great for people with class 10 SD cards, but for people with slower cards or just poor/fake class 10 cards it causes slowdowns.

I just checked, I have Class 4 sd card, is that the reason why i have some slowdowns when apps are installed?

Edited by krux3r

It might be yeah. If you've gave the file manager root with read and write access then you could edit the file. Just remove the following line and then reboot.

echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;

It might be yeah. If you've gave the file manager root with read and write access then you could edit the file. Just remove the following line and then reboot.

echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
Yes this was causing slowdowns. Thank you. Hope you will fix this in future updates.

Yes this was causing slowdowns. Thank you. Hope you will fix this in future updates.

This is not a bug, the low SD card class is not a thing that a dev can expect

Edited by fonz93

Guest SIMONPRO

Hey H3ROS

i am impressed by battery life, and overall the rom performance.

But i am now experience the slow response or lags when open apps.

and can you add zram or swap and will it increase performance or just cause other problems

and can you add some tweaks inside the rom like trimming automatically, sd card speed, change default storage

that all  :D

one more thing when is the next update and what new, please could you add the kitkat dialer on this rom :D

GOOD WORK  :)

Guest luca020400

Hey H3ROS

i am impressed by battery life, and overall the rom performance.

But i am now experience the slow response or lags when open apps.

and can you add zram or swap and will it increase performance or just cause other problems

and can you add some tweaks inside the rom like trimming automatically, sd card speed, change default storage

that all  :D

one more thing when is the next update and what new, please could you add the kitkat dialer on this rom :D

GOOD WORK  :)

1 : Swap doesn't work with stock kernel . Install synopsis kernel

2 : The rom is already tweaked

3 : The rom Include fstrim , sqlite and zipalign optimizations

Edited by luca020400

Guest SIMONPRO

1 : Swap doesn't work with stock kernel . Install synopsis kernel

2 : The rom is already tweaked

3 : The rom Include fstrim , sqlite and zipalign optimizations

how does fstrim, sqlite and zpalign works, mean like do there work and when does they perform

cause i just install system tuner just to optimize, to make apps faster

Edited by SIMONPRO

Guest xxirioxx

This rom works perfectly, there are no lags. If you notice some slowdown try to replace facebook with fast and change the minfree value from 44MB to 75MB. And remember to install Greenify too ;) 

This rom works perfectly, there are no lags. If you notice some slowdown try to replace facebook with fast and change the minfree value from 44MB to 75MB. And remember to install Greenify too ;)

For all users who use Facebook, here is a great replacement: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2864561

It just uses WebView to display m.facebook.com. Try it its great.

Guest talenat92

just installed this rom today and i am impressed with it general speed and performance :)

what kernel can i use with it to enable swap,is this room cm or stock based? cant seem to find that info

other but that,really nice room,it is a different level in terms of performance comapred with 4.4. Ofc,4.4 has its advantages, but this rom negates them by pure performance :D

just installed this rom today and i am impressed with it general speed and performance :)

what kernel can i use with it to enable swap,is this room cm or stock based? cant seem to find that info

other but that,really nice room,it is a different level in terms of performance comapred with 4.4. Ofc,4.4 has its advantages, but this rom negates them by pure performance :D

Synopsis kernel is the best I guess, search the forums for it.

Guest Domstadt

Watch PM please ;)

Guest luca020400

You have to change build.prop

persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd

to

persist.sys.main_storage=internal_sd

Should work 

Edited by luca020400