[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

In my case is the same, but only when i am opening some heavy application, or have some on the background. In others cases is this ROM really very fast.

@H3ROS

Will you please include fix for dispatching media when using device as USB mass storage?

I dont have so much heavy apps, when I was on stock there were a lot of launcher redraws mbut now its all great.

Guest StewieTech

H3ROS, hello. I have a problem with your rom that also happened with other stock roms such as fusionx. When i boot for the first time and i´m choosing the language, it is in english and i scroll the status bar and everthing is fine, both icons on the top are fine but then when i choose Portuguese and continue, the date on status bar gets bigger(ex: english to portuguse: 26 September 2014 -> 26 de Setembro de 2014) and both icons get pushed to the right and the most right icon, the one that clears activity, get half outside the screen. Can you help me with this? Thanks a lot.

Guest StewieTech

Screenshot_2014_09_26_14_31_19.png

I installed the rom and nothing else. No kernel, no mods, nothing. I entered my google settings, and when i reached homescreen i restarted the phone as OP advices. Changing the language to Portuguese resultes in what you see in screenshot; the right button gets half offscreen. Thanks.

Guest luca020400

Do you know how to decompile and modify the packages ??

If yes you can do it else i can do it when i back home ( ~ 3 hours )

Edited by luca020400

Very slow rom, i'm really disappointed, this ROM has nothing to AOSP

You must follow the install instructions. They're important otherwise you end up with broken processes.

Also if you've got an SD card that's almost full or it's just slow then it'll slow things down, especially if you're moving apps to it.

As someone else mentioned, there's also a line you can remove from 01extra to remove an SD card tweak that can improve speed.

@ tesla608

When using UMS you can't access anything from the phone at the same time. That's the way it works on all Android phones.

@ StewieTech

I can reproduce that issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it without it effecting everyone else. Shortening the strings like luca mentioned is one method and the other is to give the icons a fixed position, but then that can also run into issues of it's own.

Guest StewieTech

@ StewieTech

I can reproduce that issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it without it effecting everyone else. Shortening the strings like luca mentioned is one method and the other is to give the icons a fixed position, but then that can also run into issues of it's own.

Well, if you manage a solution by next update i´d apreciate it. Thanks. ;)

Screenshot_2014_09_26_14_31_19.png

I installed the rom and nothing else. No kernel, no mods, nothing. I entered my google settings, and when i reached homescreen i restarted the phone as OP advices. Changing the language to Portuguese resultes in what you see in screenshot; the right button gets half offscreen. Thanks.

I have the same issue in spanish, or even worst because "septiembre" is even longer

Guest tesla608

@ tesla608

When using UMS you can't access anything from the phone at the same time. That's the way it works on all Android phones.

Some media paths sets before using device as UMS are broken just after connecting back SD card to the device - for example notification sounds in Telegram app are lost and i must set it again after stop using device as UMS

Some media paths sets before using device as UMS are broken just after connecting back SD card to the device - for example notification sounds in Telegram app are lost and i must set it again after stop using device as UMS

That's actually an Android 4.1.x issue in general. I posted links a good few pages back about the problem.

If you use the internal 1GB of memory then the ringtones stick. They'll also stick sometimes if you use this folder layout instead...

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications/
/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/

The stock Huawei ROM's have the same problem.

Edited by H3ROS

I've gone RED :D :D

Just brought Xiaomi Redmi 1S !!!!

But will defenetly install this ROM as i'm not gonna leave Y300...i'll give it to my sis :D

Kra1o5 is working on (and made it) kitkat for Redmi....Happy :O

Guest luca020400

I've gone RED :D :D

Just brought Xiaomi Redmi 1S !!!!

But will defenetly install this ROM as i'm not gonna leave Y300...i'll give it to my sis :D

Kra1o5 is working on (and made it) kitkat for Redmi....Happy :o

I know :(

goodbye

how i can config to wake up the device with volume up/down keys?

Try this: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.spazedog.xposed.additionsgb

The power key is normally the only key that can turn on the device without an app creating a wake lock, so it might not work how you want it to.

@SH3H1

That's not a bad looking phone. The specs are a lot better than the Y300/G510 :)

@matteussz_

I can't seem to reproduce that. I did install CM10 to see how that handles it compared to AOSP.

post-954400-0-78510900-1411824994_thumb. post-954400-0-56633500-1411825005_thumb.

As you can see, there's no good solution. Obviously how CM limits the text it'll display to make things fit is something that I need to look into though.

Update: CM10 uses computeDateViewWidth() to do what you can see in the above pictures. There's too many changes for me to easily patch them in. I need to come up with a better solution.

Edited by H3ROS

You must follow the install instructions. They're important otherwise you end up with broken processes.

Also if you've got an SD card that's almost full or it's just slow then it'll slow things down, especially if you're moving apps to it.

As someone else mentioned, there's also a line you can remove from 01extra to remove an SD card tweak that can improve speed.

@ tesla608

@ StewieTech

ohh one more thing i remembered H3RO dude... i asked u to make status bar to go up from touching anywhere on it like its in Cm 10.1....