[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

So far so good, i like the rom very much! Simple and clean. I thought that you are going to use modding33k's kernel, why didnt you? Im just curious. And thank you for your work so much!

Oh, and im using tapatalk, and got no problems..

I didn't use his kernel because he's been changing a lot of stuff and it's not considered stable yet. Like one day his kernel might have an issue due to a change he's made and the next it might be fixed. So I've gone with the tried and trusted CeXstel kernel, but improved on it myself so that it works really well with the ROM. So for example it'll correctly use frandom and options to control the LMK (low memory killer) so that core important apps don't get closed.

I guess the other reason is that my modded kernel in combination with the ROM changes can score 7829 in AnTuTu benchmark without using zRAM or SWAP, which I believe is pretty good for the Y300.

That's pretty awesome if it actually works now. Obviously I couldn't test it on a Y300, but I'd left things open so that I'd be able to if I got a G510.

Is that actually the official NFC though or a mod that happens to work?

@ adamblade

Go to clock settings and enable the master switch and then reboot. That should fix things.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest adamblade

I didn't use his kernel because he's been changing a lot of stuff and it's not considered stable yet. Like one day his kernel might have an issue due to a change he's made and the next it might be fixed. So I've gone with the tried and trusted CeXstel kernel, but improved on it myself so that it works really well with the ROM. So for example it'll correctly use frandom and options to control the LMK (low memory killer) so that core important apps don't get closed.

@ adamblade

Go to clock settings and enable the master switch and then reboot. That should fix things.

thanks!

Guest POmniac

Thank you very much for your great ROM. Everything is smooth and beautiful especially full screen caller pictures, enabled in gravity box.

Guest Picvajzmen

post-1026781-14027558974242_thumb.jpg is this normal to have all those google services? [emoji15]

Maybe its a noob question,but i dont remember having them before...

Edited by Picvajzmen

Guest H3ROS

Yep, totally normal. You might even see Google Play Services show up under battery usage now too because Huawei didn't correctly set the power profile up at all. I have, so now you'll see things as they really are.

Guest Picvajzmen

Yeah, i saw it under battery usage and i thought that something defenetly was wrong. [emoji1] Oh, and great job on galery, it was crap and now is great!

The ram usage is now corect then?

Edited by Picvajzmen

Guest H3ROS

The RAM usage is correct and you should find that in most cases you'll have plenty free for apps to run :)

@ Domino2115

Currently my own since that's what the ROM's tuned for. You'll get great results in benchmarks and I make use of most of the kernel features, some of which Synopsis doesn't have.

Once Synopsis is stable and contains the same features then maybe it'll perform well. At the moment it doesn't have LMK app control, the same dynamic fsync patches or any CPU or GPU overclocking.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Picvajzmen

At the moment it says that i have only 26 mb of ram which is kind a low but the phone is running smoothly and without any problems.

Guest H3ROS

Unlike a desktop operating system unused memory is wasted memory on Android. So although you've got 26MB free the LMK (low memory killer) should kill any background apps if it needs the memory for something else that you're trying to run.

What I tend to do is hold down the home button and then press the clear button. Doing that you'll free up some more memory, but that also depends on what apps you've got and if they're running a service.

Guest H3ROS

I don't use performance control since the ROM's already optimized, but doesn't that have an option to set the settings at boot? I know that No-frills CPU Control works, as does SetCPU (free via XDA).

Guest H3ROS

When installing the ROM did you format everything but the SD card? And if you used anything to restore data then you only restored the data and not the data + apk, right?

I just tested SetCPU and that correctly set the CPU speed to whatever I made it. So can anyone else confirm that it works fine?

Guest barnir

Extra notes:

You can download the IRS Starter Pack for ViPER4Android from here. Personally though I use TRacks DeEssed Master 2 which you can download from here.

Remember to enable compatibility mode in ViPER4Android if you use any other sound mods, although you probably don't because ViPER4Android is the best thing out there anywth

this makes good diference on sound quality? i think the worst part of stock roms are the volume, usually i only boost the volume on viper, cause i dont rly understand the settings about this audio stuff xd

Guest H3ROS

It can do. Of course the settings depend on what earphones or headphones you use.

My settings:

UI setting = Moderate

Master power = Enabled

Convolver = Enabled

Impulse response = TRacks DeEssed Master 2

Viper Clarity = Enabled

Clarity level = 3.5 dB

Output Gain = 6.0 dB

The files for the impulse response go to /sdcard/ViPER4Android/Kernel/

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

You shouldn't need to do that. You just need to check if it's active and then it'll notice that it's already setup. But you should use power saving.