MSM 7627a media profiles (XML)

Just thought to share my find: https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627a/tree/media?h=LNX.LA.3.8_RB1.2 | https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/device/qcom/common/tree/media?h=LNX.LA.3.8_RB1.2

Dunno whether they work and if it helps with anything rolleyes.gif

You definitely should remove the FullHD profile. If you select "on accident" your gallery will crash on video mode and you will have to restore an Nandroid-Backup

Edited by Guest

Generally said: they define some bitrates, audio/video codecs, resolutions, etc.

The best is: compare those files with your existing ones and see whether you can solve/improve something.

Since there are too many different ROMs out there and many ROM developers touched those files I cannot give any general advice sadly.

Can these solve this awful speaker sound that this phone has ? Thank you for the find.

What exactly do you mean? Are you referring to the the quality of the speakers or the loudness?

I were able to enable 720p video recording mode with the help of those files biggrin.png . But that's something others have done too, already rolleyes.gif

Nothing new, nothing special. I guess using the search function will result into a few hits blush.png

Guest bogdanwp

Sorry. I never listen on headphones so i mean the loudness of the speaker , yes. When you play music on the speaker or even when you talk on the phone. I noticed different roms have pretty big differences as to the maximum amount of volume you can set to in-call and speaker. Generally speaking i noticed that CM roms improved a lot on the speaker volume , in CM11 they seem to have done it the best but i don`t know why after the general introduction of FM Radio the volume went pretty close to stock roms.

Don't know. Need to browse those trees more closely.

@bogdanwp: you can test if it helps if you try this terminal command: setprop lpa.decode false. It will disable "Low Power Audio". This entry can also be add to the build.prop. But it might get overwritten by some other init-scripts. To be sure this setting is getting enforced you should create an init.d script (if supported by your kernel).