[Request] Update number of chips Qualcomm snapdragon s4 play for android 4.3.x - 4.4.x and future versions

Guest jor1196

Guest jor1196
hello I made this topic to post my request on upgrade chip snapdragon s4 play because the gpu and other components do not work 100% in several terminals using roms with android 4.3.x - 4.4.x such as: 
HTC Desire SV, 
HTC Desire X, 
Huawei Ascend G510, 
Huawei Ascend Y300, 
LG Optimus L7 II (Dual) 
Orange Nivo, 
GeeksPhone Peak +, 
Nokia X, X + Nokia, Nokia XL, 
Samsung Galaxy Core, 
ZTE / Vtelca V8200 +, 
Cherry Mobile Flare S100 

So here is the link so you can sign the petition and help us all

Guest commandline1984

There is only one way to force Manufacturers tu update their stuff on a regular basis:

Vote with your wallet. Buying cheap and requesting stuff later wont work. Just dont buy from vendors that dont Update.

Just being realistic here.

Guest thetonyxx

Vote with your wallet. Buying cheap and requesting stuff later wont work. Just dont buy from vendors that dont Update.

my next device is a motorola moto ...

Guest bogdanwp

There is only one way to force Manufacturers tu update their stuff on a regular basis:

True , doesn`t hurt to try though

Guest commandline1984

True , doesn`t hurt to try though

True. But put youself in qualcomms shoes:

Some people requesting that you put work in something that is already surpassed several time. You wont make any money from that. Your customers (Nokia, Huawei, etc) wont make any money from that. All you get is work. No benefits.

Then you got a new Product that sells well and makes good money already.

Now tell me: Why sould qualcomm (or anyone else for that matter) update their drivers to 4.3-4.4?

Guest commandline1984

Some devices are fresh. If they update their drivers that phones will be more sell. So why not?

Yes. fresh low cost devices never designed to be updated to 4.3 let alone to 4.4.

Just because something is still being sold doesnt mean its kept up to date.

EDIT: Maybe they will update their drivers if we get 40.000 signings where each one that signed pledges 20 Bucks. Like a Kickstarter. Or we wait till there is a viable freedreno/lima solution. Or we do what the manufactures intend us to do: Go on and buy a new device like Sheep because we cant stand the thought of using software that is not current enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Edited by commandline1984

Guest LotR656

Yes. fresh low cost devices never designed to be updated to 4.3 let alone to 4.4.

Just because something is still being sold doesnt mean its kept up to date.

EDIT: Maybe they will update their drivers if we get 40.000 signings where each one that signed pledges 20 Bucks. Like a Kickstarter. Or we wait till there is a viable freedreno/lima solution. Or we do what the manufactures intend us to do: Go on and buy a new device like Sheep because we cant stand the thought of using software that is not current enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

You really know to ruin something :p Well, who know. We will try, but I serious think about new device. Nexus phones are expensive, but Motorola Moto G I think is good.