Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

I am continuing the great work of IODAK http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2270308 by updating and continuing his code.

I hope you all appreciate the effort, i didn't originally intend to do this but here it is:

Source:

https://bitbucket.org/mourta/liquid_kernel_lge_p880-stable

Anykernel version, you can install this on anything but stock ROM's:

https://www.mediafire.com/?bpeylb7n7ef2ife

New version 2014-07-27:

This version includes abyssplug and wheatley and i've introduced some of my 3.4 code needed for next version along with fixes and a new hardfp full compilation.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u9ss1p5oxu6sarm/mourta-2014-07-27.zip

New verison 2014-08-01:

Reverted all code taken from the official CM kernel and cherrypicked commits from iodak, and my own commits in LKML, loaded back all of my changes and some new, optimized the FECK out of it and here we are:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0d2lucefgp15977/mourta-latest-2014-08-01.zip

New version 2014-08-12:

NOTE TO ALL! You have to set your governor to ondemand before you reboot and flash this kernel, after that you can set it to abyssplugV2.

mourta-latest-liquid-preview_-08-12.zip

Introducing a brand new cpufreq interface, abyssplugV2 (use it), fixed governor settings (all utils now make all cores run the same governor), updated core power savings, fixed boot files and ..... much more.

mourta-stable-08-14.zip

Mainly fixes and updates for stability and function.

mourta-stable-08-23.zip

For stock ROM's thanks to Pasquale Lombardi and IODAK: Mourta-stock.zip

This is a HUGE update, to install this one, you install it as usual, wait for everything to settle after reboot (kernel tweaker doing it's thing) and then you open settings/performance/tweaks and check intelliplug and set it to apply on reboot (it should automatically be applied, i set it to default) remove whatever setting you have in multicore power saving unless it's 0 and turn the phone off, wait a few seconds and turn it on again.

Baseband is updated (and now built into the kernel, makes no sense having a vital function in a module), this should fix all and any problems with that, if there are new problems or if the problems persist i'll need logs of them.

This is the last big update before i move to new grounds. Enjoy. Apparently there is more work to be done on this version before moving to the next, i can't implement things from this kernel if it's not stable.

[mourta-stable-08-26.zip

Stock kernel, as aways from Pasquale Lombardi: mourta-stock-2608.zip

This should fix the baseband wakelock / instability issues and the problem with deep sleep freezes when chargin/unplugging and in other cases too.

mourta-stable-09-02.zip

Reverted new GPU OC, this is a fixup version, it doesn't add anything new.

BIG shoutout to Guiseppe and his testing crew, thanks a million for helping make this a stable release. :)

I hope you will enjoy it.

Edited by Mourta

Works fine, but on Vanir 4.3.1 stable, no external SD-Card found/mounted. I modified fstab.x3_EXT4 with these 2 lines (one modified, one added):

/devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc2 /storage/sdcard1 vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard:auto
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/by-num/p1   /external_sd vfat defaults recoveryonly
now externalSD will be found and mounted and all seems fine.
Thanks for ur work!!!
Edited by Guest

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

@Mourta Only one question: is this version the same as the one I originally downloaded from your old xda thread, or is it a new build? Thanks! :)

Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Mourta

@Mourta Only one question: is this version the same as the one I originally downloaded from your old xda thread, or is it a new build? Thanks! :)

It's a New build, there shouldn't be any great changes. I just recompiled the toolchain used to build it because I had forgotten the hardfp option. Edited by Mourta

Guest Mourta

Works fine, but on Vanir 4.3.1 stable, no external SD-Card found/mounted. I modified fstab.x3_EXT4 with these 2 lines (one modified, one added):

/devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc2 /storage/sdcard1 vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard:auto

/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/by-num/p1 /external_sd vfat defaults recoveryonly

now externalSD will be found and mounted and all seems fine.

Thanks for ur work!!!

Strange, but I'll edit the script to recognize that ROM and use a changed fstab for it.

Thanks for the heads up. [emoji3]

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

It's a New build, there shouldn't be any great changes. I just recompiled the toolchain used to build it because I had forgotten the hardfp option.

Ok, thanks for the explanation :)

Guest Mourta

I'm going to go with a new version with the kernel, i'm forced to update some parts to my own 3.4 but i'll keep both that and an original link for it.

IF you have any problems with it, i don't want log cats, i just want to know which version you're using and in what situation you had a problem with it.

Note that if it's a problem in an app i don't use, it's unlikely that i'll fix it, i'm going by standard linux code, it's not my job to fix others apps.

I'll post a brand new all working 4.4 liquidsmooth by sunday.

You should try it regardless what you are running now, it's ... well every single thing works and it's faster than anything you have ever used and with race to idle to let the gov handle it it will have the best battry life of any rom.

If you keep with my recommendations.

Guest Mourta

Great words, I am happy when I can proof it myself...

:-)

I'm adding a lot from my 3.4 kernel to this next version, it should be seamless but i like a day of testing it myself before i release it.

I'll install it tonight and if i can go 24 hours with it working fine under heavy testing you can expect a liquid ROM and a much updated kernel with what i have myself tested to be the best governor for Tegra3. (and adjusted it to be pretty much perfect for 6 months of hard testing).

People have already used my ROM and kernel and the last review was:

I'm using it in combination with his version of LiquidSmooth, runs great. Smooth, stable (indeed the most stable i have ever had since i rooted the p880), great gps. No signal losses. Simply great work! Thanks a lot!

I agree on that, it's the same for me, every single thing works flawlessly, data, wifi, calling, recieving calls, proper volumes, it's faster than anything else and it is rock solid stable, you can use heads up or active display and it will work,  you can use voice commands and they will work flawlessly, there isn't a single thing that is wrong with it.

Oh, did i mention that with abyssplug you descend into deep sleep as soon as you stop using your phone but ramp on all processors needed when you do, you think that is going to do something for battery life?

Well, let's wait and see what you think about it come sunday.

Wait, why do i feel like a stripper?

Edited by Mourta

Guest Mourta

Hello Mourta, after 4 years back on MoDaCo for you

I never left, i just returned home.

This will be a wild ride, i've got a MASSIVE addition to the kernel and once published i won't leave this project, i'll just update it even though i have something very special brewing.

Come sunday, you can run a perfectly stable ROM and kernel that i prepped for actual release, it's unofficial code just the way you like it.

Guest daniel.mota

For anyone PM'ing me at XDA, i'm banned.

Ehrmagerd, big surprise.

So keep to this forum. :)

Well Mourta, I like xda and I'll keep following them.

But I'm also very curious about your work and I'm eager to test and use it.

For now, I'm using your kernel in official cm11 rom and it's really smooth and fast, the only thing that bothers me is the battery consumption during deep sleep. Look like it's using more battery than with the stock cm kernel. Please have a look at it, if you can. I'm using your intelliactive govenor.

As for your liquidsmooth rom, I'm really anxious to use it!

Thanks for everything, I'll keep following you here at Modaco.

Guest Mourta

Well Mourta, I like xda and I'll keep following them.

But I'm also very curious about your work and I'm eager to test and use it.

For now, I'm using your kernel in official cm11 rom and it's really smooth and fast, the only thing that bothers me is the battery consumption during deep sleep. Look like it's using more battery than with the stock cm kernel. Please have a look at it, if you can. I'm using your intelliactive govenor.

As for your liquidsmooth rom, I'm really anxious to use it!

Thanks for everything, I'll keep following you here at Modaco.

I don't care I'd you're on xda. I meant for communication with me and to follow me.

LOL. Did you seriously think that I was trying to order you not to go there?

Guest antys

Account currently disabled, ahahah long live freedom of speech.
However I have not yet tried your kernel still use the iodak10beta because with 10 I had problems of slowdowns or freeze in 3g and reboot of sim.
I changed various RIL but the problem persisted, with beta no problem.
For a good compromise battery / performance in addition to UV i imposed:

boost factor = 2, dynamic freq = 0, max normal freq = 1000000.
I would like to use midrange freq to set max boost and midrange max boost but does not work.
Also imposed these last parameters with kernel tweaker because with trickster mod some parameters are not set properly.
At last with GPU enabled for 2d battery lasts longer!!!!

Guest daniel.mota

I don't care I'd you're on xda. I meant for communication with me and to follow me.

LOL. Did you seriously think that I was trying to order you not to go there?

No, that's not what I meant.

I mean I will continue to follow the xda fórum, but will also follow you here [emoji4].

I'm looking forward to have my hands on your ROM. Will it be possible to restore the data from cm11 to your ROM?

Guest Mourta

No, that's not what I meant.

I mean I will continue to follow the xda fórum, but will also follow you here [emoji4].

I'm looking forward to have my hands on your ROM. Will it be possible to restore the data from cm11 to your ROM?

Sure thing, i don't really care as long as you keep their crap out of my threads. Don't use my kernel and complain about someone elses ROM.

You can probably use tar backups (if you're used to that) or titanium to keep your data... i don't really understand why though, i mean your actual data you can just move if it's not already on internal or external sd storage (internal sd storage is unaffected with my installations) and all you'd have to do is re-install your apps and it's pretty much an action you do once, takes 10-15 minutes and you're home free.

Just one thing, no full wipe and i don't want to hear a peep out of you until you tried it with a full wipe. I'm not going to be responsible or fixing other peoples mistakes so... You get my point i'm sure.

Oh, and you got PM.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Mourta

Alright, will do full wipes and reinstall apps as soon as I can. Thanks.

Trust me on this, it's worth the effort. ;)

You won't want to switch afterwards and you won't have to wipe between updates (unless i change something big which i never do for no good reason, read:not until 4.5 or 5.0 Android).

Edited by Mourta