[Q] Getting really desperate about this bootloop.

Guest tdutch

Guest tdutch

Hi there Modaco'ers,

Let's go right off the bat.

Last night my battery was almost empty. I flicked on my screen to see how much remained, which was 2%. I also noticed that it was very hot. I thought; "Oh well, it's been in my pocket for a while, so this is normal."

Then suddenly I also saw that it was force closing like crazy. Starting with GApps, then Trebuchet, then the Clock, just everything. Then the phone shut off because of the empty battery. I connect it to the charger and attempted to start it up, but it became stuck in a bootloop. I have no idea how it suddenly dropped into that. It started up once more but after filling in the SIM PIN, it force closed again like hell and it rebooted into the bootloop. I could slide the notification bar down and go to the settings, but couldn't tap anything there since the force close-messages kept going and the phone rebooted in the bootloop.

I tried to flash an older ROM of CM11, but to no avail. It said the installation was complete but I noticed no difference. This was proven when I tried to flash an older CW recovery which said it had installed, but the version number did not change. Then I tried to wipe data / cache / dalvik, then flashed the ROM. No results. I also tried other ROM's but sadly those don't get it out of the bootloop as well.

Then I decided to take it a step further and flashed the DarkSide Wipe thingy which is on XDA. Followed the instructions but still not out of the bootloop. It just stays at the CM animation screen, no matter what I do.

I noticed that I can't format / delete the internal storage, nor from the CW Recovery nor from my PC. I can wipe the external SD when I want to, as well as from the recovery as on the PC.

I can only boot the phone in fastboot mode and the recovery mode. Booting it normally results in a bootloop.

If I attempt to flash the update.app from the Huawei official site, I got a message I've never seen before which said:

"Update Exception

EMMC is readonly, you can't update your system"

I'm getting a little desperate since I really need it for work, appointments and other stuff. Also I don't want to get a new phone because of some stupid bootloop.

Can someone please help me with this? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance!

My phone specs are:

Huawei Ascend G510-0100

Unlocked Bootloader

Last working ROM was CM11 as of 21st July (Android 4.4.2)

CW Recovery v6.0.5.0

Guest cyanide_cat2000

OK here you go download this :- https://mega.co.nz/#!wUdGmRQR!EYQS0zftsiKQhd8f9oKpKnSQe21vMBqZtxolHJZi9Xk put it in your memory card . wipe data / factory reset , dalvik cache . now flash it !!! Voilla

Hope it helps

Edited by cyanide_cat2000

• 1 month later...

Hello, I had this exact issue on a Alcatel one touch, it was caused while changing WiFi parameter files in /system/xbin (I think) well what happend was that when I used chmod to change the new file permissions I changed the /system permissions. So then the phone started fcing like crazy and was stuck in boot loop ever after. Never could fix it

You have errors in ext4 partitions. Go to someone who is skilled with Linux & repairing. Let him try partition them one by one. Do the test with "costume" partition. If this don't work then you need someone skilled with JTAG to do the same, this won't be easy to find. Best of luck!

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest Scott_86

I'm kinda having a similar issue. I tried to unlock, and flash my phone.

I bought an unlock code and did the unlock. Went fine(Originally a Bell phone, now on rogers)

I requested a bootloader unlock code from huawei, and input that in. Using check_bootloader.bat, i see that was also successful.

Then I installed TWRP(v2.5) and that also went well.;

I then installed SuperSU which i think went well... Not too sure since before i restarted that, i went straight to trying to install slimkat(4.4.4.7.9 build) with slimkat Gapps. I got:

"E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/slim-u8833-4.4.4.bui
Updating partition details..."

and now i'm in a rebooting loop. I can still load TWRP fine, but if i try to restart without holding vol-up, it just hangs on the Ascend splash screen.

I tried an older release of slimkat(4.4.4.7.8) but still get the failed message.

Any advise, or guidance? Hope i didnt brick the thing, as i really need it working by monday.

Guest Scott_86

@ZolaIII
Tried, and same message.

"E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/slim-u8833-4.4.4.bui
Updating partition details..."

Failed

I'm hoping since i can atleast get into TWRP, i can salavage this.

And no, my backup isnt working. Worse case senario, could someone upload the bell stock backups for me? I already downloaded the clockwork one(from here)but i'm guess that isnt compatible with TWRP system.

Guest Scott_86

@ZolaIII

Cant seem to download from any of those sources.(all the links are dead)

Worst case senario, would i be able to flash the original huawei firmware(the international one, right?) with the "Power + Vol up + Vol Down" to atleast get to a usable state?(And from there work to re-start this process) or is my boot system too messed up that that would just lead to me bricking it?(Since i doubt id still have access to TWRP after that, and would prob lose my unlocked bootloader, and possibly even my unlocked sim-slot, right?)

Thanks for all the help up to this point, btw.

Guest Scott_86

*update*

Got impatient and tried doing the Huawei recovery thing, since i figured 'whatever, atleast i'll have a working phone', but it ALSO fails.

Step 1/2 is unpacking, which it does fine.

When it tries step 2/2(installing) though, i get the "Update failed" message, and it feezes. I have to take the battery out.

On the plus side, i still have access to TWRP. On the downside, it pretty much means i'm SOL with any last-ditch efforts and for all intents and purposes, the things a brick(right?)

Guest Scott_86

Figure id post a screenshot of where it fails, since i did it at the other place i'm asking for help too.

Screenshot

Edit- Dont want to bump a thread unnecessarily. Guy on another forum was able to help me out and pinpoint the issue(using an older version of TWRP) Thanks for the effort from you guys though, it deff. helped me.

Edited by Scott_86