LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

* * * * - 3 votes

640 replies to this topic

Ben36

Ben36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

At reboot it started the boot animation and after about a minute it did a soft reboot and restarted the boot animation, then it took about 5 minutes until I got to the screen where it updates the applications. ART has come a long way since I last tried it, works like a charm.

You should see the new ART on the L preview release.... Soo damn smooth and fast!

ottomanhero

ottomanhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:4x HD

My settings : 

Full wipe except internal sd card and external sd card,

CPU : 1.5 ghz max, -135 mV undervolt with lowest frequency set to 730, 2nd lowest 740 mV.
Governor : Abyssplug with cpuquiet set to balanced, row io scheduler and readahead set to 2048 KB.
GPU : 564 mhz @ 1230 mV, rest reduced -20 mV each and lowest freq -10 mV

I use latest pa mini modular 4.4.4 gapps, my tegra variant is 1.

This bug happens while launching the game, not during gameplay or anything.I think it has something to do with grouper blobs but that's just a guess.Might be due to zygote being disabled, but just a guess again.

Some logs I've found in unofficial cm11 thread, based on unofficial sources:

Real Racing 3 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 No Crash (For comprasion purposes)

Edit : Mentioned governor and tegra variant.

Edited by ottomanhero, 29 July 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Gkeko

Gkeko

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:lg O4X
Someone else has to s issue: after sending a sms, there is still wrote: SENDING...
But the sms is marked as recived

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 4x HD

My settings :

Full wipe except internal sd card and external sd card,

CPU : 1.5 ghz max, -135 mV undervolt with lowest frequency set to 730, 2nd lowest 740 mV.
Governor : Abyssplug with cpuquiet set to balanced, row io scheduler and readahead set to 2048 KB.
GPU : 564 mhz @ 1230 mV, rest reduced -20 mV each and lowest freq -10 mV

I use latest pa mini modular 4.4.4 gapps, my tegra variant is 1.

This bug happens while launching the game, not during gameplay or anything.I think it has something to do with grouper blobs but that's just a guess.Might be due to zygote being disabled, but just a guess again.

Some logs I've found in unofficial cm11 thread, based on unofficial sources:

Real Racing 3 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 Crash

Plants vs Zombies 2 No Crash (For comprasion purposes)

Edit : Mentioned governor and tegra variant.

I don't know what to tell you, I don't have any problems and the only difference between our setups is that I keep CPU at 520 and I undervolt -100.

[Edit:] And I currently use art.

Edited by Mourta, 29 July 2014 - 04:27 PM.

My stuff:

LiquidSmooth 3.2 with AD and my own optimizations

My continuation of IODAK's excellent kernel, now with 100% more ehrmagerd

Mourta-Kernel 3.4, a new beginning.

My bitbucket

Big shoutout to the Giuseppe and his testing crew, stable releases are only possible because of you.

If you would consider donating for my work then please do so in your own name to your own favourite charity. :)

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Someone else has to s issue: after sending a sms, there is still wrote: SENDING...
But the sms is marked as recived

I don't have this problem either.

My stuff:

My bitbucket

Big shoutout to the Giuseppe and his testing crew, stable releases are only possible because of you.

If you would consider donating for my work then please do so in your own name to your own favourite charity. :)

ottomanhero

ottomanhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I've decided to do a test on my own.Using the same setup but without installing any other apps.Real racing did open.

Restoring to my backup, same issue began to happen again.

Were on dalvik in both situations, tried ART now but same issue.Considering android caches your stuff in memory and installing more apps means bigger cache, perhaps it's something to do with memory management afterall.

justchris20

justchris20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:LG G2
Pls delete…

Edited by justchris20, 29 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

justchris20

justchris20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:LG G2

I've decided to do a test on my own.Using the same setup but without installing any other apps.Real racing did open.

Restoring to my backup, same issue began to happen again.

Were on dalvik in both situations, tried ART now but same issue.Considering android caches your stuff in memory and installing more apps means bigger cache, perhaps it's something to do with memory management afterall.

Maybe a app make your system unstable, restore app for app and have a look…

ottomanhero

ottomanhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Might take some time as I've got about 150 apps, but might try something similiar to find out if it's caused by any apps.

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Might take some time as I've got about 150 apps, but might try something similiar to find out if it's caused by any apps.

Keep us posted if and when you find the problem.

You might try to go to the performance settings and change the Low Memory Killer settings, it really shouldn't matter (i can't test it since i don't have this problem) but if it's a memory management bug it might help. You could also look into the VM size.

My stuff:

My bitbucket

ottomanhero

ottomanhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Been playing with VM settings for a while, I'm currently doing a factory reset and will see if the bug is still there, to see if any user apps are actually causing it.

Remembering about unofficial cm11, it had a lot of RAM free, say 500 mb or something so I'll try to focus on reducing number of cached apps rather than increasing free ram.

I got a feeling it's just about the grouper blobs but I have no idea how it works for you while it doesn't for me.I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Been playing with VM settings for a while, I'm currently doing a factory reset and will see if the bug is still there, to see if any user apps are actually causing it.

Remembering about unofficial cm11, it had a lot of RAM free, say 500 mb or something so I'll try to focus on reducing number of cached apps rather than increasing free ram.

I got a feeling it's just about the grouper blobs but I have no idea how it works for you while it doesn't for me.I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

If it had been the grouper blobs then it wouldn't have worked for me either, and it definetly does work without any problems.

Screenshot_2014-07-29-18-14-06.png

My stuff:

My bitbucket

Gkeko

Gkeko

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:lg O4X
This rom is not based on grouper blobs or?

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

This rom is not based on grouper blobs or?

Yes it is.

My stuff:

My bitbucket

ottomanhero

ottomanhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Adam77root commented 

PVZ crash logs give '410 Gone' error so can't be accessed.
The bug is very likely grouper blobs related, another incompatibility.

But yeah, it works for you and that is what I don't understand.I'll continue with my testings though.

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Adam77root commented
But yeah, it works for you and that is what I don't understand.I'll continue with my testings though.

I rebooted, tested again an it starts fine, I tried starting all Alps I have installed to fill up cache and memory and it still starts just fine.

This is extremely strange. I'm on the ROM I have posted here and the kernel from my kernel thread. I reinstalled both and tried again, still works fine.

My stuff:

My bitbucket

khaledabdo

khaledabdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 4X HD

Google search is NOT part of the launcher.

Hi Mourta

Please check attached screenshot .. yes i know that google search and Google Now are Not part of the launcher .. I am talking about the Top search Bar .. it's shown empty as you can see .. 

on the same ROM, I installed Google Now Launcher (google's official) and the bar is displayed and is working fine .. so the issue is not in the ROM nor the GApps, but in the Launcher .. :)

same issue was found in v3.1, and now on v3.2 (official and unofficial) .. 

thank you anyway for your efforts .. :)

Attached Files

Edited by khaledabdo, 30 July 2014 - 05:35 AM.

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Hi Mourta

Please check attached screenshot .. yes i know that google search and Google Now are Not part of the launcher .. I am talking about the Top search Bar .. it's shown empty as you can see ..
on the same ROM, I installed Google Now Launcher (google's official) and the bar is displayed and is working fine .. so the issue is not in the ROM nor the GApps, but in the Launcher .. :)

same issue was found in v3.1, and now on v3.2 (official and unofficial) ..

thank you anyway for your efforts .. :)

Ah, I get it.

To resolve it use the Google search widget instead, it's the same widget that is included in the Google launcher.

My stuff:

My bitbucket

ottomanhero

ottomanhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I seem to be unable to fix the problem in my nandroid backup.However, I reinstalled everything, same setup and all from 0.Real racing 3 works just fine.Guess it's just a rare bug caused by something on my end which I couldn't figure out yet, seeing you can run the game completly fine and also that it happened for 2 or 3 people so far, I guess it's not that much of an important bug.

If it happens again however, I'll not let go of it until I figure out the problem.But for now I don't have that bug.

Mourta

Mourta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

I seem to be unable to fix the problem in my nandroid backup.However, I reinstalled everything, same setup and all from 0.Real racing 3 works just fine.Guess it's just a rare bug caused by something on my end which I couldn't figure out yet, seeing you can run the game completly fine and also that it happened for 2 or 3 people so far, I guess it's not that much of an important bug.

If it happens again however, I'll not let go of it until I figure out the problem.But for now I don't have that bug.

Do that, it'd be nice to know what caused it. :)

My stuff:

My bitbucket

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users