Nexus 4 battery problem

Guest gmalin54

Guest gmalin54

My Nexus 4 has a strange problem lately : even in airplane mode the battery only lasts 15-20 hours. Even when the phone is put off with 100% battery and I switch it on 15-20 hours later, it has only 15% remaining, or even less. It has KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P). I tried to revert to the old 4.2.2 (JDQ39) using fastboot, and then all intermediate Google ROMS thru 4.4.4, and I always got the same problem. I even tried to flash CM-10.2.1-mako.zip, to no avail.
Except the battery problem, the phone works perfectly, but is next to unusable as a phone because I cannot rely on it for a whole day. I wonder if changing the battery will solve the problem ?

Guest The Soup Thief

Are you installing after a full wipe each time?

Mine (or rather, my wife's since she inherited it) went dicky like this a while back. Unfortunately since she wouldn't let me "mess about with it" (root it etc) when I passed it on to her I couldn't use Better Battery Stats to check it out so had no option but to do a full wipe and reinstall stock 4.4.4. It was fine after that

If you are doing a full wipe then you'd best check your battery stats and see what's causing the problem

Guest gmalin54

I though I was doing a full wipe since I used a script as the one following :

#!/bin/sh

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz10o.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.48.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
fastboot -w update image-occam-jdq39.zip

So I will try checking the battery stats as you advise

• 5 years later...

Nexus 4 battery problem:

Most of the time battery issue arises when the same phone is charged with charger of other cellphones who has different DC power supply for the phone , apart from that heavy Gaming Apps also affects the battery badly.?

Edited by Maxx28

Guest awarner

Phone today all use the same USB specification so battery chargers of different makes will not cause any battery related issues.

Not sure why you managed to dig up a post from five years ago?