Not loading images after slimkat flash

Guest Scott_86

Guest Scott_86

Hey, i flashed my Y300 with slimkat 7.9.201 a few days ago. Now, when i go to most direct image links, my phone wont display the image. Sometimes i'll get the bottoms right half of the image(~10% of the image) but as soon as i try to zoom in, it disapears.

This happens with the default browser, and the reddit is fun app.(and not just with links from imgur)

Anyone know whats the issue? It isnt my ISP or router, as my other devices can load the images fine. Also tried with my cell providers data plan, and still no luck.

I can still view imgur galleries, and on news sites, images will still load inside the news articles. Only seems to be when i get a direct link to the image, that it refuses to load properly.

thanks.

Guest Scott_86

Anyone have any ideas? Heres a screen cap of what i see when i try to load a direct link to an image.

AjYxWgz.png

and if i click it to see it at full resolution, it disappears completely. Kinda getting the feeling the only course of action i have is to re-flash a different rom, which would be pretty inconveinent since i just spend the last 4 days getting everything set up how i like it... and other than the iffy game quality(Cant even play stealthbastard. Gets maybe 5fps) this image thing is the only messed up thing i have run into.

That is because our devices doenst support KitKat. You can find that on all KitKat ROMs for this phone. You can try JellyBean versions or make driver :)

If that on pic is browser try to install other browser. That can help.

If you want better performance for games, try to flash different kernel, like Synopsis but fint repacked for SlimKat. If that doesnt work, install GLTools and set it right.

Edited by LotR656

Guest Scott_86

really? *ALL* kitkat roms have this issue?

Can someone recommend a rom thats got the best stability without any extra utilities? And one that can display images in the browser and apps?