Samsung Galaxy S4 VE GT-I9515 / jfvelte KERNEL/ROM

Guest phil2sat

Guest phil2sat

Hello at first.

After some days with my new Phone i found out, i don't like Touchwiz.

After rooting (towelroot/supersu)

Flashing custom recovery (using Rashr, philz touch from 9505)

I made a nandroid backup of my stockrom.

Since i tried several custom roms (slimkat 8.2 and cm11 nightly from 9505)

The problem of all roms are there is no touch/radio/wifi (i think wrong initialization in ramdisk)

I was able to get the touch to work by reflashing the stock kernel but then also no radio/wifi + wrong partition setup (no sdcards)

I have attached the extracted stock ramdisk and added a full bootup

dmesg.txt

So i hope some kerneldevs would help me and a lot of other people to get a working kernel to use with 9505 roms.

Thanks

phil2sat

Also i wish that every news about customizing s4 ve is added in this thread.

for radio you have to patch/edit cm11 updater_script where the gsm blobs are copied. Simple change i9505 to i9515 and radio/Internet works.

Code:

ifelse(is_substring("I9505", getprop("ro.bootloader")), run_program("/sbin/sh", "-c", "busybox cp -R /system/blobs/gsm/* /system/"));

To

Code:

ifelse(is_substring("I9515", getprop("ro.bootloader")), run_program("/sbin/sh", "-c", "busybox cp -R /system/blobs/gsm/* /system/"));

Edited by phil2sat

• 3 months later...

Hello at first.

After some days with my new Phone i found out, i don't like Touchwiz.

After rooting (towelroot/supersu)

Flashing custom recovery (using Rashr, philz touch from 9505)

I made a nandroid backup of my stockrom.

Since i tried several custom roms (slimkat 8.2 and cm11 nightly from 9505)

The problem of all roms are there is no touch/radio/wifi (i think wrong initialization in ramdisk)

I was able to get the touch to work by reflashing the stock kernel but then also no radio/wifi + wrong partition setup (no sdcards)

I have attached the extracted stock ramdisk and added a full bootup

dmesg.txt

So i hope some kerneldevs would help me and a lot of other people to get a working kernel to use with 9505 roms.

Thanks

phil2sat

Also i wish that every news about customizing s4 ve is added in this thread.

for radio you have to patch/edit cm11 updater_script where the gsm blobs are copied. Simple change i9505 to i9515 and radio/Internet works.

Code:

ifelse(is_substring("I9505", getprop("ro.bootloader")), run_program("/sbin/sh", "-c", "busybox cp -R /system/blobs/gsm/* /system/"));

To

Code:

ifelse(is_substring("I9515", getprop("ro.bootloader")), run_program("/sbin/sh", "-c", "busybox cp -R /system/blobs/gsm/* /system/"));

This looks easy, but is there a chance to explain me how to do that, because i would like to. Thanks :)

• 7 months later...