[PATCH] Performance improvement patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 - Updated on 2014.10.09.

Guest Arpione

Guest Arpione

I made a couple of patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 because IMHO it's the best port so far but it had some problems.

Camera driver

Taken from stock 041 rom, makes the pictures less foggy and more vivid, just like on stock roms. Dark pictures with flash is fixed.

Warning: if you installed the first version of 041 driver please install original_camera_driver.zip before installing the new one.

Camera app

Original app modified, image quality raised to the maximum to make the pictures look even better + added all supported resolutions (4:3 resolutions can be selected when the preview size is set to 4:3, the rest can be selected when it's at 16:9).

Video driver

Taken from stock 040 rom, increases 3D performance.

The patches are independent from each other, all can be installed through TWRP and CWM.

They can be downloaded here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!6gNkzApb!gyjuS3pnn-KJ8D0gr2JWlw

Edited by Arpione

Guest Arpione

I updated the camera driver to 041, this release fixes the dark picture problem with flash. 041 video driver is the same as 040 so that didn't need to be updated.

Guest tcpaulh

Thanks Arpione :) This is a big improvement. The only downside I've noticed is that HDR mode results in force close of camera app.

http://pastebin.com/0rbqCAFv
Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Arpione

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55118315&postcount=847

I want to put in this new version that has the search

music folder , but I can not find my way around here . solution?

I tried to installed apk but it will not- have already installed the same apk with other signature

Use System App Remover from the play store to remove the previous one.

Guest Arpione

Thanks Arpione :) This is a big improvement. The only downside I've noticed is that HDR mode results in force close of camera app.

http://pastebin.com/0rbqCAFv

Damn, I knew it was too easy :D Thanks for the log, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Edited by Arpione

Guest Arpione

041 camera driver fixed, HDR works, no more crashes. Anyone who installed the 041 driver I uploaded yesterday please install original_camera_driver.zip before flashing the new driver.

041 camera driver fixed, HDR works, no more crashes. Anyone who installed the 041 driver I uploaded yesterday please install original_camera_driver.zip before flashing the new driver.

Thank you again! Just one thing, what if you didn't install the 041 driver, just the 039? What should you do in that case?

Guest Arpione

Thank you again! Just one thing, what if you didn't install the 041 driver, just the 039? What should you do in that case?

Then you can install the 041 directly. My previous 041 patch replaced more files than necessary, that's why the original_camera_driver.zip is needed.

Guest Arpione

OK it's all good now , I have a problem I do not get notifications .solution?

Can't help you with that, I never had that problem on jonzalvo's rom.

Guest Arpione

thanks again for your contribution Arpione! :) I tried last version, but I think the 039 was better. I'll stay with that :)

All I could notice is that with 041, pictures seem to have a bit more contrast and are sharper, I'd hardly call that worse :) Under what conditions did you test it?

Guest slime00

in the same I test every camera, low light with flash (the most critical). At least in these conditions, they seem no better at all, don't know how it behaves outdoor with light tho, but I use it mostly in this condition. 

Guest rista1

when I have a weak signal and network my 2g / 3g happening to me that I'm not available in slot 1 and when I switch to 2g 's all right.

whether to switch to 2g / 3g only when I go on the internet and then to keep on 2g?

how many  SOT to expect

Edited by rista1

Guest Milanche78

There is Gravitybox module installed, is the Xposed framework Installer also installed, so that we could use other modules too, and is there 1 specific module for our phone, like there are for some Sony, Motorola and other brands

Edit

How to set alarm tone on this ROM?

Edited by Milanche78