I found the Devs who CAN put KitKat on the Hudl !!!

Guest B4N3

http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com

I searched Hudl in the site and got results... Arc stands for archos, they have a forum too, I think they're German not Hungarian.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

EDIT

I was slightly wrong, BUT I think the Dev needs a Hudl or more files as hinted in this request thread: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/crewrktablets-rk3188-entwicklung-customroms-development-croms/request-custom-rom-for-tesco-hudl-archos-ht7s3/#p46526

don't think they put Kit Kat on the Hudl seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAtdpr2utc

Edited by B4N3

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Good device (minus the camera), let down by support.

We gotta hope someone can help, support us on this... as it's clear Tesco's don't care about us anymore... :(

I've found another Dev who says they'll give it a go, at least we know what the hurdles are... lets not forget its been done.

Edited by B4N3

is there anything in that video that couldn't be a Jelly Bean rom altered to look like KitKat?

Can you find anything about the build number?

EDIT: the model number in the video appears to show as rk30sdk - maybe it's a rom compiled for another device?

Edited by flurry

Well when he went to the about page you can see its kitakat, I've searched the build and cant find a thing. I really do believe its been modified from another device and just shoehorned in.

BUT... I think i just found the guy who made that whole package, im sending him an email.

Edited by B4N3

Well when he went to the about page you can see its kitakat, I've searched the build and cant find a thing. I really do believe its been modified from another device and just shoehorned in.

BUT... I think i just found the guy who made that whole package, im sending him an email.

it says kitkat, but as unlikely as it is, that could be spoofed to say that even if it wasn't actually kitkat

would be interested to know if you hear back from the developer

Edited by flurry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Justice™

I was taking a look at bringing up KitKat on the hudl, till I bricked the device and eventually picked up a nexus 7 fhd. It is possible to get KitKat from other rk3188 devices to boot on the hudl, and output via the HDMI. However it's a different story trying to get it to output on the internal display (I did get it to display scrambled images on the display before I bricked it). Maybe a more experienced developer could get a fully function ROM, but since the hudl deviates from the typical RK3188 configuration (in terms of what the SoC is paired with, hardware wise), it'll be one hell of a task to make that happen

I was taking a look at bringing up KitKat on the hudl, till I bricked the device and eventually picked up a nexus 7 fhd. It is possible to get KitKat from other rk3188 devices to boot on the hudl, and output via the HDMI. However it's a different story trying to get it to output on the internal display (I did get it to display scrambled images on the display before I bricked it). Maybe a more experienced developer could get a fully function ROM, but since the hudl deviates from the typical RK3188 configuration (in terms of what the SoC is paired with, hardware wise), it'll be one hell of a task to make that happen

out of interest, what did you do to brick the hudl? the flashing mode seemed fairly water tight to me