ZTE Open C: Unable to root / unlock bootloader

Guest Kraligor

Guest Kraligor

Hello everyone,

either I am too stupid, or something is wrong with my device. I want to install CWM and then CM11.

What does work:

• installing EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip and EU_Android+to+FFOS.zip via SD-Card/Recovery
  • installing FFOS_EU_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL via Open C Upgrade Tool
  • adb

What does not work:

• although the device reboots on "adb reboot bootloader", it eventually hangs on the start screen
  • ergo fastboot doesn't work at all
  • ergo I'm unable to install CWM

Now I have gone through everything I could find on the Open C, but nothing has worked so far. Help is gladly appreciated! :)

Thanks

Oli

Guest KonstaT
Open C doesn't have a locked bootloader so there is no need to 'unlock' it. You only need to use the Windows flasher if you must have root access in the stock ZTE Firefox OS. This will allow you to update the Firefox OS top layers (gaia, gecko) using e.g. shallow flash method or built from the source.

There is no visual confirmation that you've booted into bootloader. With Firefox OS bootloader it just stays on the splash screen. On Android bootloader it's nothing but a blank screen. Reason you don't have fastboot access at this point is likely because of missing fastboot drivers. Browse through the ClockWorkMod thread and you should find a solution to this.

Guest Kraligor

Now everything starts to make sense.. Thanks! :) I think I got confused by the amounts of misinformation about flashing the Open C. I will try and report back.

Guest Kraligor

Works like a charm now!

I got fastboot working with the latest version of PdaNET.

Thanks a lot for the fast and competent support, as well as for the CM11 port! :)