Replaced Screen, WiFi Bluetooth SIM and charging not working.

Guest Cardie

Pretty much as it says in the title, ive replaced the cracked glass on my phone, every thing seems to work spot on apart from it wont pick up a network 'Emergancy calls only' the WiFi is blacked out, the blutooth isnt but when I try to switch it on it just goes back to off after 10 or so seconds and the battery wont charge it will only work plugged itno the charger, if I unplugged the charger the phone dies straight away and I know the battery has charge in it.

Ive taken it apart a fair few times now to see if there are any ribbon cables or contacts that are broke but everything looks spot on!

Any ideas thanks?

The only problem I had when I replaced the screen was getting the connection to the earpiece correct because it was a bit tricky to get things to connect properly.

Otherwise everything worked once I corrected that.

Can't really say what's wrong with yours but it doesn't sound good if you've tried to disassemble/reassemble it several times and you get the same results each time...

Is there any one particular circuit board that controls all this that could be at fault? I know all the boards ground through the back of the screen, this would be the most ideal reason for it to not be charging and only the main board working?

Sorry - I don't know.

I just went by the various device teardown and screen replacement guides and videos that I could find here and on YouTube and eventually managed to replace the digitizer and get it all working again (at the second attempt).

I tried unplugging various ribbon cables to see if they have any effect or not, all of them did apart from the far top centre one right above the camera, i unplugged it and the phone continued to work no differently, its still running on USB power, so what does that ribbon cable power? If its not effecting that then whatever its connected to might be the problem?