[ROM][4.4.2] AOSP by maucat

Guest dakok

I'm sorry usermau, but I had to make a new topic. This rom deserves it :D

This one is among better Coolpad F1 roms, it is very lightweight, has a good memory management, good camera and
it is very generous to battery. With wifi constantly turned on it easily reaches 5 hrs SOT.

I tested 12.12. release and it doesn't have any major bug except for caller black screen (or something) which
can be easily fixed with Gravitybox - Phone Tweaks - Fullscreen caller photo

12.12. relese details:

Android: 4.4.2
Baseband: Moly.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V62, 2014/09/09
Kernel: 3.4.67 Sep.12 2014
Build: AOSP C8297W MAU

Try DCikonZ and Elegance icon packs and enlarge icons in launcher to 145% :D

Download (watch out for updates here, too)

Bug reports by dalyer

19.12. update changelog

19.12. Caller unknown (black screen) still present (use that gravitybox  tweak to solve it)

Edited by dakok

Guest 77chedu

Geolocation could be a little tricky, resulting in weather widgets not syncing correctly for instance

In order to make it work, you'll have to install maps, and that will trigger a google services update. Reboot and you should be good to go

Guest mindtrapper

nice,waiting for an update with a newer kernel..

Any specific reason you want newer kernel? I'm only asking because lately we learned that the JB 015 kernel is the reason the gamer AOSP gets such high Antutu 3d score (see Spanish forum where they put 015 kernel in Jonzalvo's pure AOSP and get 9k+ 3d. So newer isn't always better...

Guest Arpione

While this is called AOSP it has 2 annoying modifications:

the gray-black gradient background (for example in settings) has been replaced with plain black which makes the UI too contrasty

the animations have been changed, everything moving around all the time makes me sick  :D

Other than these it seems to be fine.

Some screenshots from earlier version:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-186#entry2243934

And on moviledualsim (Spanish site - use Google/Chrome translation if necessary):

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/infocus_coolpad8297w-multilenguaje-4pda-ru-by-maucat.89127/

One person's opinion on pros and cons:

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/infocus_coolpad8297w-multilenguaje-4pda-ru-by-maucat.89127/page-6#post-901178

Edited by dalyer

Guest a_stefane

installed last AOSP 4.4 maucat from yesterday 18.12.2014; first comments:

- Dolphin browser doesn't work ; CM Browser works

- Xposed and GravityBox is ok

- sim cards have to be without security password before rom installation, otherwise the sim doesn't works

I gave 12.12. release details in OP. Download link points to

18.12. rom. I will flash it later...

Updated again - don't know what the changes are:

https://yadi.sk/d/lyakJ_MFd7TTo

AOSP_KitKat_4.4.2.zip
Owner: usermau
Size: 253,2 MB
Modified: 19.12.2014 02:55
Downloaded: 537 times
Link viewed: 1552 times

Maybe the original 4pda.ru thread will have something in terms of changelogs?

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=595613

Edited by dalyer

Please note - this post is no longer maintained and is most likely no longer up to date!!!!

Would it be worth maintaining an issue/problem/bug report thread for this ROM?

If so I can volunteer and make a stab at an initial list of stuff that I have seen reported (but not necessarily proven) so far and will try to keep it updated.

Chagelogs for updated versions would help but so far don't seem to be available.

I didn't bother tagging reports with the version used (yet) as it's not always obvious from the reports posted.

Note that most of these are anecdotal reports by one or more individuals and not necessarily verified as general bugs/issues!

If you experience any of these please post in the thread so we can gather more info and try to establish which are bugs and which are problems specific to individual installations.

1. Caller black screen - reported by dakok along with a Gravitybox workaround
  2. Grey/black gradient background (e.g. in settings) replaced with plain black which makes UI too "contrasty" - Arpione Fixed
  3. The animations have been changed, everything moving around all the time makes me sick - Arpione Fixed?
  4. Dolphin browser not working - a_stefane, dakok
  5. sim cards have to be without security password before rom installation, otherwise the sim doesn't works - a_stefane
  6. Problems with SIM contacts on SIM2 - Milanche78 - fixed in 19Dec2014 release?
  7. Dialer app "ugly/unfriendly" - Milanche78
  8. ExDialer cannot see contacts - Milanche78 but brusss disagrees
  9. Can't add SIM contact - dakok
  10. Some Play Store apps not compatible - albertazzo - possible DPI asjustment solution from mindtrapper?
  11. NVRAM wifi error and/or lost/zero/non unique MAC address - KennyPowers2000, Alg0r1thm - may be common to some or all custom ROMs? Possible solutions here, here and here? But do these solutions leave multiple devices with the same MAC address anyway?
  12. Poor signal or losing mobile signal? - korekore1cc001, muxa1980. Fixed in 31st Dec version according to Hormon? These changes may have addressed the problem. Phiber Optik also reports this as fixed in 31st Dec version so I'll strike it out now. If you think you have a weak signal problem then it may simply be a UI issue according to korekore1.
  13. LED not working, charging not working, high CPU temp? - dmrtn
  14. Autorotation sometimes stops - st3epb4ck
  15. GPS not working - 77chedu but working for vassilis91. Works OK for 77chedu after a reflash although taking "a little longer than usual".
  16. Security > Screen lock > PIN fails - "Unfortunately Settings has stopped" - Pivko76, baniko 
    PIN, password, voice unlock options not working - Phiber Optik
  17. Some widgets - e.g. retro clock don't work - Pivko76
  18. USB debugging sometimes spontaneously switches off - korekore1 Fixed by usermau in 6th Jan 2015 update?
  19. Problems with root and 3 colour LED (not clear what problems exactly) - korekore1
  20. Tune set as alarm in Alarm Clock Xtreme gets replaced by a random number on every reboot - Arpione Fixed?
  21. Settings remain in English even if system locale/language changed. Problem since 18th Dec? - 77chedu
  22. Settings button missing from system tray? - 77chedu
  23. In power menu "reboot" option not translated to English from Russian - Phiber Optik Fixed by usermau in 6th Jan 2015 update
  24. Random restarts on opening certain apps - may be due to tweaks or Nova and not the ROM itself? - Phiber Optik, korekore1
  25. Personal ringtones, when you assign a ringtones to a contact after every restart your choose disappear - Saša Ušić
  26. Power saving mode setting is inverted (?) - korekore1 Workaround from 77chedu
  27. Serbian translations missing from 7th January 2015 version - rista1

Spanish forum (use Google/Chrome translate) - one person's pros and cons list.

Edited by dalyer

I didn't flash those after 12.12. Is there a way to save a contact to SIM card? I can't :(

I will move that to the OP, thanks for the effort :)

Edited by dakok

Guest albertazzo

Hello guys, yesterday I installed version of maucat 18:12 and the only bug I found, that some applications on the play store I are not compatible with my device.
For the rest of the phone is just fine

I didn't flash those after 12.12. Is there a way to save a contact to SIM card? I can't :(

I will move that to the OP, thanks for the effort :)

Maybe better to link to the post as I will continue to update it if it proves useful.

In fact I already have! :D

Guest mindtrapper

I would bet Play store has trouble with the changed dpi in the rom. Happens all the time since I have started messing with Android (3-4 years).

Find this line in build.prop:

ro.sf.lcd_density=280

and comment it out:

#ro.sf.lcd_density=280

or delete it. That changes the dpi to normal. Then try the Play store again. Better do it in the zip before you flash the rom.

Cheers.

19.12. release fixed SIM contacts access. I don't have second SIM to try. Dolphin doesn't work. Location in cLock works.

Edited by dakok

Guest albertazzo

I would bet Play store has trouble with the changed dpi in the rom. Happens all the time since I have started messing with Android (3-4 years).

Find this line in build.prop:

ro.sf.lcd_density=280

and comment it out:

#ro.sf.lcd_density=280

or delete it. That changes the dpi to normal. Then try the Play store again. Better do it in the zip before you flash the rom.

Cheers.

thanks for the advice. But I have not solved the problem

Guest matejsolid

Could I just flash maucat rom over laek.17 v4 or is it better to wipe data/cache/dalvik and then flash ?

Obviously second is better,but I'm too lazy backuping [emoji13]

Guest korekore1

Could I just flash maucat rom over laek.17 v4 or is it better to wipe data/cache/dalvik and then flash ?

Obviously second is better,but I'm too lazy backuping [emoji13]

then go with the first option,you will learn some things about android..!Like following the second option.

Edited by korekore1

Guest st3pb4ck

With 19.12 second sim still cannot be unlocked with correct pin, first can.

Also this morning I found out that all of the sudden auto rotation stopped working...

edit: seems that now things got stabilized and everything is woking fine (I had to remove pin on second sim thought)..

New Google maps are working unlike on pure aosp 2.0, but since people hate new google maps maybe that's nothing to brag about.

On Epic citadel benchamrk in pure aosp I got 59 frames, on Maucat I got 58, and games seems smooth like on pure aosp.

I like more leds, thats cool and combined that with Gravitybox ultimate notification that rules a lot...

Yeah camera I think seems better than pure aosp even with pure aosp driver update pack...

Battery is still in testing phase, but I think this ROM with all the same stuff installed and synced etc. gives me 1 hour better SOT that pure aosp..I cannot confirm that, will today, tommorow..

So yeah I think this one is a keeper..

edit2:

Damnit again auto rotatin going off. I think when I turn off mobile inside camera app, and then turn it on sometimes autorotation goes dead. I'm using snap camera ... hmm maybe application does the damage and not rom but never experienced this inside Pure AOSP ...hmm...."#"$"$#" anyone having idea?

Edited by st3pb4ck