Hudle 2 with Xposed framework Obb on sd, Youtube adaway, Fake wifi,

Guest arnookie

Guest arnookie

Hudle 2 with Xposed framework

So who has used it and what has caused soft brick?

So far iv'e had no problems but I hear a few have soft brick after some mods. 

What caused your soft brick and can you list what you have tried with it.

Can people also say how they recovered from a soft brick after trying Xposed mods.

I have used without problem the following 

youtube adaway  

Advanced power menu

fake wifi

obb on sd

youtube allow fullscreen hdmi

I had no prblem using the above.  

Guest abell431

Modules that I can confirm are working-

APM+

Android L Theme

Blurred System UI

Flat Style Colored Bars

Flat Style Keyboard

Lollipop Navigation Bar

Xtended NavBar

I would not worry about installing modules because if your device bootloops you can disable xposed on boot up. To do this press one of the volume keys repeatedly while the device is powering on. 

• 4 weeks later...

After rooting the latest January update I have so far installed :

Adaway

Viper4android

Titanium backup and frozen all of the Tesco apps

Busybox 1.23

Xposed framework 2.7.1 and tried the following modules and can confirm working so far :

YouTube adaway

Android L Navbar

Wanam kit ( 4 way reboot menu, circle battery, screen record all work perfectly )

Gravitybox KitKat ( so far tried expanded notifications, transparent notification menu, 26 icon drop down settings box all working )

Greenify

Guest seanspotatobusiness

I've not yet used Xposed. Can anyone tell me if there's a mod to keep the digitiser on so that gestures can be performed with the screen off? Apparently CyanogenMod does this on the OnePlus One and the LG G3 does this for the double-knock gesture for turning on the screen.

Guest r00tmydevices

Modules that I can confirm are working-

APM+

Android L Theme

Blurred System UI

Flat Style Colored Bars

Flat Style Keyboard

Lollipop Navigation Bar

Xtended NavBar

I would not worry about installing modules because if your device bootloops you can disable xposed on boot up. To do this press one of the volume keys repeatedly while the device is powering on. 

4L0M, on 21st Jan 2015 - 10:59PM, said:

After rooting the latest January update I have so far installed :

Adaway

Viper4android

Titanium backup and frozen all of the Tesco apps

Busybox 1.23

Xposed framework 2.7.1 and tried the following modules and can confirm working so far :

YouTube adaway

Android L Navbar

Wanam kit ( 4 way reboot menu, circle battery, screen record all work perfectly )

Gravitybox KitKat ( so far tried expanded notifications, transparent notification menu, 26 icon drop down settings box all working )

Greenify

For someone brand new to a rooted Android device, where is a good place for me to read up what all of these modules do and which ones work on a Hudl 2? Or is that trial and error?

Thanks.

Edited by r00tmydevices

Adaway basically blocks annoying ads in apps and games and Web browsers, it's stand alone and doesn't need xposed framework to work.

Viper4android is a system level audio enhancer that features graphic equalizer, bass boost, pre-amp and various other cool enhancements. It requires busybox to run. This can be autoinstalled during the setup of Viper4android.

Of the things I have personally listed I DO NOT recommend a beginner messing with Gravitybox as this has the potential to brick your device if you choose the wrong setting or you are not sure what you are doing. If you need any help then pm me, and we can take it from there.

Guest r00tmydevices

Adaway basically blocks annoying ads in apps and games and Web browsers, it's stand alone and doesn't need xposed framework to work.

Viper4android is a system level audio enhancer that features graphic equalizer, bass boost, pre-amp and various other cool enhancements. It requires busybox to run. This can be autoinstalled during the setup of Viper4android.

Of the things I have personally listed I DO NOT recommend a beginner messing with Gravitybox as this has the potential to brick your device if you choose the wrong setting or you are not sure what you are doing. If you need any help then pm me, and we can take it from there.

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated. And whilst I'm a complete beginner when it comes to delving into custom settings on a rooted device, part of the attraction to me was to be able to install a whole host of apps only available if rooted but also to learn more about the ins and outs of settings, tweaks, customisations etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Is blurred system UI meant to be off-centered or is that a bug? It doesn't look right to me.

I was hoping I could use xposed to add a menu button to the bar at the bottom but all it did was take the bar away completely.

Guest robin0800

Is blurred system UI meant to be off-centered or is that a bug? It doesn't look right to me.

I was hoping I could use xposed to add a menu button to the bar at the bottom but all it did was take the bar away completely.

The gravity box plugin has two navigation bar settings the first one enables it and adds buttons further down the settings is where you configure what the buttons do you need to do both

The gravity box plugin has two navigation bar settings the first one enables it and adds buttons further down the settings is where you configure what the buttons do you need to do both

Excellent! Thank you :)

Has anyone been able to reduce the minimum brightness? I installed an Xposed module to do that but whilst it let the slider go down further, it didn't seem to actually affect the brightness. Edit: Nevermind: I installed an app called Lux which does a great job controlling a "filter" which it puts over the content viewed (I've used filter apps before but this one does it automatically/dynamically according to the settings and light meter).

Edited by seanspotatobusiness

How many of you are using APM+? Do you have the time-keeping problem when you do the reboot via the APM menu? Someone else reported that the problem doesn't occur when they do a cold boot (whereas it does if they reboot via the APM menu) and so far, my experience seems to be the same.

It's pretty confusing though, because I use to have the time issue intermittently long before I rooted. Still, I guess this might put us closer to determining the actual cause.

User arnookie reported that their issues were resolved by turning off 'daydream' in the display settings but it doesn't seem connected to me (the setting is now back to on yet time-keeping is normal).

Guest arnookie

No I use APM and do not loose time. I tested for three days now with constantly streamed videos from my laptop and my battery has stayed at 100%

charge when plugged in. Before I lost charge quickly with it plugged in with daydream running. After turning Daydream off I stopped having the charge problem and my icons stopped vanishing and my clock has stayed correct. I use APM a lot by the way. :0)

If you think that APM may be causing a problem, then Wanam Kit does pretty much the same as APM,also adds screen recording from power menu and I have never had a problem with it on multiple devices.

Guest crusader58

If you think that APM may be causing a problem, then Wanam Kit does pretty much the same as APM,also adds screen recording from power menu and I have never had a problem with it on multiple devices.

only problem with wanam kit is the ads... I'm a stickler about ads

only problem with wanam kit is the ads... I'm a stickler about ads

Wanam Kit-Settings-Advanced-Put a tick in remove this apps ads.......... Done.

........or if you are rooted anyway to be able to use xposed, why on earth aren't you using something like Adaway if you are a stickler for ads?

Then you will never have Ads on anything.

Edited by 4L0M

Guest crusader58

Wanam Kit-Settings-Advanced-Put a tick in remove this apps ads.......... Done.

........or if you are rooted anyway to be able to use xposed, why on earth aren't you using something like Adaway if you are a stickler for ads?

Then you will never have Ads on anything.

I find that adaway wants too many permissions...maybe I'm just a stickler - period...lol

Guest stevehudl2

I have gravity box and clock colour changer (changes

Clock to colour of you choice when net connected)

And cool tool is really informative as long as you turn off the silly graphs and just have text info for the likes of battery, CPU , ram ect.

I have had no root related problems at all with my hudl, just tesco ones.

Edited by stevehudl2