Downgrade Moto G from Lollipop to KitKat?

Guest rjrl101

Guest rjrl101

Hello all,

I made the 'mistake' of accepting the ota upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop at the weekend. Nothing major has broken with the upgrade but there's a steady stream of annoyances starting with the infuriating swipe-to-unlock-in-order-to-swipe-to-unlock nonsense at the lock screen that bug me each time I try to do basic tasks with the phone. In short, I now loathe the phone that only last week I thought was the best phone I ever owned.

This isn't a thread to list all Lollipop's improvements in order to convince me keep 5.0.2 - I just want to know the the easiest way to revert to whatever the ultimate stock version of KitKat was for a 1st Gen 16GB Moto G XT1032 from Tesco which is now unlocked but not rooted.

Questions:

1. I have read on the web that the ultimate KitKat version was 4.4.4 but for some reason I  think I remember seeing 4.4.6 on the 'settings' -> 'about phone' page a while before I upgraded - am I imagining that?
  2. The "How to flash the standard ROM" thread starts with a link to Android 4.3.something. If I flash that to my phone will I then receive an ota update to 4.4.X before it asks to install Lollipop again or will it want to ota update direct from 4.3 to 5.0.2?
  3. Is there a download link for the latest stock Moto G 4.4.X rom? The link to an older 4.4.2 rom on the last page of the "how to flash a standard rom" thread is broken and I gather KitKat goes to at least 4.4.4.

No offence to Cyanogen or other custom roms, but stock was what I had before and it was what I really liked, so it's all I want to get back. Also I have no desire to root the phone unless the downgrade absolutely requires it.

thanks,

Richard

Guest eLJay

Really because I love the new update, made a whole new phone for me, much improved. I'm running ART and Google Now launcher.

If you are going off grid then probably better to look at cyanogenmod or going custom. Nope I didn't take a 4.4.4 image, might be worth looking at xdadevelopers

Edited by eLJay

Guest thewarden

Im also interested in downgrading.

The new update (aside form being different)  :unsure:  Seems to stuggle loading pages from BBC, ebay app etc.

I now have issues where there were no issues.

If anyone knows how to downgrade, then please let me know.

Thanks.

Guest Loren82

Im also interested in downgrading.

The new update (aside form being different) :unsure: Seems to stuggle loading pages from BBC, ebay app etc.

I now have issues where there were no issues.

If anyone knows how to downgrade, then please let me know.

Thanks.

It is easy, for downgrading from stock 5.0.2 flash 4.4.4 Firmware vía bootloader, never flash 4.4.2 firmware.