Help!!!Huawei G510 stuck on boot, screen can't go in to recovery..

Guest Saif101

Guest Saif101

hey guys,yesterday i tried to restore slimbean rom backup from TWRP and its was successful but when i reboot the phone it stuck on the huawei logo(nothing new for me) but when i tried to go into recovery it still stuck on the huawei logo?that never happened to me..:( i tried to install new revovery in fastboot but no luck also i tried the force upgrade by update.app as a last option but at the middle of the process it say update failed..:( now im stuck with the huawei logo,i cant go into recovery or do anything else..please any help will be appreciated...

Guest fonz93

hey guys,yesterday i tried to restore slimbean rom backup from TWRP and its was successful but when i reboot the phone it stuck on the huawei logo(nothing new for me) but when i tried to go into recovery it still stuck on the huawei logo?that never happened to me.. :( i tried to install new revovery in fastboot but no luck also i tried the force upgrade by update.app as a last option but at the middle of the process it say update failed.. :( now im stuck with the huawei logo,i cant go into recovery or do anything else..please any help will be appreciated...

Which update.app did you try to flash? users have tried many before finding the right one for their device, try a different version.

Guest Saif101

I don't know why it is not working,whenever I try to update it always say update fail when it reaches step 2/2 of the firmware update?is something I'm doing wrong?I put the dload folder in the root directory of SD card but it always fail at step 2/2

Guest Domino2115

I don't know why it is not working,whenever I try to update it always say update fail when it reaches step 2/2 of the firmware update?is something I'm doing wrong?I put the dload folder in the root directory of SD card but it always fail at step 2/2

i got same problem

Guest Arbab Irfan

I thought i am the only one with this problem...any luck on finding the solution..:/

You are all doing right I had this issue.. its a simple procedure..

There are three folder in firmware zip,  1. transfer, 2 dload. 3. vendor each folder have update.app

you need to flash all three update.app in sequence 

1. update app from transfer... (take few second to flash) 

2. update app from dload... ( it will take time make sure battry fully charged)

3. update app from vendor ( it will take few seconds ... it will restore boot animation . notification panel shortcuts)

Do not let phone to its first boot till you flash all three update.app or you have trouble of notification panel and boot animation of huawai or offline battery charging screen.

note: flashing destination is dload folder in phone, it is nothing to do with folder you find in official.zip. 

you only need to place all update.app from zip to phone dload one by one.

I really was confuse with dload in zip and the phone dload.

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest Arbab Irfan

Which update.app did you try to flash? users have tried many before finding the right one for their device, try a different version.

Fonz you would remember you helped me restoring g510 stock rom. 

Saif101 kindly Flash correct firmware according to your model.

for G510-0100 is http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/support/downloads/detail/g510-en.htm?id=21522

for g510-0200 is http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=20627

Guest Arbab Irfan

When you reflashed this thing did it take you back to your stock rom?

Yes it will take you to pure stock rom but it dont lock your boot-loader... if you wana lock your boot-loader then you have to go though boot-loader re-lock process.  well who else need to re-lock.. after reverting to pure stock. I flashed CWN recovery and again started messing around with OS   :P

Edited by Arbab Irfan

Guest shayan4shayan

I found a solution

Step 1 : Unlock your boot loader and install Recovery

Step 2 : With Huawei update extractor create a flash able zip from stock Rom

Step 3 : Flash zip file wia Recovery

Step 4 : Re-lock your boot loader

Finished