LiquidSmooth 4.0 featuring new Mourta-Hybrid (2015-04-10)

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

So, this is the Lollipop release, it's stable but keep in mind that the code in the ROM hasn't really had time to settle yet.

The kernel has been heavily updated, tracking Linux 3.4 (up to 3.4.106 ATM), Android-common 3.4 from googlesource and Tegra 3.4. There is also a lot of new 3.10 code in this kernel and some 3.14 code to keep it in line with my testing kernels.

The kernel is compiled with UBER-5.0 and the ROM is compiled with OpenJDK-1.7 and UBER-4.8, the ROM isn't optimized since it breaks a lot of external apps at this point in time.

You will need a newer recovery to install this, i recommend TWRP 2.0.8.5 (don't ask why) but 2.0.8.6 should work fine, any fresh build of CWM will work too, the ones available for download for non developers will not.

For Gapps there is what i use, Banks: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps and others but if you have a problem with any one of the gapps i really don't care either way, i can't fix it since it's proprietary code.

Ok, so let's go, here's the ROM:

LS-LP-v4.0-2015-03-27-liquid_p880.zip

To install it, full wipe, install it, install whatever gapps package you like, reboot the phone (first boot can be tricky) let it do everything up to the welcoming screen, restart it and go through the processes (user google account and so on).

It will enter deep sleep, it just takes a while for things to settle so give it some time.

Sources:

Kernel: https://bitbucket.org/mourta/mourta-kernel-3.4

Dev tree: https://bitbucket.org/mourta/android_device_lge_p880

Vendor: https://bitbucket.org/mourta/proprietary_vendor_lge

The branch to use is liquid-5.0 because i screwed up the versioning a long time ago, this will eventually change into liquid-4.1-LP for all branches.

I will make quite a few changes to the entire tree and it won't always be buildable but eventually i'll make a guide on how to build it from scratch along with a roomservice.xml and it should be easy to just follow the instructions.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Decay3

Awesome, thanks! I'll try migrating later today :D

Two small things: This is Android 5.1, right? And where's the source for the ROM used?

Guest SuperLamic

yeah :D finally the day I waited for long months comes :)

thank you and sorry for all troubles I caused :)

BTW can you please update device repo on your bitbucket? I want to try something and see the right code :D (I swear I won't share anything, just for myself)

Guest Mourta

Awesome, thanks! I'll try migrating later today :D

Two small things: This is Android 5.1, right? And where's the source for the ROM used?

No, it's 5.0 and the ROM sources are located at the ROM github.

I'll add that too.

Guest Mourta

yeah :D finally the day I waited for long months comes :)

thank you and sorry for all troubles I caused :)

BTW can you please update device repo on your bitbucket? I want to try something and see the right code :D (I swear I won't share anything, just for myself)

Ooops, forgot to upload the device tree and vendor to the bitbucket, i'll do that when i get home

BTW, you can share whatever you want as long as you REMOVE my name from it.

This is FLOSS, you can do with it as you please but you can't use my name for YOUR releases.

Guest Mourta

Oh PSA, CPQ is defaulted to userspace, you may want to change that.

Yeah, i know, it's the only way to ensure maximum heat and battery usage which is what every user really wants.

I'm going to change it in the init.x3.rc but for now it has to remain this way because... things.

Guest Mourta

Can you offer me some gapps packag, I have 5.0.1 is it competible ?

No, if you use that package a tiny black hole will assemble within the LG pixels on boot and grow to swallow our universe!

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Or actaully, until i start recommending specific gapps, whatever you have for the version will be ok. ;)

No, if you use that package a tiny black hole will assemble within the LG pixels on boot and grow to swallow our universe!

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Or actaully, until i start recommending specific gapps, whatever you have for the version will be ok. ;)

Too late :) But will wait your advice than reinstall your rom. And the rom is awesome, incredible fast didnt see like that before thank you again Mr Mourta.

Only thing that something draining battery, I think that because of play service, from xda I learned how can I stop it, will try

Edited by asgz

Guest Mourta

Too late :) But will wait your advice than reinstall your rom. And the rom is awesome, incredible fast didnt see like that before thank you again Mr Mourta.

Only thing that something draining battery, I think that because of play service, from xda I learned how can I stop it, will try

Literally any gapps package you use that is compatible with 5.x is fine, you can use anything you can find.

Regarding battery drain on play services.... LET IT SETTLE.

You don't have to do anything like halt any services or restrict permissions that you will later complain about are problems with my ROM.

Just LET IT BE and in a few hours it will settle down and you'll have your deep sleep and battery life.

Note, this WILL draw more battery than KitKat, i can't fix what i didn't break, if you google it it's the same on every LP ROM.

Just leave it alone, if i thought it needed fixing i would have included it.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Decay3

There is actually one more thing you should do to get better battery life, as mentioned before: Change CPUQuiet to balanced instead of the default userspace! I'm using Trickster for that, because the build-in Liquid Kernel Tweaker doesn't seem to have this setting.

So far the rom is very good! Thanks Mourta, Giuseppe and other testing team members! :D

Only one small thing, I can't seem to change any minimum and maximum frequencies, it just gets restored to the default after a few seconds.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Just a little tip guys: during my testing weeks, I noticed an important battery drain related to Google+ app, so..if you don't use it, disable it. ;)

Guest abhi08638

Has anyone tried adding these lines to their build.prop?

dalvik.vm.image-dex2oat-filter=everything

dalvik.vm.dex2oat-filter=everything

Its supposed to compile all methods on boot instead of runtime so it might improve scrolling performance at the cost of storage space.

I tried it and so far I am not noticing a large difference

Guest Mayazcherquoi

Thanks for the release. :)

the ROM isn't optimized since it breaks a lot of external apps at this point in time.

What do you mean by this?

Guest tiflao

When the phone is off , ahd I put the charger on :

-Phone is very very hot!!!!

-The baterry icon is "crashing"

Sorry for my english

I disabled in play services wake up and keep awake features and battery draining stoped, again this rom fastest rom I ever used. Just please next release can you add a file manager

Edited by asgz

Guest NothingSerious

When the phone is off , ahd I put the charger on :

-Phone is very very hot!!!!

-The baterry icon is "crashing"

Sorry for my english

Offline's charging not working that well. Avoid for now.

Guest tiflao

Offline's charging not working that well. Avoid for now.

Thanks

And what is the best gobernor for battery life and the rom is smooth ?

Regards

Guest derders

thanks for this easter egg :)

have to test it more to say something...

semi-offtopic:

I use Multirom 2.7.1 and after flashing the ROM my Multiboot Menu disappears and LS 4.0, installed on internal boots. I had this too with 3.4 Kernel but with 3.1 it works like it should

a friend of me has this too... what are we doing wrong ?

found a log (attached)

some help would be very nice

1last_log.txt

Guest NothingSerious

Thanks

And what is the best gobernor for battery life and the rom is smooth ?

Regards

That would be AbyssplugV2 with CPUQuiet set to balanced.