Announcement regarding future ROM development.

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Because if the recent ongoing partnership between Cyanogenmod and Microsoft i will be moving to ROM development that does not involve Cyanogenmods code.

http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/cyanogen-and-microsoft-sitting-in-a-tree-r1482

This will affect all future development, if this is an inconvenience then please, by all means, tell Cyanogen about it, not me.

Information wants to be free.

Nicolas Brozky

Guest SuperLamic

Did you read about their plans? They want to release Cyanogen OS which should include Microsoft bloatware, but Cyanogenmod ROM should stay as it is. (without MS stuff)

I think it is nearly impossible to ignore CM stuff since almost all mods are using commits made by CM devs.

Guest Mourta

Did you read about their plans? They want to release Cyanogen OS which should include Microsoft bloatware, but Cyanogenmod ROM should stay as it is. (without MS stuff)

I think it is nearly impossible to ignore CM stuff since almost all mods are using commits made by CM devs.

I couldn't care less about their plans and we already have a developer using pure AOSP code and there is also OMNIROM which is completely devoid of CyanogenMod influence.

Nothing is made by CM devs other than superflous crap that we don't need at all.

Name one commit that we need to build AOSP that was made by a CM dev.

Guest Mayazcherquoi

I couldn't care less about their plans

CyanogenMod is still the community driven project it will always be, and free from Microsoft software. Cyanogen OS on the other hand is for OEMs only and just CyanogenMod + Microsoft software. You can make the equivalence that CyanogenMod = AOSP, and Cyanogen OS = Android with Google Apps.

I think it's wrong to just exclude the community driven project altogether.

Guest Mourta

CyanogenMod is still the community driven project it will always be, and free from Microsoft software. Cyanogen OS on the other hand is for OEMs only and just CyanogenMod + Microsoft software. You can make the equivalence that CyanogenMod = AOSP, and Cyanogen OS = Android with Google Apps.

I think it's wrong to just exclude the community driven project altogether.

So if i do development for the project they will never use it for their Cyanogen OS?

I like that Google made the source open, i admire them for that and now CM is basically taken the code that was given to them to use in a deal with Microsoft.

I'm sorry but if you take a look at what i do i don't even use the recommended packages to compile my ROM since it's closed source and have worked with OpenBSD and their project with Intel to make drivers open source.

This is a big thing for me and i do NOT want to contribute to a community driven project that basically stole the open source from one company to provide it to another that is well known for shutting down open source alternatives at every chance they get.

Either way, i'm the developer of whatever i release and i will damn well do as i please on this matter. This isn't a discussion, this is a statement.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Mayazcherquoi

I like that Google made the source open, i admire them for that and now CM is basically taken the code that was given to them to use in a deal with Microsoft.

I'm sorry but if you take a look at what i do i don't even use the recommended packages to compile my ROM since it's closed source and have worked with OpenBSD and their project with Intel to make drivers open source.

This is a big thing for me and i do NOT want to contribute to a community driven project that basically stole the open source from one company to provide it to another that is well known for shutting down open source alternatives at every chance they get.

Fair enough. I agree with that sentiment.