[ROM][5.1.1] F-AOSP [Y300/G510] [16/05/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

This ROM is built against F-AOSP sources (https://github.com/F-AOSP), project made by Alberto97, it is practically an AOSP ROM with the support for all the other devices that are not nexus, and for that, it uses some code/repositories by CyanogenMod.

I added some extra features to it:

- Enabled transparencies for low mem devices

- 0,25 and 0,75x animation scale

- Added in-call vibration features

- Materialized stock SMS/MMS app

- Added quick settings pull down with 1 finger (right part of the status bar)

- Disabled full screen keyboard in landscape mode

- Added long click support on quick settings tiles

- CyanogenMod browser, the AOSP one really sucks, it force closes everywhere

- Headsup swipe options:

• left swipe dismiss
  • right swipe put into background
  • swipe down opens notification drawer and moves the notification into it

Disclaimer:

- Don't blame me or Alberto97 for broken devices, job loss due to missed calls or sms, bla bla bla.

- DON'T ask to port features from CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, ParanoidAndroid, LiquidSmooth, CarbonROM or any other project

My sources:

https://github.com/msm7x27a

https://github.com/F-AOSPY300

DOWNLOAD:

ROM: Google Drive

MEGA

PS: 

I forgot to include the fixed bootanimation, you can live with it until i release the next version or flash this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xonQbKq2U2ZUtjNmdLNHhIUFk/view?usp=sharing

WHEN YOU FLASH A NEW VERSION OF THE ROM YOU NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AND SUPERSU AGAIN, AOSP DOESN'T HAVE A BACKUP TOOLSCRIPT

AFTER THE UPDATE OF 16/05/2015, THE BOOT TIME (AND EVERY BOOT AFTER CLEARING THE DALVIK CACHE) INCREASED A LOT, I HAD TO DISABLE THE DEXPREOPTIMIZATION TO ALLOW YOU TO USE XPOSED FRAMEWORK, REMEMBER THAT XPOSED IS STILL IN ALPHA, ISSUES ARE THERE AND SOME APPS WON'T WORK WITH XPOSED INSTALLED, BE SURE TO NOT REPORT BUGS THAT ARE XPOSED RELATED.

Gapps: http://www.modaco.com/topic/375296-gapps51-minimal-gapps-for-android-51-g510y300g330-13062015/

Root (AOSP doesn't have root): SuperSU (flashable .zip via recovery)

PLEASE DON'T MAKE MIRRORS FOR MY BUILDS, REDIRECT TO MY THREAD INSTEAD (yes youtubers, i am talking about you).

How to flash:

- Are you really reading this?

SCREEN:

30cu3hz.png  29m876r.png

13z4bk7.png  6dvimv.png

CREDITS:

- Dazzozo

- chil360

- Alberto97

- luca020400

- khusika (https://github.com/aosp-samsung-msm7x30)

- CyanogenMod

- Google

- Huawei

- Jesus

- Me

- Etc..

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

BUGS:

- Hardware decoding (for now we use software decoders for video playback)

- FM Radio

- Sometimes you can get a black screen while resuming from sleep, the cause is still unknown, i am working on it

- Sometimes, trying to upload a file can cause a random reboot

- Random camera errors, reboot your phone and it will work again.

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

CHANGELOG:

16/05/2015:

- Disabled dexpreoptimization to allow the use of xposed framework, the first boot time and also every boot after clearing the dalvik cache is increased a LOT

- Disabled dex2oat watchdog (apps have a time limit for the dex optimization, if this time limit is not respected, then the optimization is f*cked and the system lags, disabling dex2oat watchdog avoids that situaion) (Thanks mikeNG)

- Reverted all the kernel commits and included only the specific commits to fix the memory allocation errors (Thanks chil360)

- Restored some old blobs (Thanks chil360)

- Added quick settings pull down with 1 finger (right part of the status bar)

- Disabled full screen keyboard in landscape mode

- Added long click support on quick settings tiles

- Added some Headsup swipe options:

• left swipe dismiss
  • right swipe put into background
  • swipe down opens notification drawer and moves the notification into it

- Added in-call vibration features

- Materialized stock SMS/MMS app

04/05/2015:

- Enabled transparencies by default

- Use open source lights HAL again, updated from: https://gist.github.com/Dazzozo/42c0a4167decb2af0f9c

03/05/2015:

- First build

Edited by fonz93

Guest CreasingMass

Installing '/sdcard/AOSP-5.1.1-20150503-u8833-lorenzo.zip'...

Checking for MD5 file...
I:Cannot find file /sdcard/AOSP-5.1.1-20150503-u8833-lorenzo.zip.md5
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
I:Zip contains SELinux file_contexts file in its root. Extracting to /file_contexts
minzip: Extracted 2 file(s)
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
grep: /system/build.prop: No such file or directory
Not backing up files from incompatible version: 12.1
run_program: child exited with status 127
blockimg version is 2
  erasing 262144 blocks
script aborted:     blkdiscard failed: Invalid argument

Patching system image unconditionally...
    blkdiscard failed: Invalid argument
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/AOSP-5.1.1-20150503-u8833-lorenzo.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/AOSP-5.1.1-20150503-u8833-lorenzo.zip'
Updating partition details...

G510, TWRP 2.7.0.1

Guest fonz93

G510, TWRP 2.7.0.1

There are many strange errors that shouldn't be there, try to format your sd card and download the ROM again Edited by fonz93

Guest CreasingMass

There are many strange errors that shouldn't be there, try to format your sd card and download the ROM again

I've done that 3 times already, that's not the problem, it may be my modded partition table, asked in your cm12.1 thread for the stock partition table but no one answered me.

Guest wbrambley

I've done that 3 times already, that's not the problem, it may be my modded partition table, asked in your cm12.1 thread for the stock partition table but no one answered me.

Try with TWRP 2.6.3.3?

Edit: g510-100 partition table:  http://pastebin.com/2527WZVv

Hope this helps.

Edited by wbrambley

Guest fonz93

Did you already try to install an UPDATE.APP?

Also, there's an option to fix partitions in TWRP, i don't really know if it works or not, nor what it does..

Edited by fonz93

Guest rhen

In my G510 is big!

I like 200.

Yep, Y300 has a display with 245DPI while the G500 has a bigger screen with the same resolution so it is 218 DPI.

But because the android resources is made for 240 DPI you get a pixel perfect images with this setting.

If you change your DPI to a non standard one, the image is scaled properly, but you will not get as crisp images as you can get with the 240 DPI settings.

Guest fonz93

Yep, Y300 has a display with 245DPI while the G500 has a bigger screen with the same resolution so it is 218 DPI.

But because the android resources is made for 240 DPI you get a pixel perfect images with this setting.

If you change your DPI to a non standard one, the image is scaled properly, but you will not get as crisp images as you can get with the 240 DPI settings.

I was too lazy to write this, thanks for saving my hands [emoji14]

Edited by fonz93

Guest slfl

Hmmm... Blur. Thk!